Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

thanks to you all i have my dream e-ring!!!

melave

Shiny_Rock
Hi all

I have been lurking for a little while. Whilst i haven't posted much, i have read a lot!!! I just thought since you guys had helped my (now) fiancee and i choose our diamonds and setting i should just say thanks. So thanks!!!!! :) I am very grateful to this forum and all the wonderful advice.

My OH and i flew to the big city to buy a ring. I had a couple of designs that i thought was what i want. Until i saw my dream e-ring. My OH and i both loved it so that was an easy decision. We picked the diamond and all was good.

Then the waiting game started. OMG!!! 3 weeks felt like months!! Then the doubt. Will i still love it?

It came. I had to wait. Less than a day but still.......... Then i go out for a couple of hours and come home to something tied to my dog... Yup it is my ring :) :)

It isn't huge, but perfect for me :)

Ok so now for the stats
Centre stone is 0.5ct, F, VVS2,
Side stones are 10 baguette cut, 0.66tcw, D-F, VVS
I put it into the HCA and it came back as 0.8. Now is this normal when the cut is only very good on the GIA? i'm thinking i entered something wrong.

Sorry for the new thread but i didn't know whether to put it in the yellow gold thread, the under 1ct or the bezel thread.

Thanks for looking and you can critique away. I will still love it :). Oh and excuse the ugly hands. Even the best diamond wouldn't make them look any less wrinkly :)

ering.jpg

ering2.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
congratulations! i love baguettes side stones and bezels - they all come together perfectly in your ring!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! Its very pretty and looks like it would be an easy ring to wear. I think I even see some arrows in it!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! What a beautiful and unique ring! This setting is sooo cool :appl: Congratulations and wear it in good health :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gorgeous and I'd love to se more pictures. What kind of wedding band do you have in mind?

CushionCutie

Rough_Rock
GORGEOUS!! I demand more pics!! :love: And from what i can see you have lovely hands!! So please show them off :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Isn't it such an exciting time??!! I'm very happy for you and INSIST on more pics of your beautiful ring. :love:

I'm curious as to what you have in mind for a wedding band too. :lol: time to start looking for more bling! No worries it never gets old! :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a unique ring! I don't think I've ever seen anything with baguettes like that - I love the way it looks on your hand!

Congrats :appl:

melave

Shiny_Rock
oh wow thankyou for all the replies!!!!!! And all the lovely comments :)

Wow Amy, you are quick! I saw my ring in the other threads. Thankyou for doing that :)

Tyty - I was wondering if they were arrows. Its not an H&A cut or anything. I am in Australia and we got it local (We get very good discount on diamonds)

We haven't even thought about the wedding or anything yet. I have seen a couple of bands i liked.

One was in Perth and it was a square band with small square cut stones in it, Only about three. I know not a good description :) but i have looked online and i haven't seen one like it
Sort of similar to this

or the other one i was thinking is this one but in yellow gold

Its a bit dark here at the moment so i will try to take some more pictures when the sun comes up. I don't know how you guys take such stunning pictures of your jewellery!!! It took me about 30 dud shots to get those 2 good ones :)

band.jpeg

WB7BG.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful and unique ring!! Enjoy it and CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring! it is definitely possible that a GIA VG scores <2 on HCA. the most important thing though is that you love it :)

also feel free to post your own thread AND post it in the <1 carat thread, yellow gold thread, bezel thread...basically as many as possible is fine :)

melave

Shiny_Rock
So i took some more pics. I am loving this ring even more with every picture :)

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0129.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous. Congratulations.

melave

Shiny_Rock
hi all

Sorry for the delay in replying. Work getting in the way again

Thanks again for all the nice comments. I have it a week now and am still loving my little ring.

I have now decided that i am stone obsessed thanks to PS!!! I spend way too much time on here admiring everyones beautiful gems and jewellery.

And i think i am now a clean freak with my jewellery!!! I am looking at buying an ultrasonic cleaner. i don't like even one little smudge on my ring!!

PS has created a monster!!! :)

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
melave|1309551889|2960158 said:
hi all

Sorry for the delay in replying. Work getting in the way again

Thanks again for all the nice comments. I have it a week now and am still loving my little ring.

I have now decided that i am stone obsessed thanks to PS!!! I spend way too much time on here admiring everyones beautiful gems and jewellery.

And i think i am now a clean freak with my jewellery!!! I am looking at buying an ultrasonic cleaner. i don't like even one little smudge on my ring!!

PS has created a monster!!! :)

:lol: Welcome to the club!! beautiful new pics too btw!!

ZestfullyBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely on you :love: !!!Congrats!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is so unique and beautiful. I just love it and it looks right at home on your hand. What a special engagement ring!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome, congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding
    Archduchess Eleonore von Habsburg and Jérôme d’Ambrosio Royal Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.