shape
carat
color
clarity

The 2010 BIG PLANS Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
We''re hoping for a baby
9.gif

And I''ll be half finished with residency in July, which is quite exciting to me!

Trip to Europe in March, too. Can''t decide on Spain or Italy.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
*Hopefully* I will be starting Grad school.
I *will* send DD off the preschool (Yay!)
I am also planning on a big trip this spring.
We are also thinking of moving neighborhoods.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Moving (hooray! I''m so excited)
Having a baby (due mid-March)

That''s enough for me for one year.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to all the trip takers, graduates, brides, and mommies!! Looks like 2010 WILL be a big year for many of us!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
SS, congrats on the upcoming baby; your son will be a great big brother!!!! It is super exciting to read about all the new babies that will be here this year!!!
35.gif

The only big plans I can think of are that the Whole family is going to Alaska; it should be fun to be with family and see the glaciers and wildlife.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much for all the dust Penn!!! A baby and earrings would make for quite a year:) Mostly the baby (though the earrings would be nice!
2.gif

We are hoping to have a family through adoption as well as birth, but adoption is not financially feasible for us for about 5-10 years
14.gif

If it''s not being too nosey, are you adopting domestically or internationally?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009 were all milestone years.

I''d really prefer to NOT have any in 2010! I''m hoping this is the year where DH and I can have some peace and quiet, enjoy some small-scale projects on our home (maybe even contract them out!), travel a bit, and just enjoy being happy and married.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 10:36:13 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
I graduate from law school this year!
Me too! I'll be done in March.

ETA Pennquaker, I'm pretty sure you do have a great home to offer. I've thought from a few of your posts that you're a fantastic daddy.

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
2010 is a huge year for me. My name is Jo and the year has been renamed 20J0.

In order
1. Start new job as matron in charge of 4 hospital wards (eek!)
2. Buy new car
3. Get married (August)
4. Go on awesome honeymoon. Options at moment include China/ Brazil/ Japan/ Driving big-pimping a$$ ride across the West Coast (we are from the UK)
5. Start TTC
6. Turn 30!

Phew, it really is a hectic year!

So Excited

Shiny_Rock
Having another baby in June!! Yay for some more crazyness in our house!
36.gif

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm there are some exciting times ahead for us pricesccopers
36.gif

For 2010 plans include:
A trip back home (aust) in March for our good friend''s wedding (im a bridesmaid!) and to see our new niece
A trip to Alaska or Italy (still up in the air) around September
A summer jam packed full of amazing hikes (i have a long list and im very excited for the sunshine to come
9.gif
)

But everything else hinges on:

1) SO being sponsored in Canada so we can keep living here past October
2) And while it wouldnt necessarily make us leave, i would like to make some headway in my career here, or at least get to a point similar to where i was in Australia.

Cheers to a happy, healthy and successful 2010 for all of us
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Graduate from my PhD program.
Getting a real job.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re going to officially start TTC in April.

Going to Cote d''Azur and Paris for 2 weeks in April/May.

I think that''s really all I have planned as of yet.
9.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 4:39:50 AM
Author: pennquaker09
MC, Bella, and somethingshiny - Thank you all! I guess I should clarify that we''re waiting on the approval to adopt. It would be much easier for us to do surrogacy again, but I REALLY want to adopt. I feel like it would be a blessing for us, but more important, it would give a child a great home (or at least, I think we have a great home).

penn- From what I know of you, I''m certain you''d be a great daddy to #3. Hope your approval goes through asap. Adoption is such a wonderful way to build a family!

Bella_mezzo- my TTC buddy! We''re also hoping to adopt one day, but it''s just not feasible while I am a resident. Hopefully in a few years, though.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 5:06:29 PM
There is the posibility of a new child. We''ve been working on the requirements to adopt for almost a year now.

There is always the chance of us moving, Nate brings it up all the time and I shoot it down once her mentions the place.

OMG I totally missed this when I looked at this thread the first time. Fingers SUPER CROSSED for you and Nate - I can''t even imagine what wonderful daddies you guys must be, and any little one would be so lucky to find a home with you two and twins. I really hope it works out
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

getting married
small bathroom renovation (starts this week!)
36.gif

possible kitchen renovation (might be end of 2010??)
window renovations (replace storm windows)
new storm doors
36.gif

I know some of these are not HUGE but I swear $800 here, $2000 there.. and on and on it adds up!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC, Bella, and somethingshiny - Thank you all! I guess I should clarify that we''re waiting on the approval to adopt. It would be much easier for us to do surrogacy again, but I REALLY want to adopt. I feel like it would be a blessing for us, but more important, it would give a child a great home (or at least, I think we have a great home).

Steph - I''m so excited for you and your hubby! Sending lots of dust your way!

Kaleigh - As a fellow Quaker, I am so excited for your daughter. Let me tell you, I graduated from Tulane early, and I was busy with my life in Philly at the time, that I didn''t want to go back to New Orleans to participate in Commencement. What did your daughter decide about TFA? I wish her luck with the Seniors Fund. I know what it''s like trying to raise money (I do it for both Tulane and the GSE @ Penn).

