shape
carat
color
clarity

thanks to you all i have my dream e-ring!!!

melave

Shiny_Rock
Hi all

I have been lurking for a little while. Whilst i haven't posted much, i have read a lot!!! I just thought since you guys had helped my (now) fiancee and i choose our diamonds and setting i should just say thanks. So thanks!!!!! :) I am very grateful to this forum and all the wonderful advice.

My OH and i flew to the big city to buy a ring. I had a couple of designs that i thought was what i want. Until i saw my dream e-ring. My OH and i both loved it so that was an easy decision. We picked the diamond and all was good.

Then the waiting game started. OMG!!! 3 weeks felt like months!! Then the doubt. Will i still love it?

It came. I had to wait. Less than a day but still.......... Then i go out for a couple of hours and come home to something tied to my dog... Yup it is my ring :) :)

It isn't huge, but perfect for me :)

Ok so now for the stats
Centre stone is 0.5ct, F, VVS2,
Side stones are 10 baguette cut, 0.66tcw, D-F, VVS
I put it into the HCA and it came back as 0.8. Now is this normal when the cut is only very good on the GIA? i'm thinking i entered something wrong.

Sorry for the new thread but i didn't know whether to put it in the yellow gold thread, the under 1ct or the bezel thread.

Thanks for looking and you can critique away. I will still love it :). Oh and excuse the ugly hands. Even the best diamond wouldn't make them look any less wrinkly :)

ering.jpg

ering2.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and congrats on the engagement :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful and deserves to be in all three threads!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations! i love baguettes side stones and bezels - they all come together perfectly in your ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Its very pretty and looks like it would be an easy ring to wear. I think I even see some arrows in it!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! What a beautiful and unique ring! This setting is sooo cool :appl: Congratulations and wear it in good health :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty, looks beautiful on you!!! Congrats!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous and I'd love to se more pictures. What kind of wedding band do you have in mind?

CushionCutie

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS!! I demand more pics!! :love: And from what i can see you have lovely hands!! So please show them off :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Isn't it such an exciting time??!! I'm very happy for you and INSIST on more pics of your beautiful ring. :love:

I'm curious as to what you have in mind for a wedding band too. :lol: time to start looking for more bling! No worries it never gets old! :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a unique ring! I don't think I've ever seen anything with baguettes like that - I love the way it looks on your hand!

Congrats :appl:

melave

Shiny_Rock
oh wow thankyou for all the replies!!!!!! And all the lovely comments :)

Wow Amy, you are quick! I saw my ring in the other threads. Thankyou for doing that :)

Tyty - I was wondering if they were arrows. Its not an H&A cut or anything. I am in Australia and we got it local (We get very good discount on diamonds)

We haven't even thought about the wedding or anything yet. I have seen a couple of bands i liked.

One was in Perth and it was a square band with small square cut stones in it, Only about three. I know not a good description :) but i have looked online and i haven't seen one like it
Sort of similar to this

or the other one i was thinking is this one but in yellow gold

Its a bit dark here at the moment so i will try to take some more pictures when the sun comes up. I don't know how you guys take such stunning pictures of your jewellery!!! It took me about 30 dud shots to get those 2 good ones :)

band.jpeg

WB7BG.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and unique ring!! Enjoy it and CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring! it is definitely possible that a GIA VG scores <2 on HCA. the most important thing though is that you love it :)

also feel free to post your own thread AND post it in the <1 carat thread, yellow gold thread, bezel thread...basically as many as possible is fine :)

melave

Shiny_Rock
So i took some more pics. I am loving this ring even more with every picture :)

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

melave

Shiny_Rock
a couple more

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

melave

Shiny_Rock
and my favourite picture so far

or maybe this one

IMAG0149.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous. Congratulations.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I really like this ring, love how low profile it is.

melave

Shiny_Rock
hi all

Sorry for the delay in replying. Work getting in the way again

Thanks again for all the nice comments. I have it a week now and am still loving my little ring.

I have now decided that i am stone obsessed thanks to PS!!! I spend way too much time on here admiring everyones beautiful gems and jewellery.

And i think i am now a clean freak with my jewellery!!! I am looking at buying an ultrasonic cleaner. i don't like even one little smudge on my ring!!

PS has created a monster!!! :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
melave|1309551889|2960158 said:
hi all

Sorry for the delay in replying. Work getting in the way again

Thanks again for all the nice comments. I have it a week now and am still loving my little ring.

I have now decided that i am stone obsessed thanks to PS!!! I spend way too much time on here admiring everyones beautiful gems and jewellery.

And i think i am now a clean freak with my jewellery!!! I am looking at buying an ultrasonic cleaner. i don't like even one little smudge on my ring!!

PS has created a monster!!! :)

:lol: Welcome to the club!! beautiful new pics too btw!!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely on you :love: !!!Congrats!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so unique and beautiful. I just love it and it looks right at home on your hand. What a special engagement ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome, congrats!

cheers--Sharon

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty! And I lurve your nail polish.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring, congratulations! :appl: