shape
carat
color
clarity

The All New Ladies-In-Waiting Club!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Congrats ivanadiamond! And Golden, it sounds like things are moving....

I do NOT want to jinx anything, but I thought I would try my picture posting skills just for future practice. BF was really cute today. Turns out he''s been going for a cocktail before entering the ring shop--did this on Weds, and did it again today. That''s very him, fine. But what I didn''t know is that what he''s doing is sitting at the table, sipping a drink and spreading all the ring pics out in front of him to ponder before gathering his courage and walking in to the store. He said that BOTH times now a waitress has made some sort of comment, like "wow, those are some pretty diamonds" or something. I just thought that was cute. I know he''s nervous and scared and SUCH a boy, but the fact that he was kind of doing some studying over his liquid courage just was so endearing to me. (Well, endearing, codependent, take your pick
2.gif
)

This is one of my recent bridesmaid outings. Note that I''m a midget compared to my 6''3" boy!!

925.jpg

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
GG, can you add me to the list? i have been debating asking because i was thinking it would jinx me
32.gif
but i am ready and want to join you girls
36.gif
maybe it''ll happen in the next 6 months, who knows, i can wait longer if need be, and morticia, i bet you will be before me...i will be last
2.gif

yanekie, where did you get that avatar?? poor michelle!!

aeli

Rough_Rock
i love all these pretty sparkly things!!! twinkletoes, your dream ring is gorgeous. i love how delicate it looks.

so bummed right now. i just got a call from my fiance. We were supposed to pick up my new ring tonight (long story posted in another thread), but he can''t make it because he''s really ill. not sure if he can make it to the jewelry store tomorrow either. he called to ask if i could pick it up myself, but since all the paperwork/payment information is in his name, they won''t allow me to.
39.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
kberly,
I too worried about jinxing myself...but it worked out fine. I''m sure it will work out for you too. So here is my future setting. My Precious has to be sent back to bluenile, and I won''t see it for two weeks! But at least it will fit (turns out I''m not a size 6, I''m a 5 1/2!)

thefuturesetting.jpg

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
HOnestly,
My dream ring is Reena''s, I mean hubba hubba! But this one goes a little better with my life-style...and our budget! It still makes me deliriously happy.
It''s Friday everyone...who is next?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here ya go Ladies .... your official Ladies in Waiting attire .... ya gotta have an official costume. Maybe wearing it around the house will prompt your men to be more timely getting the ring on your fingers. Or better yet, have a Ladies in Waiting party each week, rotating thru the homes of PSers who live close to each other. Surely that subtle hint will make them hoist their petards and get to the jewelers quicker!
emotion-14.gif

30088-main.jpg

aeli

Rough_Rock
Tybee, isn''t it funny what a broad range one person''s tastes can be. When I was looking around, I think my two favorite styles were one similar to Reena''s, and one similar to yours, only with pears on the side instead.

denverkat

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/19/2004 3:49:40 PM
Author: jenwill
<------------look what I turned into

Evil Baginses are keeping me from my ring, I am sure of it

Jenwill-

that''s a fantastic avatar!- you inspired me to create a gollum desktop for my BF''s computer. He''s a LOTR nut- maybe the message will be clearer in his language
2.gif

gollumring.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
hilarious!! I love these stories of putting it in "their" language...whether it''s Gollum or picking out a watch (from the other thread.) It can be so hard to break through the boy-logic sometimes.

I hope it works! The precioussssssssssssssssss
41.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2004 6:29
6.gif
8 PM
Author: denverkat

Date: 11/19/2004 3:49:40 PM
Author: jenwill
<------------look what I turned into

Evil Baginses are keeping me from my ring, I am sure of it

Jenwill-

that''s a fantastic avatar!- you inspired me to create a gollum desktop for my BF''s computer. He''s a LOTR nut- maybe the message will be clearer in his language
2.gif

gollumring.jpg

I laughed right out loud in my office- now all the toehr cube dwellers are wondering what I find so funny on a friday afternoon.....

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies,

So--I'm feeling a little freaked. I have no knowledge of anything certain, but this has all been a hypothetical for so long and now I'm starting to feel nervous as it SEEMS to get closer?

