shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanks for your help with the peridot setting!

Muhammad_Ali

Rough_Rock
For those of you who haven't seen my previous post, I bought a peridot for my mom. I was deadset on getting a bezel set necklace since peridot is a softer stone and the stone is included. Then it occurred to me that my mom wears a headscarf and the necklace would be covered!

I ended up buying six-prong sterling silver semi-mount online. It was supposed to be a surprise, but my mom found it when she was staying over at my apartment.

She is ADAMANT that nobody touch her jewelry except her favorite jeweler in Pakistan. She's headed over there now on her way to Hajj (a Muslin pilgrimage). Anyway, just wanted to thank everyone for their help! I've never set a stone before, this was kind of exciting!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope my kids grow up to treat me like you treat your Mum, inshallah!

Muhammad_Ali

Rough_Rock
Hope my kids grow up to treat me like you treat your Mum, inshallah!
They will! I just wish I could do more, a nice gold ring with a big IF stone, but alas, student loans come first!

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a sweet gesture! Congratulations! It must be priceless to see your mom excited about your gift. :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The nice thing about that setting is that she can easily stack it with other rings, like a diamond band, if she wants more bling. I regularly stack some of my rings, some which are silver, with a large platinum diamond band. No one ever said you're not allowed to mix metals on the same finger. It will also be very secure with all those prongs. Well done!

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is so sweet! Love the ring too, gorgeous peridot. Where did you get the semi mount from?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results