shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll see if I can get some pictures of my temporary bling for you ladies to oogle over! It was the only one at Walmart that wasn''t a inch wide and pink or in gold, and it''s huge and very pretty! My FIANCE still won''t tell me what he''s getting for my real ering, just that it''ll definitely be platinum (yay!!) and it''ll fit my finger (ha ha ha).

The best responses yet:

My dad - To fiance: No, you''re supposed to ask for my permission, I''m supposed to ask you if there is any insanity in your family, and then you''re supposed to say "not yet!" (Cause my dad is admittedly crazy!!)

My aunt (dad''s sister) - Oh, that''s great! I''m so excited for you, congratulations!! So, are you pregnant? (LOL!!)

My littlest brother (14) - Cool!!! Oh wow, that''s weird...

Hee-hee-hee!!!!!!!! Hang in there ladies!!! Your time will come soon enough, and you''ll wonder what all the fuss was about! Just read some of my ramblings on the original thread - Anxious to get the Ering!

JCJD
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!
9.gif

How cute that he couldn''t wait to ask you anymore!!!! See, he DID make his Thanksgiving deadline!!

Fi2b told me today that if we get any packages in the mail I''m not allowed to look at the return address. Interesting....
31.gif
31.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Jean
lsmathis1
Mari
mostlywatching
Audrey Hepburn
ChooChoo
MelissaSue
msbennie
Bethanying
JennaJ
sparkler29
gingerBcookie
goldengirl
chialea
reena
stellamarina
1215n
JCJD
JKohio
tlmd
kaya
njc
ivanadiamond
rfath
Tybee
LaurenThePartier
firerock
tulipcloud
jenwill
palmbaybabe
denverkat
yanekie25
sciencegeek
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
Brocksgirl24
allycat0303
dietvanillacoke
aeli
Morticia
icekid
LuvthatSparkle
Kberly
KimberJEB
kit0110
allycat0303
Queenofhearts

...it's getting kinda lonely up here at the top!!
40.gif
Here's hoping for a new pres soon!!
2.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
goldengirl--

YOU ARE SO GETTING THAT RING SOON!!!!!! If I were a magic eight ball i would be saying ALL SIGNS POINT TO YES!!! You have got to be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!!! yay

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hooray, hooray, hooray, HOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY for JCJD!!!

1.gif

Wonderful news. And we can''t wait to see the bling, temporary or not.

I know the BF saw some stones he liked yesterday, but I am now not wanting him to tell me ANY MORE. Feeling really nervous about jinxing things, but excited too.

Goldengirl, I think things are MOVIN'' for you, I can feel it!! (Hope your puppy is better?)

Yay! Our first Thanksgiving fiancee is here.....

Queenofhearts

Rough_Rock
Got to Love that Magic 8 ball.

I wonder what it has in store for me this year. I am too also on that list waiting.

Shake the 8 ball.

Oh please say yes.........(LOL)

Congratulations to all that have received what there hearts desire.

36.gif

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
JCJD - WOOO-HOOO
36.gif
36.gif

I am so very happy for you! can''t wait for the pics

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD--

a few margaritas in me, and a little sad because I no longer have my pretty ring (it''s being remounted) I jumped on PS looking for some goodo news, and YOU delivered!

Congratulations congratulations! Your family sounds hilarious!

Can''t wait to see your (practice) bling. I just picked up something at Claires to make my finger not feel so lonely. FI wants me to wear it at Thanksgiving and not tell anyone it''s fake (oh Lordy..it''s SO fake!)

GG, I must honestly say...I want you to be next! Come on!!!!!!

madarski

Rough_Rock
I think my bf is in to some sick kind of torture. He came home from work today to tell me that this woman he works with just got engaged to the man she has been dating for oh..........one month!!!!!

I was like........are you trying to ruin my good mood????? To top it all off, I can''t stand the girl already.....she is constantly bossing everyone around like she knows everything. So annoying. I was like oh fabulous.............I cant wait until she shoves that little puppy in my face the next time i see her. I might knock her out
14.gif

So, then, I decided to make the ring of my dreams up and put it in the wishlist on blue nile, so that when he goes to order my ring, he''ll have to do a doubletake. He''ll probably have a heart attack, because he is already practically going in to a seizure about spending what we had already agreed upon. And this ring is twice that. hahahaha............ here it is.....