MC - Do you have any idea of what kind of business you''re going to pursue? I think that would be really exciting and I hope that everything works out for you!

browneyedgirl - Congrats? What are your plans?

Bella - Lots of dust for you and your hubby! Hopefully you''ll have a special delivery on the way by the end of 2010! And, in the spirit of PS, I''m gonna send you more dust so you''ll get an awesome set of earrings and a beautiful pendant!

I hope everyone has a great year!
Hey Penn,
Thanks about Ash. I don''t know about TFA, they won''t let her know for a few more weeks. In the mean time, she will be traveling to Paris to be with friends, and come back and foicus on interviews. So many haven''t been posted yet, so a tad early. But at least she''ll have a jump start on the process. Good for you on the fundraising, we have done it for years at the kids schools. So far so good for them, February is a big month with tons of activities geared towards rasing lots of $$$ Hard to ask for it when they get to campus in September, but their whole thing was makine everyone aware of the fund...

Adoption is such a wonderful thing. I am wishing you and Nate all the best going forward in this process. My nephew was adopted, he''s 5 now. My SIL and BIL tried everything, but Wes was meant to be theirs. He''s soooo awesome.

I hope the process goes well and that baby #3 will be a reality very soon.
1.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
-Getting married, EEK!!!!!!! in July
-Completing my MA in December
-Possibly buying a house early-late fall

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
celebrating 10 years of marriage to my hubby!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 10:29:16 PM
Author: mrssalvo
celebrating 10 years of marriage to my hubby!
That''s a big milestone. You have such a wonderful Family MrsS!!!!!
36.gif

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
My husband and I are taking our first trip to Europe and starting a business. I hope to do some minor remodeling too, but I am not sure that is going to happen in 2010.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh - As a fellow Quaker, I am so excited for your daughter. Let me tell you, I graduated from Tulane early, and I was busy with my life in Philly at the time, that I didn''t want to go back to New Orleans to participate in Commencement. What did your daughter decide about TFA? I wish her luck with the Seniors Fund. I know what it''s like trying to raise money (I do it for both Tulane and the GSE @ Penn).

MC - Do you have any idea of what kind of business you''re going to pursue? I think that would be really exciting and I hope that everything works out for you!

Bella - Lots of dust for you and your hubby! Hopefully you''ll have a special delivery on the way by the end of 2010! And, in the spirit of PS, I''m gonna send you more dust so you''ll get an awesome set of earrings and a beautiful pendant!

Thanks! Umm...hopefully pass the bar
3.gif
And I''d like to spend the next year doing a Fulbright. I won''t know if I get it until March, so if you guys have extra dust, please send it my way!
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Penn - I''m not sure. I''m a SAHM and my husband works long hours and we''re wanting the kids to be the focus, so opening a "real" business with a store isn''t an option right now. Too long of hours, plus all the overhead expenses, etc.

I''ve thought of doing misc stuff like pet sitting and errand running and having a business liscense allows me to do those as I please. Nothing that commits to long hours or requires a large investment. Some day, I would love to open a gardening store. . .once the economy improves and I have the capital. Dh wants to run it with me. . .we just don''t want to take out loans so gotta save up.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
- I''m graduating college in May and *hopefully* will be starting grad school in the summer or fall. I find out if I got into any of the schools I applied to in late April... so *fingers crossed*!

- Our lease is up at the end of December so DH and I will have to decide whether or not to move towards the end of the year.

- My father invited us on a trip with him to Israel this summer, so we''re hoping to go with him (which is exciting because DH has never been there).

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
This is a really beautiful thread! I''ve enjoyed reading it so thanks!

We''re hoping for a baby in 2010!

Skippy - Alaska??? WOW! I''ve always wanted to go!!!!

Dust and love to all the ladies expecting babies in 2010!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
-Completely credit card debt free

-I have a plan to lose 65lbs this year. I usually make really unrealistic weight loss goals (like 50lbs in 3 months
20.gif
) but this year I''m taking my time and doing it right!

-Work on my relationship with FI so we can decide whether we get married this year or move on. Not the sunniest goal but an important one.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
DH and I want to buy a new car.

I''m hoping to get back on my chemo infusions. Yes, this is a GOOD thing!

We want to landscape our yard and replace the plants/tree we lost to Hurricane Ike.

Save more money and stop buying on impulse.
9.gif

Lori

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''ll be running a half marathon, and hopefully a full marathon
32.gif

I''m hoping maybe to be engaged

hoping to buy a house (we''ll see)

Seeing Cirque du Soleil for the first time!

Hopefully going to take a nice long vaca at the beach.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I''m graduating with a second masters degree and my daughter will be a high school Sr. in the fall. It''s kind of a big deal since I was (shoot and still am at 34) a young mama!

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
2010 will definitely bring:

-A couple of short trips to Europe to meet the BF''s family for the first time

Hopefully 2010 will bring:

-A transfer to a different Grad school
-A move to where said Grad school is

and of course, hopefully 2010 will bring:

-A proposal!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results