shape
carat
color
clarity

THANK YOU @Crystal_Dreams!!!! All my WSS wishes come true with Paspaley, WF, and Pearl Paradise ❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I am so glad I got to share this Pearl journey with you :kiss2:!! I was worried my that my eyes wouldn’t be as discerning as yours, but it all ended well!!

Those 3 pearls were meant for you. The timing could not have been more perfect!! The Lavalier suits you beautifully too!!

The ONLY thing I’m not sure about, is whether you’re reeeallly done with pearls :lol-2:. You know… with the Wall St showroom coming up and all that… (he did say that they could call in certain items or pearls from Australia so they could be viewed in person). I asked! Sooo… Just saying:mrgreen2:.
I wouldn't be able to call these beauties "mine" without you!! Thank you SO much for ALL of your help :love:
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

I went to Graff in San Francisco once, and tried on a WSS necklace. A real Wilma Flinstome piece. Those pearls were flawless but they didn’t do anything for me… This was back before I knew anything about pearls. I remember that… and I honestly think that if I’d seen these three pearls back then rather than that necklace I’d have jumped down the Pearls rabbit hole right then and there :bigsmile:

I may not be done with pearls but my wallet and my husband are done with pearls which does leave me in a bit of a bind :lol: I can’t WAIT to see this new showroom though!!! I really want to see some Dive pieces, and I want to try that opal Lavalier net on, and, and, and… :bigsmile:

Thank you. So much. For real.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PreRaphaelite That’s an enchanting description. Organic miracles. Thank you. They really really are :love:

- - - - - - - - - -

@MrsBlue Thank you!! I remember you posting about them just a few weeks ago :bigsmile:

So, um, I laughed out loud at the scaly tail bit. My other half turns part alligator every winter… He has such an aversion to hand lotion and his skin so desperately needs it :rolleyes: So that’s an unexpectedly not-entirely-unrealistc observation :lol:

The Pearl Paradise studs… Right? So there’s a story there.
The first pair of WSS studs I bought were from Andrew - they were nice but they didn’t blow me away or anything. I figured I was just an akoya girl. But I’d heard (read?) that WSS colour could vary quite a bit, so I decided to grab another pair from Pearl Paradise to see if maybe a different colour might change my opinion… That was this Pearl Paradise pair. Cue hurricane strength wind. Or whatever the right metaphor is. Suddenly I totally "got" WSS!!
What I didn’t realize at the time - actually until much much later - is just *how* special that Pearl Paradise pair is!!!! Ignorant and unwitting me hit jackpot with those. I've since bought and returned five more WSS pairs from Pearl Paradise, because nothing compared… I was disappointed when nothing at Mikimoto compared…
This Paspaley trio are the only WSS I’ve found that beat that Pearl Paradise pair!! I agree that they're about equal in luster but the colourplay in the Paspaley pair is just... Magical :love:

The keshi strand is such a great stacker!! I wear that one a lot with other non-pearl bangles and bracelets :bigsmile:

Oh my goodness you'd better believe my mind has toured hairpins. Hair clips. Purse clips (okay, I actually caved to that spot of frivolity). Rings. More rings. Bookmarks? Yup, there's a market for pearl bookmarks... :lol: My problem is that unset gemstones are unused gemstones, and unused gemstones eat my sanity - I need to set or sell my unused gemstones. Well. Once the wallet recovers a bit :twisted2:

- - - - - - - - - -

@bright ice Thank you ::)

- - - - - - - - - -

@adlgel Have you seen the new Dive collection? I really like it. It’s not as foofy as I normally go for, so I’m surprising myself a bit here! A bit gritty, a bit too literal, a lot esoteric - there are some pieces I’m really loving. Like this ring…
https://www.paspaley.com/jewellery/pearl-rings/dive-chain-ring-men's 1637980907070.png

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @ckrice!! :bigsmile: :love:

- - - - - - - - - -

@donnabrsd Thank you!! ❤️And yes!! You’re in the right place - welcome!!! :halo:

So I’ll be honest, the the net wrapping definitely takes attention away from the pearl inside. My pearl happens to be one that I’d have been happy setting some other way, but if I was, y'know, buying “a Lavalier piece”… Well. I mean I personally do have a mind-clean problem when it comes to pearls, but for anyone without that particular affliction - the extra expense for a super nice pearl is kinda wasted in this mount.
In my probably very blasphemous opinion :lol: Paspaley does save a lot of their nicer stock for Lavalier pieces exclusively, I think because they are so iconic and brand-recognizable!