BF and my Dad are hanging out tomorrow to watch a game. Now, this isn't that odd--they get along great and from time to time do get together to watch a game or have a drink--but the timing (I know there's been shopping, Thanksgiving is coming) is giving me butterflies in my tummy. They should be good butterflies! Eek--maybe it's nervousness that I'm getting nervous for NO reason and I'm overthinking things and they're JUST watching football and this could still be a lot longer of a wait. Is that it? I mean, I don't think the two of them have hung out alone in several months. Hmmm.

I need to be slapped a la Cher in Moonstruck. "Snap out of it!"

Help! Send some cyber-paxil my way
2.gif

Edited: I hope I don't seem like a brat. I think I'm just on emotional overload between my aunt's diagnosis, the e-ring drama, and my roommate's dog literally barely escaping death under a car tire today (like, his little belly was all scraped up from the pressure on him against the street.) Anyway, I think I just need to chill. Such a heightened time. Happy weekends to all of you!

KimberJEB

Shiny_Rock

Hi -

Can I join y''all? I don''t know what the "old thread" is or what the rules are, but...I am waiting VERY impatiently:)! He discovered (i.e. I said look at this cool site) blue nile the other night and thinks it is really cool...so we may be making progress..plus there was the Kay Jewelers card in his wallet (which I had to start talking really loudly about how I didn''t like princess cut diamonds after seeing what was written on it, lol). Anyway, we''ve been together 7 years in March and I''m a-waitin''.

Anyway, let me know!

Kimberly

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome KimberJEB!
35.gif
another Kimberly is always great news
1.gif
2 (kimberly''s that is) added on the list today!! woohoo
emotion-19.gif
we all will be waiting with you

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Welcome multiple Kimberlys!

I haven''t been on "the list" for long....well, I''m in an 8 year relationship, but didn''t discover Pricescope until recently. Wish I had known sooner! So welcome, and hope that all of our stays are brief but lovely
emlove.gif

kit0110

Rough_Rock
oh....add me to the list. we are looking at rings, but he''ll surprise me w/ the proposal

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
thanks blue roses
1.gif
you 2 have me beat by a few years, but BR, you found this place just in time...you''re not engaged yet, so you can begin to gain knowledge for the e-ring and other future diamond purchases!
9.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, ladies!! Do you realize I have added TWELVE girls to the list just TODAY??
6.gif
Welcome to all the new girls! No rules, really, just have fun!
10.gif

And ivana, CONGRATS!! We'll be waiting for pics of your ring when you get it!!
2.gif

And no, I don't have my stone yet. Well, if I do, he hasn't told me about it!!
31.gif
That's just my drool-able ring. I like to look at it and I'm considering how to subtly insert a printout into his wallet, lol...

Jean
lsmathis1
Mari
mostlywatching
Audrey Hepburn
ChooChoo
MelissaSue
msbennie
Bethanying
JennaJ
sparkler29
gingerBcookie
goldengirl
chialea
cute330xigrl (has disappeared?)
reena
stellamarina
1215n
JCJD
JKohio
tlmd
kaya
njc
ivanadiamond
rfath
Tybee
LaurenThePartier
firerock
tulipcloud
jenwill
palmbaybabe
denverkat
yanekie25
sciencegeek
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
Brocksgirl24
allycat0303
dietvanillacoke
aeli
Morticia
icekid
LuvthatSparkle
Kberly
KimberJEB
kit0110

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
OH my gosh! This new thread really attracted a lot of new members! Crazy!

To the girls.. *old and new" - If you''re not familiar with my posts.. I was the nuttiest of them all..and just when I thought it was NEVER going to happen, it DID!! So there really is hope!!

ootthibo

Rough_Rock
Hey girls,

It''s been awhile since I''ve posted (we have exams coming up and I''ve been burried in the books).

Well....my boyfriend confessed last night that he was going to ask me last weekend, but I had a bad weekend (emotionally) and he decided it wasn''t the right time.

Now that I know for sure he was going to do it last weekend I''m hoping he will do it this weekend, because I am dying to share it with all of our families for Thanksgiving (but who knows....hes a sneaky little devil...I had no idea he was going to do it b/c he kinda hinted he wanted to wait). But, hey at least I know it will be a surprise.