DM15503700_CU_225_zoom.jpg

God, isn''t it gorgeous?????? I think I would just die if he ever got it for me. Actually pigs will fly out of my ass before that will ever happen..............but a girl can dream right??

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Yay JC!! Thats awesome!!!! I''m so crazy happy for you!!!!!!!!!! I DO want to see your walmart ring!!!! oooohhh. yay!!!! yay yay yay yay. THat really made my day after working FOREVER! I want to hear the proposal story and all the details.. and of course when you get the REAL ring.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hey Everyone!

JCD! Wow! Congrats! I can''t believe that your father said that! And your aunt! Was it in a joking way or were they kidding? (Kidding I hope). It sounds like a very sweet proposal. WHEN ARE YOU GPONG TO GET PICTURES???? So what I want to know is..right before he actually said it, in the moments before... did you have any clue that it was coming?

Madarski: how come the second ring you posted is twice the price? Is it because of the size of the rock you put on it? Oh and the girl that is engaged to someone she has been dating for ONE MONTH... That is insanity. Do you think they''ll actually go through with the wedding? I guess they could argue for love at first sight. I was a TA last year and there was this girl who was 18 and dating her boyfriend for three months...and they were engaged.

IceKid: Yes that occured last year. I am deferring because I went through a bachelor and master''s degree in bio one right after the other. I was feeling run down. The worst is that were I live (Quebec), about 75% of students are accepted when they are between 17 and 18 years old. It is a different system then the US. SO imagine. Everyone is 17 and 18 and I am going to be 25 YRS old!! A grandmother.

So is Thanksgiving in the US (I''m in Canada we had it in October) a big engagement time? It''s not that big where I live (Quebec) so I''ve never heard of proposals..but I guess it means we''ll get some pictures soon.

Take care everyone!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2004 10
6.gif
6:47 AM
Author: allycat0303
Hey Everyone!

JCD! Wow! Congrats! I can''t believe that your father said that! And your aunt! Was it in a joking way or were they kidding? (Kidding I hope). It sounds like a very sweet proposal. WHEN ARE YOU GPONG TO GET PICTURES???? So what I want to know is..right before he actually said it, in the moments before... did you have any clue that it was coming?

Madarski: how come the second ring you posted is twice the price? Is it because of the size of the rock you put on it? Oh and the girl that is engaged to someone she has been dating for ONE MONTH... That is insanity. Do you think they''ll actually go through with the wedding? I guess they could argue for love at first sight. I was a TA last year and there was this girl who was 18 and dating her boyfriend for three months...and they were engaged.

IceKid: Yes that occured last year. I am deferring because I went through a bachelor and master''s degree in bio one right after the other. I was feeling run down. The worst is that were I live (Quebec), about 75% of students are accepted when they are between 17 and 18 years old. It is a different system then the US. SO imagine. Everyone is 17 and 18 and I am going to be 25 YRS old!! A grandmother.

So is Thanksgiving in the US (I''m in Canada we had it in October) a big engagement time? It''s not that big where I live (Quebec) so I''ve never heard of proposals..but I guess it means we''ll get some pictures soon.

Take care everyone!
I don''t know if Thanksgiving is a big proposal time in general, but it is a big time to celebrate and be with families..so it would make sense. I guess any major holiday would be a big proposal time...celebrations, you know?

Madarski, that is one beautiful ring...I am partial to that setting, too, because it''s mine! (or mine to be---my little rock is on it''s way back to bluenile as we speak--I hardly knew her...) Heck, it''s a wish-list right? You can wish for whatever you want.

I don''t know if I would be so jealous of someone who is engaged after one month...I think I would be more worried about them. But you never know, it happens sometimes. I''m really pleased that I waited. I was what you call a serial monogammer. Have always had a serious boyfriend, heck, the last one lasted 7 years! I''m really glad that we broke it off, we fought way too much.

