shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Thank you Mark T & ERD!

My wonderful wonderful fiancé proposed this weekend with the most perfect ring for me imaginable!

Shape: Old Mine Brilliant
Carat: 2.13
Measurement: 7.81x7.27x4.97
Color: H (very close to G)
Clarity: SI1
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: slightly large

We worked with Mark T at ERD and couldn’t be happier with the result. My fiancé and I met with him together in December where he spent close to 3 hours educating us and answering our (totally inane) questions. Mark is an incredibly nice, personable guy, and even kept his cool when I dropped one of the stones on the floor and nearly lost it!! After that initial meeting, Mark continued to look for a stone for us, and send possibilities. In February, he finally found a stone that met all our criteria, shipped it to us, and upon opening the package we both loved it.

From then on, my fiancé took over designing the setting with Mark. We knew we wanted something classic, simple, and antique-y to complement the stone. I had seen settings by Leon Mege, Harry Kotlar, and Vache that I had liked, and he really incorporated all my favorite parts of those. The setting my fiancé chose was based on ERD’s “Brooklyn,” with some modifications, including split-double prongs, a “cushion shaped” donut, 2mm band, and probably other things I don’t know about. Reading Pricescope, it seems like ERD gets lots of (well deserved!) publicity for their beautiful stones, but I see less about their settings. Hoping mine can serve as an example for those who are considering using ERD for a setting as well! I’m in love with the result!

Lastly, thank you Pricescope for the invaluable information this website provides. Without it, I never would have this particular ring on my finger. I’ve only posted once or twice, but wanted to post my experience, as I’ve certainly benefitted from the wealth of information (and amazing bling) on this site!

1.05987459347853490.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Awesome! I adore your stone, and the setting is perfect. Mark is wonderful to work with. Congratulations!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring!!! :love: :love: :love: The setting is close to the one LM makes, so it is good to see that option for those who source their stone from Mark! Congratulations! :appl:

MyDiamondSparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! I have mad passionate love for cushions! Yours is so fabulous and sparkly! :love: Love the setting too!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I so want an old cut! Congratulations!!!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Glad you had a good experience with Mark. I am working with him on a custom right now and should receive it in a few days and I can't wait! This makes me even more excited!! Congrats!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVELY! :appl:

Thanks for all the nice comments! Sorry the pictures came out so small, I'll try again. They really just don't do this ring justice-- it's so delicate and so sparkly!!!
IMG_6141.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh, it's beautiful!!! congratulations :)

Janae335i

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful! I am just waiting to have my ring made and it is very similar to yours. I am curious what a 'cushion shaped' donut looks like??
Do you have any pictures of it?

Thank you and congradulations it's so beautiful! :lickout:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! Congratulations!

@Janae. I'll try to take a picture when I get home tonight. It's just not round-- it sort of follows the shape of the stone.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It s perfection! Congrats on your engagement!

Hospatogi

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats ! Your ring is gorgeous ! :love: :love: :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AMAZING ring!! :love: Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! I really love your stone, and those double claw prongs are just RAWR.
Beautiful setting for a beautiful cushion!

You really take great photos, too.

Best wishes to you!

BHMom

Rough_Rock
Your diamond is gorgeous. Congratulations! I love the claw prongs on it too. :appl:

kristi2011

Rough_Rock
Love your stone! I'm glad you guys found the one. I''ve been eyeing everyone's OM cushions here and wants to get one soon. Wear it in good health.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
it's just simply beautiful. congratulation!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that is just stunning!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results