shape
carat
color
clarity

Thaigemstore?

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
IndyLady|1312801572|2986324 said:
It only cost $6 to ship back? That's not bad.

I purchased a ruby from them a few years ago. It looked just like the picture, and I bought it for a steal. They were also fast with email responses. Interpreting their photographs is a bit of a minefield though and I haven't purchased anything since.

I followed their directions (which were to mark the value as no more than $20, and I sent it first class mail with no confirmation), and it was pretty cheap. I would not have done that if it had been a high-cost sapphire, though. I figured that if it somehow didn't make it back to them, I was still able to wield feedback, and/or file a dispute via paypal (or if worse got to worse, through my credit card, which I paid with for that extra level of protection).

It was a little nerve wracking, but they got it within a few weeks. A much shorter wait then waiting for it to get here (which was 4 weeks! Argh)!

When I told them I didn't think the sapphire looked like the picture, they were very fast to respond, and said that they would not charge the restocking fee (which is good, because if they had I would have filed through paypal-- a restocking fee for a misrepresented item is BS in my opinion). I was surprised when they also refunded the shipping I had paid to get it here. They offered me free shipping on my next purchase, but after seeing how far off the picture was, I have not and probably won't purchase anything else there.

That said, I hope that the stone the OP is waiting for is just as she hoped! They do occasionally sell a nice one.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well, it has arrived. Although the stone is well colored and very sparkly, the saturation is no where near what I was hoping for. I guess I was hoping for a miracle for $900. You get what you pay for.

I tried to take pictures to share, but they were either much darker in tone than what I was seeing, or much brighter, and you could see the saturation issue. I've already sent for a return authorization.

Over and out.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Uppy I'm so sorry to hear your news.

$900 is not a small amount and so you SHOULD expect to be sent what they were advertising. Don't be surprised if they try to bribe you for good feedback (which is what happened to me) or ask you to keep the stone for a lower amount etc etc.

If you can post photos next to the stills you took from the video I think it would be incredibly helpful for others to see the difference.

I hope you get a swift refund. x

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry Uppy :(sad Hope at least the return is easy to handle.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Owner/Manager of Thaigemstore called me on the phone and apologized the stone wasn't what I wanted. He suggested several others. I said I'd keep looking. He had already refunded my Paypal completely (with shipping) and told me he would refund MY return shipping costs when the stone arrives. All in all, even though the stone wasn't exactly what I was looking for, I don't feel mislead or tricked by the photos, and have been very happy with the customer service.

Thanks all for your input!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results