- - - - - - - - - -

@canuk-gal The Lavalier earrings would have to be a smaller size I think!! Between the pearls and the metal net - it’s not the lightest design.
Nothing BlingDots won’t take care of of course… I feel like I should be earning kickbacks for advertising those things, the way I idolize them :lol:

I’m just SO dang glad I blew the budget and bought all three, SO worth it :appl: :love: :bigsmile: :love:

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
O.M.G. !! Stunning. I'm just blown away at the beauty of these gorgeous spheres of nature. I've never seen the "net". But you can bet I'll look more for one - a lot more. I just love the whole concept of it.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Question about the Lavalier net necklace - how would one know what size pearl for which mounting? Does Paspaley only sell the nets with their pearl? I now remember looking at this some time ago and just being so intrigued by it. And like all rabbit holes, I eventually found my way out.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
O.M.G. !! Stunning. I'm just blown away at the beauty of these gorgeous spheres of nature. I've never seen the "net". But you can bet I'll look more for one - a lot more. I just love the whole concept of it.
Thank you!! ::) ❤️

Question about the Lavalier net necklace - how would one know what size pearl for which mounting? Does Paspaley only sell the nets with their pearl? I now remember looking at this some time ago and just being so intrigued by it. And like all rabbit holes, I eventually found my way out.
Apparently Paspaley usually doesn't sell loose pearls at all! The Harvest board is unusual in that regard (they were willing to sell these pearls loose).

The website lists the Petite net for 13mm pearls and the regular net for 15mm pearls - based on the way my 14.4mm fits in the Petite I think 15mm is probably actually a minimum for the regular net. From Crystal_Dreams' showroom visits (@Crystal_Dreams please correct me if I'm misspeaking here!) it sounds like they set the nicest of "regular stock" aside specifically for their Lavalier pieces... They won't let you buy those pearls for any other design, they're to be left undrilled and sold only with nets. But custom searches and Harvest pearls - which are generally more unique specimens than stock - are excluded from those sorts of specific settings requirements.

Best way to find out about sizing specifics would definitely be to ask them directly! I don't want to share any contact details publicly but feel free to find me off PS if you'd like to chat more! ::)

Last edited:

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They won’t sell a lavalier to you without you having purchased a loose pearl from them specifically. So you can either purchase one from them where the pearl has been chosen already (e.g on the website, you’ll see some of the nets are priced with pearls), OR you can choose your own loose pearl and pair it with a net (priced separately of course).
They keep some pearls specially for the lavalier collection which they will sell to you… but not for drilling!

Re: sizing, up to 14mm pearls fit into petite nets. The remaining sizes are… a little variable it seems. Their website suggests 15mm for regular nets. I have seen a 16mm in the regular sized net which also looked lovely… the website also has 15mm pearls in the ‘hero’ nets though. I tried on a hero net recently that had a 17mm pearl in it which fit beautifully, but I believe there may be a bit of variation between sizes of hero nets (this is an assumption as I hadn’t paid much attention to the hero nets till recently given their price range!)

Last edited:

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie If you have time and would be willing to show it, I’d love to see a video of how you put the Pearl in the net and take it out.

Oh yes - I would love to see that.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!! ::) ❤️

Apparently Paspaley usually doesn't sell loose pearls at all! The Harvest board is unusual in that regard (they were willing to sell these pearls loose).

The website lists the Petite net for 13mm pearls and the regular net for 15mm pearls - based on the way my 14.4mm fits in the Petite I think 15mm is probably actually a minimum for the regular net. From Crystal_Dreams' showroom visits (@Crystal_Dreams please correct me if I'm misspeaking here!) it sounds like they set the nicest of "regular stock" aside specifically for their Lavalier pieces... They won't let you buy those pearls for any other design, they're to be left undrilled and sold only with nets. But custom searches and Harvest pearls - which are generally more unique specimens than stock - are excluded from those sorts of specific settings requirements.

Best way to find out about sizing specifics would definitely be to ask them directly! I don't want to share any contact details publicly but feel free to find me off PS if you'd like to chat more! ::)

Thanks for the info. I'm in awe of the net. It's the coolest setting. I definitely respect their system of saving the nicest pearls. I don't blame them! This is a bucket list item for me.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
They won’t sell a lavalier to you without you having purchased a loose pearl from them specifically. So you can either purchase one from them where the pearl has been chosen already (e.g on the website, you’ll see some of the nets are priced with pearls), OR you can choose your own loose pearl and pair it with a net (priced separately of course).
They keep some pearls specially for the lavalier collection which they will sell to you… but not for drilling!