KimberJEB--just make sure your boyfriend stays away from Kay for the e-ring. All those mall jewelry stores will take him for a ride (I went into one a few weekends ago w/ my b-friend to try on shapes and they had a 1.5 carat RB, it had to be at best an I in color and an SI2-I1 in clarity and they wanted $12,000).

Hope someone gets asked this weekend
36.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, someone''s BOUND to get asked this weekend! The list is getting crazy long...I better get more than one name to cross off, after all those additions!
2.gif

oothibo, how disappointing! Hopefully he WILL do it this weekend, otherwise, it was just mean of him to tease you with it...
8.gif

I keep having these crazy dreams where Kyle''s got the ring and I know he''s going to propose, but he''s trying to do it all wrong and so I keep avoiding him because I don''t want him to botch it!
6.gif
This is ridiculous, because he''s very thoughtful and he knows how important this is to me, and I know he''ll want to "do it right" and I know he''ll make it very special. I actually think it may be more reflective of my worry over the ring...since I don''t think he REALLY knows what I want, nor will he be as anal about it when selecting/ordering the setting.

Anybody else sometimes PRAY for a temporary setting??
40.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/20/2004 12
6.gif
8:30 PM
Author: goldengirl
Oh, someone''s BOUND to get asked this weekend! The list is getting crazy long...I better get more than one name to cross off, after all those additions!
2.gif

oothibo, how disappointing! Hopefully he WILL do it this weekend, otherwise, it was just mean of him to tease you with it...
8.gif

I keep having these crazy dreams where Kyle''s got the ring and I know he''s going to propose, but he''s trying to do it all wrong and so I keep avoiding him because I don''t want him to botch it!
6.gif
This is ridiculous, because he''s very thoughtful and he knows how important this is to me, and I know he''ll want to ''do it right'' and I know he''ll make it very special. I actually think it may be more reflective of my worry over the ring...since I don''t think he REALLY knows what I want, nor will he be as anal about it when selecting/ordering the setting.

Anybody else sometimes PRAY for a temporary setting??
40.gif
Oh GoldenGirl,
How very funny your dream is. We so want to control this whole thing, don''t we? Look in the bright-side, my FI totally botched the proposal...but that made it such a better story!
I don''t know if you want to talk with him any more about it, but after a long discussion I told mine what a great idea the temp setting was. That''s what he went with...He got the diamond from bluenile, then let me pick the setting.

The really sad part it, it''s gone now. I got to wear it for less than a week, and now it''s being shipped back to bn for the actual setting. I''m wearing a foil napkin ring right now...but will soon go to Claires to get a silly replacement.

It kind of stinks that Thanksgiving is around the corner, and I won''t have my ring...but the sooner it''s sent out there, the sooner it will return.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2004 4:54:23 PM
Author: diamondgeezer
how about a list of grooms-in-waiting? it is going to be pretty much a year
39.gif
til I am able to get the ring, but I am willing to wait til I can afford the perfect ring. it will be one carat, h&a, F, VS2, setting will be platinum, pretty and classic, preferrably with the diamond set fairly low.

OH Diamondgeezer! You are SO sweet! I know your gf or fiancee-to-be will he happy!!

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Where''s the pride?
Yes, on my craggly man-hands I am wearing a foil napkin ring...I am a freak...a freak I tell you. Hope everyone''s weekends are going well.

45499958789_640.jpg

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Tybee...don''t feel bad, I too had craggly man hands with chewed-up fingers until I quit doing massage and grew my nails out!
5.gif
Now they actually resemble girl''s hands, although I still have callused knuckles and torqued pinkies bilaterally. The right hand looks better than the left, though, so fi2b has said if I''m embarrassed he''ll take pics of my e-ring on my right hand (when I get it) and flip it to make it look like my left. He''s such a sweetie.
9.gif

Hmm, the thing is, I have absolutely no idea of his budget. Like, I don''t know if it''s sim-in-a-solitaire budget or 85-points-in-a-platinum-pave budget. NO idea, and he won''t give me any sort of hint. So I don''t want to TELL him I love that graduated pave setting if it''s too far out of reach. It''ll either make him feel bad or delay my ring!
2.gif

If I picked my setting it would either be that pave one I posted or a simple 6-prong solitaire. And it seems silly for him to buy a $100 temp setting and me turn around and replace it with a $300 in-his-view-practically-identical setting. See my trouble? So unless I know he will be able to swing the pave, I really can''t say anything. And he ain''t talkin''.
7.gif

madarski

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/19/2004 3:57:21 PM
Author: njc

Welcome to all the new ladies!

