shape
carat
color
clarity

The 2010 BIG PLANS Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Great years in store for the PSers! I hope all your plans happen easily!

In 2010, I will:
- complete and defend my dissertation
- finish grad school
- move across the U.S.
- start my dream job as a college prof
- get diamond earrings for graduation (DH will hear this every day until I believe it has sunk in
2.gif
)

And, I very much hope the stars align similarly for DH, too. He is currently trying to get his dream job to be able to move at the same time I do so. I want nothing more than to achieve our career goals together.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Career
Hopefully opening a new bar.
Hopefully increase the income of the current bar.

Vacation
Vacation planned in February to Cabo.
Another vacation to Hawaii tentatively planned for July.

Jewelry purchases
No upgrades planned for another couple of years.
Possibly a gemstone project planned for my 5 year wedding anniversary.

Miscellaneous
Celebrate my hubby''s 50th birthday!
Forget about my birthday even occurring this year!
No moving to a new home or having a baby plans.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 12:30:14 AM
Author: Alistra
My husband and I are taking our first trip to Europe and starting a business. I hope to do some minor remodeling too, but I am not sure that is going to happen in 2010.

thread jack here: i was looking at your pretty avatar and noticed you joined in 2000. you were one of the first. interesting!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 10:29:16 PM
Author: mrssalvo
celebrating 10 years of marriage to my hubby!
Me too!!! What month were you married Mrs. S? We were married in April; Yay for 10 years. I don't feel like it has been 10 years!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

BLISS, you are the sweetest!!! Join us, the more the merrier!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
We are going to try to finish the floor and baseboards for the whole house. So far my study is done and most of the floor is done upstairs. We then will put in a new kitchen and countertops for bathrooms. It will be a fun year of making our home even more beautiful!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
This is the year DH and I will finish and finally move into our house and we are so excited about that and can't wait to have free time.

We are also going to TTC this year; so we know how we will spend our newly found free time
2.gif

Here is to 2010
36.gif

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Reviving this thread to update. I will definitely be opening a new bar this year. The city gave us the go ahead last night. So, my husband and I will be the busy owners of two bars by summertime.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/28/2010 6:59:48 PM
Author: coda72
Reviving this thread to update. I will definitely be opening a new bar this year. The city gave us the go ahead last night. So, my husband and I will be the busy owners of two bars by summertime.
Congratulations!!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
We hoping to have all our debt (aside from student loans and my car loan) paid off by the end of the year which is exciting for us lol!

Another big thing is FINALLY getting saffron neutered! We are hoping it will help to curb his craziness!

We are going to a wedding this summer and going to the annual family golf tournament DH''s family has every year. Normally it is back in ND but this year it will be NM so I''m excited to have only a 6 hour drive as opposed to 13 hours!! And less gas!!! Yes!! Also will make more of an effort to get out and go camping on weekends, how can we not with these beautiful mountains around us!!

DH and I are actively trying to lose weight as well so hopefully by this time next year I''ll be back to a healthy weight and him as well
1.gif
My goal is to be in a bikini by the time we go on a honeymoon (which has been pushed from this summer to summer of 2011 most likely)
2.gif

Also DH is trying to get into an archaeology internship at the museum of natural science here in denver so we both are crossing our fingers really hard for that
2.gif

Other than that, just enjoying each other and enjoying life!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm... I must have missed this thread in the move - go figure!

Started out the new year with a big move to China - Jan 1 was my first whole day.

Going to be moving into a huge house and getting a live in Ayi - no more laundry or cooking for me for a while! That''s a huge change!! That sounds horribly pretentious but I''m not sure how to phrase it that doesn''t sound spoiled rotten!!!

Going to buy another diamond ring - I cannot live without diamonds. In fact I just dreamt last night that I was at a chinese store I shop at and one of the american women was there with her husband and they were "trying on" diamonds by putting them on the floor to see what they''d look like from a "real life" perspective (think the thread in SMTR) and I was like wow those are like 4 carat diamonds laying on the floor - they must be really cheap here - maybe I can just take a couple!! lol Am torn between a 7, 5, or eternity. I have big fingers so it might take 7 stones from a 5 stone to do it lol Would like to have an eternity too so maybe that''s what I''ll do.... ugh!!

Going to be taking 2 trips back to the US but one of them may be a fun trip to like florida or hawaii or alaska or something

Going to be going on a trip to I don''t know where - maybe New Zealand or Thailand or Japan.

Want to go to Beijing this summer and check out the most popular part of the wall and compare it to the part that is near us (that we have not yet seen) that is run down and untended.

The biggest thing is just learning to adjust to this place.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 11:43:53 PM
Author: MC

Date: 1/2/2010 5:20:22 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 1/2/2010 5:01:39 PM
Author: MC

Same. Don''t have any plans. I''m getting a business license however haven''t figured out a business yet. Any ideas?
2.gif
yea,open a tropical fish store.
2.gif
Yeah, hehehe I''ve been thinking about what I can do with all my fish. However, we got a female preg. guppy and she had her babies and all have disappeared from the tank (and I didn''t syphon them out). . .it''s a mystery. So much for our inventory.
1.gif
I''m sorry to say MC, but I suspect your babies were eaten.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 4:48:47 AM
Author: megeve
I just wish to stay sane with 2 construction sites going on this year!
That will be a remarkable feat Megeve!

I''m hoping that our kitchen reno will go ahead and Mr Gailey and I will not kill each other in the process!

If it looks likely, perhaps I can come and camp out in one of yours!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 1:53:39 PM
Author: loriken214
DH and I want to buy a new car.

I''m hoping to get back on my chemo infusions. Yes, this is a GOOD thing!

We want to landscape our yard and replace the plants/tree we lost to Hurricane Ike.

Save more money and stop buying on impulse.
9.gif

Lori
Ooh, there''s a subject I know about. Let me know if you need any suggestions Lori. Happy to help.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 4:07:19 PM
Author: Steel
This is the year DH and I will finish and finally move into our house and we are so excited about that and can''t wait to have free time.

We are also going to TTC this year; so we know how we will spend our newly found free time
2.gif

Here is to 2010
36.gif
Steel, I''ve loved hearing the snipets about your house. It would be marvellous if you felt comfortable posting some pictures of some of your period features. It sounds like you have done an awesome job!

E B

Ideal_Rock
We''re moving cross-country in March. As for vacations, not this year. Maybe when baby''s a bit older and can either a) come along or b) be left with relatives.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coda
Congrats!!
36.gif
do PSers get a FREE drink?
27.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, Coda!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
*DH might be living in Hong Kong for a couple weeks this summer for work so if he goes I''ll get to visit (for free!)
*I''m hoping to decide if I want a career change and either look at going back to school (I''m actually thinking floral design) or perhaps moving back into fashion but with an in store position instead of corporate.
*DH and I are also talking about moving closer to where his school is and where his firm will be.

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
really really really want a puppy. we''ll see what DH says about that ;-)

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Yssie, Dancing Fire, and Katamari. It was a struggle to get the variance from the city, but we are so happy to be at this point. Now the hard part, building the bar! Luckily my husband was a general contractor previously, so it won''t be as hard as it could be. As for free drinks, considering how many PSers we have on here, I would be bankrupt if I gave everyone free drinks! But if any PSers ever do show up in one of my bars, I''m sure I''ll take good care of them.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock

This is incredibly cool!! Congrats.

My 2010 plans: getting married in October... and becoming an aunt in September (my only sister is pregnant). Incredibly excited for both!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I''m getting married and finishing my book!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Finishing my 4th CD! My label is breathing down my neck!!!!
I only have done a 1/3 of it... I should stop procrastinating!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results