Re: sizing, up to 14mm pearls fit into petite nets. The remaining sizes are… a little variable it seems. Their website suggests 15mm for regular nets. I have seen a 16mm in the regular sized net which also looked lovely… the website also has 15mm pearls in the ‘hero’ nets though. I tried on a hero net recently that had a 17mm pearl in it which fit beautifully, but I believe there may be a bit of variation between sizes of hero nets (this is an assumption as I hadn’t paid much attention to the hero nets till recently given their price range!)

Good to know. I think I would want a petite net and then figure out the pearl size from there. Or let them make that decision.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I know exactly the lustre and overtones you are talking about. I've spend many hours wandering around the main floor of that fabulous store.... before I head into the basement for my dive into the loose pearls to stock up . The sales reps are wonderful on the main floor, so happy to show the amazing creations with lustre that defys capture on an iPhone.

You bought my favourite pendant finding....I honestly don't know how you decided. The selections are all stunning.

Congrats on your wonderful new pearls and well done Crystal Dreams !

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@adlgel, @Ann Well… You asked… :lol:

So here’s how Paspaley inserts the pearl…

And, um, me… :lol:

There’s audio as well - I imagine it’ll get easier with some practice? :twisted2:

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
@adlgel, @Ann Well… You asked… :lol:

So here’s how Paspaley inserts the pearl…

And, um, me… :lol:

There’s audio as well - I imagine it’ll get easier with some practice? :twisted2:

Loooooove it!!!!! Wow that pearl…. Swoon!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know exactly the lustre and overtones you are talking about. I've spend many hours wandering around the main floor of that fabulous store.... before I head into the basement for my dive into the loose pearls to stock up . The sales reps are wonderful on the main floor, so happy to show the amazing creations with lustre that defys capture on an iPhone.

You bought my favourite pendant finding....I honestly don't know how you decided. The selections are all stunning.

Congrats on your wonderful new pearls and well done Crystal Dreams !

So lucky to be able to go in-person as often as you like :cool2::kiss2: I’ll go too one day… One day!! That basement dive sounds decadent - I don’t imagine I’ll ever have a chance to do anything like that but my imagination is doing a pretty good job envisioning it right now :bigsmile:

Crystal Dreams made magic for me with these pearls!!! :love: Yes. You would definitely understand… How special they are. The part that might surprise you (or might not!) is how totally impossible it is to get hold of anything like this within the US!!! We just have no local venues for top quality WSS right now. Paspaley supplies Mikimoto but they of course keep the best for their own products - and Mikimoto’s SS pricing is out of this world. Jewelmer, marvellous golds, comparatively mediocre whites. The various smaller States-based independent boutiques - costs are increasing exponentially whilst supply decreases equally dramatically… I wouldn’t have been able to buy these pearls anywhere in the US :shock:

The net looks like something a fairy would wear. I don’t have much in common with your average fairy but I’ll happily take her embellishments :lol: I’m glad I went with the plain net, I really like it! And I LOVE that it’s reusable!! I’ve got some larger vintage Pools of Light orbs that I’ll be trying next :bigsmile:

Thank you so much!! ::)

Last edited:

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Awesome video @yssie - thanks for sharing.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's adorable!

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Ohmygoodness, I audibly gasped at your first picture! I can entirely understand why you carried them around in a pouch in order to pull them out and marvel at them---I'm not sure I would have ever made it past that stage!!! :D

Congratulations on finding such magnificent treasures. Truly, truly stunning.

(As an aside, I love the way you dive into a subject & learn absolutely everything about it to the point where you can educate others.)

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
I swoon at your pearls, @yssie and the Lavalier net! In Paspaley's video, aside from the easy and graceful way she puts the pearl into the net...I look at the earrings and bracelet and think, "Wow. That's truly all decked out for a campfire on the beach..." :bigsmile::???::bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The world is your Oyster!!! And the knobby thing description made my day! Loved it.

cheers--Sharon

Last edited:

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
That net! That pearl - it's the best of the best. Bucket list for sure - I'm just so intrigued by this. Thank you for sharing all the pictures and video.

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Your Paspaley pearls are divine @yssie and the Lavalier you chose is gorgeous! Thanks for posting your video, watching you move the pearl into the Lavalier really brings the beauty & perfectness of the pearl to life.
You have a stunning collection of pearls.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@adlgel You’re sweet ::) Thank you, again!! :bigsmile:

- - - - - - - - - -

@pearlsngems Thank you!! ::)

- - - - - - - - - -

Thank you so very much @molinePDG :love: I’ve been so lucky to be able to squirrel away some of the #bestest specimens of so many types of pearls now, Tahitians, akoya, now WSS…
I know my Tahitians were very much the product of magic at the right time too!!!

