shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks to Quest Jewelers for my reset!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I just received my reset ering from Quest Jewelers today, and I could not be happier. When my husband and I got married right after college he gave me a half carat diamond in a 18K gold setting that was not my style, but it was all he could afford on a college student salary. For our 12th anniversary, he offered me the ring of my dreams, and I chose to take the same diamond and reset it in 18K because I wanted it to match my YG wedding band. (My preference is for platinum.) I chose the Champagne setting at WhiteFlash with a head from another on of their settings for a semicustom job. When I saw the pictures for the new ring, I knew something was wrong, but I thought I would get used to it. A few months later, I contacted them to alter the head. They said they could not alter the head, but could remake the ring and compensate me for the scrap value of the metal (very little value), which would have meant that I would end up paying for 2 rings.

I found out about Quest Jewelers here, and talked to Huan who assured me that they could make the changes I wanted and improve the look of the ring by making a custom head. Pete was there when I picked up the ring today. I feel so fortunate to have such great jewelers who are willing to apply their craft and give great customer service. I've attached some pictures I took today.

DSCN1902_crop.jpg

DSCN1903crop.jpg

DSCN1909crop.jpg

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! Makes me want a glass of champagne. :)) Wear it in good health!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
well that is just beautiful!!!! lovely reset!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
This is one of my favourite settings! :love:
Please, can you post more hand shots?
Thanks.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE that setting!!!! :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone. I had a very hard time finding a YG setting I liked. For YG, I also like bezels like Coatimundi's bezel-set ring ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-the-yellow-gold-bling.162375/page-12#post-2964939#p2964939']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-the-yellow-gold-bling.162375/page-12#post-2964939#p2964939[/URL]), and Amys Bling's bezel pear ([URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-shaped-diamond-with-a-gold-band.161393/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pear-shaped-diamond-with-a-gold-band.161393/[/URL]). AusGrl's Bridget Durnell ring (https://www.pricescope.com/blog/jewel-week-bridget-durnell-engagement-ring) is also really beautiful, but I wasn't aware of Durnell until after I finished this reset.

The funny thing is that I am more of a platinum, 3-stone girl, but my husband couldn't afford platinum back when we got married, and I didn't want the maintenance of rhodium plating a WG setting for a ring I wear every day. I am working on a RHR for our 15th anniversary that will be in platinum.

I looked at my other photos, but that's the best hand shot by far. I don't have a very good camera.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful! Congratulations!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, just beautiful!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it! I've always disliked the bulky head of that setting-- I love Quests version though! Wear it in the best of health!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. I love white diamonds in warm yellow gold. Congrats, and enjoy!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thank you again for your sweet comments.

Gypsy, I also felt the same way, and I absolutely love the head that Quest made for it. The transition is so smooth, and the craftmanship is beautiful. I feel like the center diamond is the top bubble in a glass of champagne that has come to the surface.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!! I love that setting! Handshots!!!!!!!! Lol. Wear it in good health :)

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is one of my favorite settings in yellow gold and it looks so much more elegant with the changes made by Quest. You really have a gorgeous ring there!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Amy's Bling and Sundial. It was a very frustrating process to get to this point, and I cannot thank Quest enough. I know it's not the most expensive ring, but it's very important to me and my husband.

I just sent an email to WhiteFlash telling them how disappointed I am with their refusal to help me with the ring after I purchased it from them, and how I had to go to another vendor to make the fix WF said was not possible. I waited to email them because 1) I wanted to just focus on enjoying my ring and 2)I wanted to get over my initial anger with them. I know many on PS have had good expereinces with WF, and that every company will have unhappy customers. I am one of them, and I cannot work with WhiteFlash again. Time to move on to better things...I'll try to get more handshots!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I L :love: ve your scattered diamond band e-ring!!! Very Pretty! Congrats on your anniversary!! :appl:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful - very blingy!

butterflyblue

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This was a long time ago, but I wanted to update this so others could learn from my experience. Just for reference, here was my original setting from WF. I had asked them to take the Petite Champagne setting in yellow gold, but with a platinum Legato head. As you can see, the head does not resemble the Legato head, and was in no way delicate like the Legato. It also was not symmetrical. You can see from the picture that the curvature on the right side is rounder than the left. In real life, it was very noticable to me on my finger. It made me sad.

I've learned that I'll only do future custom orders with detailed sketches, wax models, or CADs. I'll also return things immediately if I have any doubts instead of thinking something may grow on me.

wf_042110c.jpg

wf_petitechampagne.jpg

wf_legato.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love your ring, Quest did a great job!!

So weird about the WF "Legato" head! I don't know why they did that.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful but then again, I'm a sucker for champagne :lol: So the head and prongs are in platinum and the rest is in 18K yellow?

The fact that you have the "bubbles" along the shank makes it more cohesive, elegant and well, festive! I also love that you are honoring your original stone.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Laila and Minous. I sent WF this thread back in 2011, and they reimbursed me the cost of the new head.

This stone is probably going to go in for a final reset with a halo. I had DSS with this, and did not recognize the symptoms until I put it in a setting I liked and still didn't like the stone. I will keep this setting for a bigger colored stone because Quest is willing to alter it further for me.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi preg, I love the reset Quest did for you- your ring is beautiful!
I know this is an older thread but since I missed it the first time I just wanted to say I am so happy for you that you finally got the ring you love! Wear in health and happiness always!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Missy! I am going to reset my diamond in a halo to combat DSS, and I need to think about what to do with this setting. Either a 6.5 mm OEC, or a turquoise? I like turquoise with yellow gold, and Quest will enlarge the head and rework the shank to fit a larger stone for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results