shape
carat
color
clarity

The 2010 BIG PLANS Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
So, what are you BIG PLANS for the New Year??

Are you:

getting married?
having a baby?
graduating college/university?
moving?
making a career change?
sending a baby off to school/college?
buying a home?
renovating a kitchen?

Please share your plans!! And, dust to all of you for the New Year!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2010 1:49:32 PM
Author:somethingshiny
So, what are you BIG PLANS for the New Year??

Are you:

getting married?
having a baby?
graduating college/university?
moving?
making a career change?
sending a baby off to school/college?
buying a home?
renovating a kitchen?

Please share your plans!! And, dust to all of you for the New Year!!
none of thee above.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 4:45:29 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
none of thee above.
Same. Don''t have any plans. I''m getting a business license however haven''t figured out a business yet. Any ideas?
2.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
There is the posibility of a new child. We''ve been working on the requirements to adopt for almost a year now.

There is always the chance of us moving, Nate brings it up all the time and I shoot it down once her mentions the place.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 5:06:29 PM
Author: pennquaker09
There is the posibility of a new child. We''ve been working on the requirements to adopt for almost a year now.

There is always the chance of us moving, Nate brings it up all the time and I shoot it down once her mentions the place.
Penn - Hope all works out for you and Nate and the New Year brings you a beautiful new child to add to your family.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Having a baby in 3 weeks or sooner! And sending my other little boy off to Kindergarten this Fall. Looking into Master''s Programs, but probably won''t start anything until the youngest is about 2.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2010 5:01:39 PM
Author: MC

Date: 1/2/2010 4:45:29 PM
none of thee above.
Same. Don''t have any plans. I''m getting a business license however haven''t figured out a business yet. Any ideas?
2.gif
yea,open a tropical fish store.
2.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully we''ll finally make big life decisions (where to settle down and whether to have a family). Those two things have consumed us for a while now, and we need to figure it out eventually.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
MC~ DF has a point (I can''t believe I''m saying that...) You do love your fish, maybe you can start some sort of a business to make money on what you love.

Penn~ Good luck on a new baby. How old are the twins now?? As I recall, you''re the main caregiver, so more luck to you for another little one!!!!

Steph~ I forget that your little boy is that much older than JT. He''ll be in preschool this fall and kinder next year. Wow, your pregnancy has gone so quickly!!! Lots of dust for your labor and delivery and of course a perfect baby!!!

Zoe~ You''re so lucky that you get to choose where to settle down! I hope you and your DH can agree and be happy with your big decisions!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting married in September!!

Finding my dream job - locally.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I graduate from law school this year!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
I graduate with my Bachelor this year. so glad to be done for a while! Almost there...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/2/2010 10:04:08 PM
Author: somethingshiny
MC~ DF has a point (I can''t believe I''m saying that...) You do love your fish, maybe you can start some sort of a business to make money on what you love.
don''t i always??
16.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Biggest thing we have is DD graduating early. She'll march with her class in May. In the mean time, she is Co Chair of the Senior gift Fund for Penn, so has a ton of work ahead of her. Almost a full time job.

We will be doing a few meetings to finish up our time as Presidents of Penn's Parents council. It's been such a great way to meet people and to serve . We've met some really nice people.

My biggest thing?? It's just having time with my freinds. All of us are dealing with aging parents, our kids all went to school together. Now that the kids are gone, we have more time to hang out, and do what ever... We all get along so well, so it's always easy breezy and tons of fun. They are great girls!!!!

Hubby has us signed up for Bridge Lessons, with friends of our's. I am hoping that will be fun but feel too young to be playing bridge.....

Nanny had her peeps over once a week for Bridge, Martinis a flowing, and cigarettes a blazing... Wonder how they ever kept track???
31.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 11:12:03 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Biggest thing we have is DD graduating early. She''ll march with her class in May. In the mean time, she is Co Chair of the Senior gift Fund for Penn, so has a ton of work ahead of her. Almost a full time job.
My biggest thing?? It''s just having time with my freinds. All of us are dealing with aging parents, our kids all went to school together. Now that the kids are gone, we have more time to hang out, and do what ever... We all get along so well, so
Kaleigh - congrats to your daughter! Glad you''re having a blast with your friends, too.
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think (hope) that in 2010, we WON''T have any major changes or things happening. We are hoping to take some kind of a big trip (hopefully Europe) in the late Summer or Fall, but other than that, hopefully nothing else big. We had all our big stuff in 2009 - finished grad school, moved halfway across the country, etc...so a quiet 2010 sounds really good
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 5:20:22 PM

Date: 1/2/2010 5:01:39 PM
Author: MC

2.gif
yea,open a tropical fish store.
2.gif
Yeah, hehehe I''ve been thinking about what I can do with all my fish. However, we got a female preg. guppy and she had her babies and all have disappeared from the tank (and I didn''t syphon them out). . .it''s a mystery. So much for our inventory.
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 11:12:03 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Biggest thing we have is DD graduating early. She''ll march with her class in May. In the mean time, she is Co Chair of the Senior gift Fund for Penn, so has a ton of work ahead of her. Almost a full time job.