It''s an icky rainy day here. I am writing a final paper...can someone send some good news? JCJD, let''s see your "temporary ring!"

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
You are all very sweet, but I think ginger deserves to be next, more than I do! (Although I wouldn't turn down the ring if he offered me one!!
31.gif
) In fact, I'd say a good many of you ladies deserve to be next considering the length of your relationships...after all, I've only been with mine a year. I imagine, if I'd been working in JC's office and gotten engaged before her, she'd feel much the same way as you do about the dating-one-month girl!
2.gif

(puppy is much better, thanks!)

Queen of Hearts, I've added you to the roster! Have you seen your namesake? Is this beautiful square brilliant the reason for your chosen username?
3.gif

DSCN0012.JPG

Madarski, that ring looks AMAZING with a giant cushion! But what happened to your other ring, with the round sides as well? Did you decide it wouldn't fit since I'm guessing that's a least a two carat center stone??
31.gif
10.gif

allycat, Tybee said it well: Thanksgiving falls the last Thursday of November here in the States, just four measly weeks before Christmas. The holiday season (November to the first of January) appears to be a big time for engagements, maybe because it's another year down the tubes and the men feel pressured to propose before the New Year; maybe they get excited and since the holiday season is a time of giving, wait until then to propose; maybe the idea of family getting together, staring at your naked hand and asking embarrassing questions leads to the proposal; maybe they think it's sweet to do it when all your family will be there to enjoy it, or when you'll see them shortly thereafter to show off the ring. :shrug: Whatever the individual reason, there are a lot of proposals between now and the New Year, and I'm hoping to be one of them!!
9.gif

PAGING OOTHIBO!! Did he pop The Question yet?????
11.gif

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
JCJD-

emotion-19.gif
Hooorraaaay!!!! Congrats on your engagement, I am so excited for you! Great story! Please post pics asap!/idealbb/editor/cute/images/emteeth.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
Yuppers..............It''s twice as much because the center stone is twice as big. It''s a 2.14 c cushion cut. I was just having some fun and making the ring of my dreams. I couldn''t use the setting that we picked because it will only hold a diamond from .5-1.2c. Fun fun fun!!!

madarski

Rough_Rock
As for the one month girl.........THey may make it to the wedding, but it won''t last. I''m not being cynical. She works with my bf at a private club. She is dating a member..........because he''s loaded. He''s a good 15 years older than her, and has kids half her age. She is your typical gold-digger. It makes me angry because she has a kid too........I think if you are going to make poor decisions, then make them, but when you have children, you should not drag them in to it. Two weeks ago, while she was dating this guy, she was spending evenings with her ex. She is a drama queen for sure. Grade A Jerry Springer guest. So that is why it is disheartening. We have to wait a few months until after the holidays pass to get my ring, and because she''s a lousy golddigger she can get engaged after only dating someone a month. ticks me off.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! JCJD!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!! I''m sooo excited for you! I wanna see all the pics of all the bling....temporary bling will do for now but the permanent stuff better make its way on here!! Can''t wait to read the detailed proposal stoy...sounds like it''s gonna be a cute one!

GG-girl...it''s gonna be you real soon! since friday i''ve been sending all the engagement karma back your way since i found out i won''t be getting mine until at least feb...boo. when we went to whiteflash, i had eft my bf and brian the cutter alone for awhile, then when i came back...somewhere during the convo brian mentioned somethingabout feb....soooo yeah...i think i have quite a long wait yet. BUT YOU DON"T!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel it....it better be soon or else i bet all of us ladies here would stand by you in court for pleaing temp insanity for clobbering your fi2b for mental torture! so the cosmos are now all in a pro-goldengirl-engagement alignment....aaaah this is so exciting!
36.gif

Vicarious engagements are totally a double edged sword....one hand you get totally worked upa nd excited and can vent and ooh and ahhhh....but that makes you only want your own ring more!

welcome to all the new members! i''m in med school too...and am bound and DETERMINED to be married before i start residency...and as soon as ya''ll get into clinic rotations you''ll see why! and if you guys feel the same way...some advice: let your bf know and get him to understand why waaay ahead of time,unlike me...which is why i''m still waiting
38.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Goldengirl: I like the whole holiday thing. I can''t remember stats but have you been waiting long? And the ring.. does your boyfriend know what you want? or did he pick it out? I love proposal stories. I''m such a cynic about my life and romance but I like hearing about romantic stories for other people.