I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this but I keep jewellery wishlists… And my 2018 wishlist included “White round pearl bracelet”.
That’s it. No qualifiers. No details. Oh how far we’ve come :lol:

- - - - - - - - - -

@Cinders I carried them around loose for so long, I didn’t want to send them away for mounting :lol: I have a ton of “waiting in the car” photos of these guys - found these on my phone just now :bigsmile:
The small pair is Pearl Paradise (11.9mm), the medium pair is Paspaley, the largest pair is also Pearl Paradise (13.4mm), and then there's the behemoth singleton. The large Pearl Paradise pair is pretty representative of what I see these days when I ask for "the nicest that's available" - very nice, objectively, but the other five are just... Y'know. In a different league.

CAR_1.png

CAR_3.png

And with my gemmy/Hanadama 9.7mm akoya from Andrew Moline (the babies at the top) ::)

C5043F4D-55CB-4990-9434-030BADFEAF4A.jpg

And thank you so much!! That's super sweet of you!! I'm far from an expert but I can say that I genuinely love pearls ❤️ I'm a June baby so I always felt like I should love pearls. Now I actually, y'know, do love pearls. Everything is how it should be. Whatever my husband is saying right now reading over my shoulder. :halo: :bigsmile:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swoon at your pearls, @yssie and the Lavalier net! In Paspaley's video, aside from the easy and graceful way she puts the pearl into the net...I look at the earrings and bracelet and think, "Wow. That's truly all decked out for a campfire on the beach..." :bigsmile::???::bigsmile:
Thank you!! :love:

And - right!? Who's at the beach looking like THAT? I'm already outclassed, just at the thought of it!! :bigsmile:

HI:

The world is your Oyster!!! And the knobby thing description made my day! Loved it.

cheers--Sharon
Thank you love ::)

And that was take two, I was fiddling with it for a good five minutes the first time :twisted2: Maybe in six months I'll have figured it out and I'll have to deck myself out for my own beach promo shoot... :lol:

Your Paspaley pearls are divine @yssie and the Lavalier you chose is gorgeous! Thanks for posting your video, watching you move the pearl into the Lavalier really brings the beauty & perfectness of the pearl to life.
You have a stunning collection of pearls.
Thank you so much!! ❤️❤️❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh. Yes. Before I forget again. Let me post a few of the photos of the Paspaley pair that @Crystal_Dreams sent me from the Sydney showroom. This is... Only a very very small fraction of what she sent me!!

Pictures shared with Crystal_Dreams' permission :))

1638221036341.png

1638221143735.png

- - - - - - - - - -

1638221058916.png

1638221090135.png

- - - - - - - - - -

The top pair are 13mm gem quality buttons, and my 12mm are the bottom pair :bigsmile:

1638221584171.jpeg

- - - - - - - - - -

A pic of the opal Lavalier that was my original top choice :cool2:
My dream Lavalier net would be a custom piece that uses everything that's unique to Australia - Australian opals and Argyle diamonds and Australian South Sea pearls... :love: But I'm pretty sure my dream Lavalier net would blow the bank to smithereens even if Paspaley did agree to it :lol:

1638221840451.jpeg

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t know if I’ve ever mentioned this but I keep jewellery wishlists… And my 2018 wishlist included “White round pearl bracelet”.
That’s it. No qualifiers. No details. Oh how far we’ve come :lol:

CAR_1.png
This picture is :kiss2:. You picked the perfect settings for them: sleek & simple rose gold studs, and the lavalier so you can still enjoy the biggie undrilled and in the round.

(And I’m chortling at your “white pearl bracelet” wishlist!)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ann The Paspaley net is perfect, honestly. A few other vendors sell pearl mesh/nets but compared to Paspaley's they're... Gosh. I'm trying to find a word other than "crude" but I'm not coming up with anything. Paspaley's net makes this *perfect* teardrop shape :love: And it manages to keep that shape with a whole range of pearl sizes!! And with the exchange rate as it is right now pricing is shockingly not-so-bad for US buyers…

@bling_dream19 Thank you darling ❤️::) :love:

@lissyflo So happy with the rose gold! It matches the pearls' glow. I'm always surprised by how rare rose gold pearl findings are - so many pearls have pink and peach colouring, you'd think it'd be commonplace? :ugeek:

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I have missed a lot. I've been in a Rolex rabbit hole, and did not even know about this thread. Oh my goodness @yssie , that big pearl is like the sixth infinity stone. Just other worldly in their beauty. Thank you for sharing so much and letting us come along for the ride. Your pieces defy description, they are so beautiful. And that Lavalier...seductive and sexy and sultry and other words that are probably not allowed on this forum. Congratulations on scoring these and props to @Crystal_Dreams who hooked you UP girl. PSers are the best.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results