We will be doing a few meetings to finish up our time as Presidents of Penn''s Parents council. It''s been such a great way to meet people and to serve . We''ve met some really nice people.

My biggest thing?? It''s just having time with my freinds. All of us are dealing with aging parents, our kids all went to school together. Now that the kids are gone, we have more time to hang out, and do what ever... We all get along so well, so it''s always easy breezy and tons of fun. They are great girls!!!!

Hubby has us signed up for Bridge Lessons, with friends of our''s. I am hoping that will be fun but feel too young to be playing bridge.....

Nanny had her peeps over once a week for Bridge, Martinis a flowing, and cigarettes a blazing... Wonder how they ever kept track???
31.gif

Kaleigh - congratulations on your DD''s upcoming early graduation from Penn, that is wonderful, you must be so proud!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
FUN!

We're TTC, so hopefully we'll have a baby (or be close to having it) by the end of the year

I'm in the process of buying my first pair of diamond earrings and maybe a pendant (actually the first piece of "Real" jewelry I've every bought myself
9.gif
) ***plus if we have a baby this year I'll try to angle for a "push present":Up_to_something:]

We're going to California twice this year, once for a wedding and then for a two week family trip all around CA, Arizona, and Nevada (DH and I have never been out west so we're excited)

Penn, That is so exciting! Hope everything works out soon and 2010 brings a new child into your family.
36.gif

Steph, Hope that you have a wonderful, calm, and safe labor!

Kaleigh, Congrats to your daughter![

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/2/2010 11:51:07 PM
Author: Bella_mezzo
FUN!

We''re TTC, so hopefully we''ll have a baby (or be close to having it) by the end of the year

I''m in the process of buying my first pair of diamond earrings and maybe a pendant
Best of luck, Bella! Enjoy your earrings and possible pendant. Sounds like you''ve got a great year planned out.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will hopefully find a new job this year. Also, we''re hoping to buy a house!

*fingers crossed*

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hopefully I''ll get into the MPH program I applied for and start in the fall. (Fingers crossed!) I might take a class or two this spring, too.

My husband and I are going to Sweden in late spring/early summer to visit my brother, SIL, niece and nephews. We''re probably going to go to Austin, TX earlier than that, too. I''ve never been and I''m already dreaming of the shopping I''m going to do and the food we''re going to eat!

I''m going to keep working on my new house-the next project is building radiator covers! (We have ugly ones and I don''t want to paint them!) Then I''ll probably repaint the trim upstairs...I''m putting that one off as long as possible because I hate painting trim. And we might get crazy and get central air installed...we''re still debating that one.

2009 was a big year for me...hopefully 2010 will be as good to me as 2009 was!

mtjoya

Brilliant_Rock
The big plans for 2010 is that my husband and I are expecting our first child in Feb. I want to be more tidy and organized!
3.gif
I feel like I am so messy and get too lazy to clean up, yes, shame on me! But I am trying to be better! Oh, yea, I will try not to hoard stuff anymore!
15.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
MC, Bella, and somethingshiny - Thank you all! I guess I should clarify that we're waiting on the approval to adopt. It would be much easier for us to do surrogacy again, but I REALLY want to adopt. I feel like it would be a blessing for us, but more important, it would give a child a great home (or at least, I think we have a great home).

Steph - I'm so excited for you and your hubby! Sending lots of dust your way!

Kaleigh - As a fellow Quaker, I am so excited for your daughter. Let me tell you, I graduated from Tulane early, and I was busy with my life in Philly at the time, that I didn't want to go back to New Orleans to participate in Commencement. What did your daughter decide about TFA? I wish her luck with the Seniors Fund. I know what it's like trying to raise money (I do it for both Tulane and the GSE @ Penn).

MC - Do you have any idea of what kind of business you're going to pursue? I think that would be really exciting and I hope that everything works out for you!

browneyedgirl - Congrats? What are your plans?

Bella - Lots of dust for you and your hubby! Hopefully you'll have a special delivery on the way by the end of 2010! And, in the spirit of PS, I'm gonna send you more dust so you'll get an awesome set of earrings and a beautiful pendant!

I hope everyone has a great year!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
I just wish to stay sane with 2 construction sites going on this year!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I''m turning 30, in 5 days!! (eeek)!!!
32.gif

And getting married in just over 2 months.
36.gif

I think thats enough growing up for one year!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think 2010 is going to be a big year for me, but I hope it less stressful than 2009.

- I have a large career decision to make in the coming weeks
- If I continue on my savings schedule, I should reach an important milestone at the end of the year
- I hope to get my website up and running
- Do a course at Penland School of Crafts
- Place pieces for sale at 2 different galleries (tough one!)

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/3/2010 5:48:38 AM
Author: hawaiianorangetree
I''m turning 30, in 5 days!! (eeek)!!!
32.gif

And getting married in just over 2 months.
36.gif

I think thats enough growing up for one year!!
Congratulations on both events!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve no big plans-
another year of college to complete
want to save money
we are planning holidays to New York, Cuba, France and our Irish holiday with Amber.
I want to lose more weight and keep up my gym classes.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks SS! Congratulations to you, by the way! I''m really happy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results