Madarski: Hmm 2.14 cushion. Jeez I wish too. What is your ring going to be if I might ask? You know, I''ve never met a gold digger so I am so intrigued by this concept. I mean really, does the guy think it is going to last? Does he know what is happening or is he blind??

So on subject of e-rings. I was thinking today about culture and rings. See where I live (Quebec) as you all know is mostly french speaking (me included but don''t hate me for it). So there is a very european attitude about marriage/sex/ relationships. Quebec people have the highest percentage of living together and having children without marriage. I don''t know if this is why e-rings aren''t that big a deal. All this to say that I have never seen a 1, 1.5 of 2 carat engagement rings. My boyfriend''s friends fiancee all have 0.25 Carats (I know 5 girls). But I did once see a 5 carat ring. I was volunterring at a cancer outreach program and this elderly woman had a five carat cushion cat diamond. I kept on staring at it because well the glare was insane. I would have been insanely jealous but she was dying of cancer and she said to me that she had said to her husband "You will a very good husband for another woman" They had been together since they were both 13 years old. I was heartbroken, it still makes me sad to think of it.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone...

Well, I was gone for three days and I come back to a new thread, LOTS of new members and JCJD is engaged!!!!! A lot can happen in one weekend !!!!!

Welcome to all and CONGRATS TO JCJD! How exciting...and so nice that it happened just before the holidays!

Glad to hear that there are so many others who have been in very long term relationships and have yet to move to the next level. My bf and I are going on 10 years--everyone always thought we''d be the first to go...meanwhile, literally everyone we know now is either married or engaged except us http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS (haha)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you PSUHeather! Don''t worry, our time will come
1.gif

I was in 3 weddings in six weeks this fall--3 of my very best girlfriends--but not a single couple had been together even 1/2 as long as we have! I mean, at 8 years together we are definitely doing the long-range plan, but things are different when you start dating younger. We spent the majority of our 20s together (we''re now 30 and 31) and just weren''t ready when we were younger....as opposed to our friends who were married after almost 4,3, and 2 years together respectively. I think when you meet later on, you''re more focused on what you want.

TEN years, wow! I think we will probably there by the time we get married since we got together in ''96 and I want at least a year engagement....and my left hand is still naked.
29.gif
But yeah, I remember all the days of "you''re next."

There are so many ladies in waiting now that I am blanking on your timeline....do you know how soon it might be?

LOVE the emoticons
31.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
this is the ring that i picked out that is more in our price range:

DM15500600_RD_100_zoom.jpg
DM15500600_RD_100_275x250.jpg

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses--even though I sound a little bitter in my previous post, i''m actually really ok with the place where my bf and I are. He used to hint at getting married at a very young age (like 22, 23) but I just wasn''t ready then. I think that, like you said, it''s important to wait until you''re really ready. And now I am. It''s just that now that I know it''s coming sometime soon, I have become VERY impatient http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYUS!!!! I''m sure you can relate! I used to think that it would definitely happen by the end of the year, but now I''m not so sure. He''s either thinking about doing it a little later than I expected, or he''s done a really good job of throwing me off (let''s hope it''s the latter ) I also have a hard time following...and you??? (sorry if you have posted something recently about it...i am just too tired to read all of the new posts from over the weekend)

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
oh...and goldengirl--you are so going to drop any second!!!!!!!!!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
PSUHeather, don't worry about it--I've only been on about a week and my introduction post is already buried in the old thread! There are a lot of ladies witing!!