35.gif

I have been exceptionaly good at avoiding doing ANY work today (even though i really do have something i need to finish before i leave!) i came up with this... its silly really, but at one point i told Yanekie to ''embrace the bling'' and out of boredom/avoiding work/craving my ring NOW! i created this. Kinda dorky.

So i talked to the b/f a little while ago... was sure he was going to rub it in that he had my ring and that i wasnt getting it (

29.gif
) but he didnt even mention it. He said that he was trying to take a nap because he wasnt able to sleep at all last night (hmmm... a little nervous???). Then he asked what time i expected to leave work and i told him and he said, ''good, so ill have a little time.'' WHAT DOES THAT MEAN!!! I think this is going to be the hardest part! He has it and now everytime i come home or leave i know i am going to think, is this it? is this it?!?! I''m even afraid to leave work because i know (at least hes told me) im not getting it today... ''it will be a while''. NOT FAIR! It was supposed to be my b-day present and that was over a month ago!!!

GG - Im *totally* fighting ripping through the closets. We do spend most of the time together, so not many chances to snoop except when hes in the shower or leaves for work! OH GOOD GRIEF!!!

Madarski - i LOVE that setting!!!

thanx!!!! i love it too!!!! i want so badly to see it in real life!!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock

Hey everyone!

wow. That is a long list. I think I am going to be on it the longest because I want to wait another two years! My boyfriend of 8.5 years was going to propose this summer (I was applying to med school and he wanted me to know that it didn''t matter one way or the other, we would still get married) Any way, I knew it was coming because he had written a speech and I found it in his pocket! In any case, I was really afriad. So my brother called him and said.. "If you''re planning on doing something big for your anniversary, DON''T DO IT BECAUSE SHE IS GOING TO SAY NO!" So it all came out that I knew and wasn''t ready. I don''t know if he bought a ring, or just a diamond or nothing (although the speech said..I''m giving you this ring.... (Hopefully not a ring because I am very, very picky!) And I just found my dream ring!!!!!! So that''s it. My story. I love the ring settings that all of you guys have already picked out.

MADARSKI! I love that setting with the sidestones! Is it from blue nile by any chance?? I think there is a similar one on that site. You made a fantastic choice. Or did your boyfriend pick it out? I can''t remember because I can''t change pages without losing my post!

Goldengirl! I don''t know what the setting of your sidestones are called but I lie that style setting too. With a nice matching wedding band with the same sidestone setting.

Well I am really happy to be on the list. Now I can post questions without feeling like I am butting in where I am not wanted! Talk to you girls soon!

halloween-pic.jpg

palmbaybabe

Shiny_Rock
Tybee - I love your "ring"
31.gif
but what I really wanted to tell you is that I don''t think you have man hands, they look just fine to me

madarski

Rough_Rock
Thank you!! It actually is from Blue Nile. In the platinum settings with sidestones section. I absolutely adore it. Congrats on going to med school. I will be starting pharmacy school soon.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Cross me off the list!! I''m engaged!!!!!!!

I don''t have "The One Ring" yet, but he actually proposed while we were watching The Return of the King!!

Short proposal story:
We went out to dinner at our favorite restaurant, an Indian restaurant, which was delicious! Then, we went over to his place to watch Lord of the Rings (jenwill, I was thinking of you!). I was good about not getting my hopes up,so I wasn''t expecting it, but during the scene where you see Merry and Pippin on the wall of Isengard, he asked me to marry him!!!!! He couldn''t get the ring in time, but he didn''t want to wait to propose!!! So off to Walmart to get the "Show-off" ring until the real one arrives! I''m so excited!!!

JCJD

icekid

Ideal_Rock
allycat- are you applying to med school now, or have you started already? i am a first year now, about 1/3 of the way through now! wooooohoo :)

wow, i can''t believe you''ll have been with your bf for 10 years before you want to get engaged. i''ve been with mine for a year now, and he is already getting an earful about what kind of ring i want haha... but we''ll see how long it takes him to save enough money! being in med school = not a whole lot of extra money lying around unfortunately...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results