Here's part of what I said then:

"....BF and I have been together EIGHT years. We've been talking engagement for around a year now, and there was a lot of noise (from him) about things happening by my 30th b-day....which was in JUNE. So it's been tough for the last months, to say the least. Especially b/c I've been a professional bridesmaid this fall and everyone's aiming their bouquets at me...he and I have been together so long that there's really no discretion from either family or friends, so no one has any qualms about asking him point blank what the hold up is, when is it happening, etc. GGGAAHH!! We've been looking at rings for a while and he knows very specifically what I like (actually a lot like Reena's STUNNING ring--that pave bezel look similar to the Ritani Endless Love and the Tiffany Legacy), but we've agreed that I'm not involved in the actual purchasing process.....which could be nice for the surprise factor, but doesn't help in terms of the anxiety..."

HOWEVER, I wish I had found this forum MONTHS ago!!!! We have been actually making a lot of progress over the last month--I know he has been shopping this past week (and had lunch with my dad yesterday) but I don't want to jinx too much with talk of Turkey day. It's just funny b/c I joined on here really late in the game, so IFIFIF it happens soon, it will seem like a much faster turn around time than it was.

But I'm RIGHT there with you. Now that I know it's imminent, I've sometimes felt like I couldn't go another DAY. Right now I'm in that weird state of CALM that people have previously written about here. Back when I was lurking, I'd read that and think, there is no WAY I could feel calm about this b/c I was feeling INSANE. Two days ago I had total butterflies in my stomach out of the blue and couldn't sleep. Today I'm feeling kind of Zen about it. It's such a WEIRD feeling!!

But I agree completely with you--I may sound more bitter than I really feel, but I was totally not ready before. Now I am!!!
36.gif

(p.s. I think perhaps he's done a good job throwing you off? It sounds like it's coming soon....and I totally agree about Goldengirl, I feel the vibes!!)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Bluerosese: I''ve been with my boyfriend for 8.5 years and I can relate with things people ask you. I saw an old high school friend and she said " you''ve been together since the dawn of time. Why aren''t you married yet?" I felt so bad. I don''t want to be engaged yet but comments make me feel like there is something wrong with me. I think its timing. I was also a bridesmaid for my boyfriend''s sister''s wedding, and she threw the boquet deliberately at me! I didn''t catch it though because I was nearly trampled by a stampede of single woman that knocked over the cameraman.

Well I can understand the anxiety though, at least you had some say in it because you have to wear it for the rest of your life! But I''m sure it will be beautiful. I love the endless love setting you mentioned. I think it is so special. By the way (possible stupid question coming) do you know if putting a stone in the bezel-set type gives it more protection to chipping on the sides?

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Allycat0303, I don''t know the answer to that--but I bet there are TONS of ladies on here who would...in fact, maybe try a search for Ritani Endless Love, or just for bezel? When I was just lurking here I found so much information about that kind of style. I think that bezels in general are supposed to be safer for active lifestyles than higher prong settings, but I am a groupie and not a guru
2.gif
Maybe Reena or Treysar might know since their rings are kind of similar? Though Reena''s has those stunning claw prongs, so I don''t know if it''s still bezel? So much of this is new to me.

I don''t know what I will end up with...he really knows (and likes also) what I like, but I''ve also told him that if he sees something else that sort of "speaks to him" as being very me, that I will love that too. And who knows, he might just do a temporary setting with the stone and have us get the setting together.

PSUHeather, I was cruising through old posts to remember everyone''s stories, and you have the same ring taste too!! What have you and your bf decided to do?

And also Ally--there is NOTHING wrong with you! I know how you feel--people joke about our being together for 40 years and such and it does feel bad when they''re imposing their ideas of what''s correct onto your relationship, and every relationship is different!

Examples--I was a bridesmaid in ''99 in one of my best friend''s weddings. At that point we were SOSO not ready and I was going back to grad school and had other priorities....and the bride aimed it RIGHT AT ME. And as it flew toward me, it was like my mom and boyfriend, standing together off on the side, were like "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" in super slow motion...and I CAUGHT it--and TOSSED it like a hot potato right behind me without even thinking. It''s a GREAT picture in her wedding album--a volleyball action shot. The girl that set them up caught it instead and that was great. Fast forward to ''02, I semi-reluctantly co-caught one with a 10 year old girl. Tried to get her to keep it, but her mother insisted that I have it. Which was ok. And then the most recent catching in September, I might as well have had a catcher''s mitt, I was ON!! And it was a sweet moment b/c the bride and i have been friends since we were 2 and everyone wanted me to catch it...and we were excited when I did. The other two I was in this fall, neither bride even threw one....some comment about how "most of our friends are a little long in the tooth" for that. OUCH!! When you''re finally ready, I think you''re ready.

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses--it sounds like you''re going to drop at any moment too!!! That''s so exciting! Well, I say good for us. We had the willpower to hold off until we were really ready, and now it will be that much more sweet when it happens (not to say that other people don''t get to that point of being ready much quicker...everyone has their own timeline.) And believe me...I definitely understand the wedding/bouqet thing. I have been to about a thousand weddings recently and I am constantly hearing "You better catch it this time." And at my sister''s wedding, which was in early October, I actually did! It was a little freaky actually...I always try to hide because I''m not one to be the center of attention, and yet it literally came right to me like there was some cosmic force directing it to me......

It''s good to hear that the anxiety eventuallysubsides...right now I feel like I really need to go an anti-anxiety pill

And I''m so excited to hear that so many people love the micropave settings as much as I do! Absolutely no one I know has one, so I always felt alone. The ring I have actually decided on is part of the Ritani Endless love collection...with the 4 prong, basket setting and a round stone. It''s driving me crazy that it''s out there and I can''t have it yet!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
God, this is just so funny--and how I WISH I had known about this forum months ago.

PSUHeather, me too--on this site it seems like we are all so into the micropave style--and I know it's getting popular out there--and yet I have never seen a ring on anyone like it in person, so let's hope we're all just well-informed and ahead of the curve. I have decided I don't love round for myself (well...if I get one I'll still be thrilled, but we've been talking more cushion, asscher, oval,) but I just adore that ring--so excited you're going to have it! The first time I saw it online I freaked. That's the style I have loved both on faycullen.com and at a local antique store, but I'd had a hard time searching for it, and with such a delicate, thin band. When your time comes (and it will be soon!!) you HAVE to post the pics!!

I've been posting like a crackbaby this week, but in one of my earlier posts from a few days ago, I made a comment about how I needed some "cyber-paxil" from the ladies on the thread. So believe me, you're not alone--I'm not sure why I'm less anxious today, but I'm sure it will be back. It's the pre-e-bi-polar disorder
26.gif
Wheeee!!!

p.s.....Heather, can you post a pic of the 4-prong Endless love? I'm thinking perhaps I've only seen the bezel? Can't wait to see all of the waiting BLING from everyone--real, temporary, future, fantasy.....bring the bling
2.gif

psuheather

Shiny_Rock
Alleycat--I know exactly how you feel! I just went to a mini college reunion this weekend and it was like a broken record. "Hey where''s that ring?", "Jeez, what''s taking you guys so long?", "Gosh, it''s been, what...nine, ten years now? What''s the hold up?" Finally I just had to say, "Look, everyone has their own timeline. We''ll do it when we''re good and ready." (little do they know that my good and ready time in NOW!)

But, it''s important to remember that getting engaged has nothing to do with other people or what they think. It''s a very personal decision, and I find it commendable when people really take the time to know that it''s right. So there to all the annoying "when are you going to do it-ers?" (OF COURSE, not directed at anyone on this thread--you girls are my sanity!)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Amen sistah!!

Really, you ladies are so great. Whether a couple has been together 1 year or 10 years, it''s a personal choice to figure out when it''s time. (Sadly for us, we still often figure out that it''s time before our dear bfs do and have to silently wait for them to catch up a bit, but that''s what this thread is for!!)

That''s actually a fear of mine though: I really hope that people aren''t unpleasant with "FINALLY, it''s about time!!" kind of comments when it DOES actually happen. I mean, that would be tactless and unkind, but people often think they''re being cute.

For you betrothed ladies with that coveted line through the name, did you get any snarky comments like that, or once it happens does the length of the wait just fade away with the joy and excitement?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results