shape
carat
color
clarity

TGal hits 10,000!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Congrats TG! You deserve it 100%!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations TGal!! Love reading your posts and looking forward to the next 10k!

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations TGal! You are one of my favourite posters on PS - looking forward to reading 10,000 more
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 3:19:38 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 7/13/2009 1:33:58 PM
Author: Gypsy
T-gal, that''s PERFECT. I''m telling you, I get such a deco vibe from that stone. And with french cuts in the shank...
30.gif

As for DECODELIGHTED... honey, I''ve always thought so
31.gif
, I just didn''t want to scare you.
face20.gif
A love match in the making...go Deco and Gypsy!
41.gif

Gypsy, 23rd street wanted $5000 for that setting. I''m thinking, uh - no.
Um. No, is right.

Their prices make me chortle.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 4:17:41 PM

Date: 7/13/2009 3:19:38 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 7/13/2009 1:33:58 PM
T-gal, that''s PERFECT. I''m telling you, I get such a deco vibe from that stone. And with french cuts in the shank...
30.gif

As for DECODELIGHTED... honey, I''ve always thought so
31.gif
, I just didn''t want to scare you.
face20.gif
A love match in the making...go Deco and Gypsy!
41.gif

Gypsy, 23rd street wanted $5000 for that setting. I''m thinking, uh - no.
Um. No, is right.

Their prices make me chortle.
Thanks UCLA Belle, Delster and Bee!

Gypsy, no kidding. What do you think a fair price for that setting would be? Or should I say, what would be the max you''d pay for something like that?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
For handmade around 3000K-3250K-3500K would sound right to me (assuming you aren't going full eternity on those french cuts) in platinum and depending on the carat weight. Traps are expensive. This is assuming Leon execution.

If you are doing the traps at the top of the shank then tapering down with other traps until you hit the square french cuts... then the price would go up. But I'd prefer to do one trap at the top that matches the length of the french cuts, and then keep the french cuts the same size all the way down. Then, hopefully then none of the diamonds would have to be custom cut (
22.gif
). Your bezel would just have nice milgrain and so would the sides of the french cuts. Any hand engraving on the side??? Not sure about that or the pricing for it, as I've never been interested in it.

My estimate isn't based on anything other than what I've seen other rings with similar elements go for so I could be TOTALLY off. But anything in the mid 3's wouldn't surprise me. More than four... I would think it was high unless I got multiple qoutes from different vendors that came in at that price.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:14:39 AM
For handmade around 3000K-3250K-3500K would sound right to me (assuming you aren''t going full eternity on those french cuts) in platinum and depending on the carat weight. Traps are expensive. This is assuming Leon execution.

If you are doing the traps at the top of the shank then tapering down with other traps until you hit the square french cuts... then the price would go up. But I''d prefer to do one trap at the top that matches the length of the french cuts, and then keep the french cuts the same size all the way down. Then, hopefully then none of the diamonds would have to be custom cut (
22.gif
). Your bezel would just have nice milgrain and so would the sides of the french cuts. Any hand engraving on the side??? Not sure about that or the pricing for it, as I''ve never been interested in it.

My estimate isn''t based on anything other than what I''ve seen other rings with similar elements go for so I could be TOTALLY off. But anything in the mid 3''s wouldn''t surprise me. More than four... I would think it was high unless I got multiple qoutes from different vendors that came in at that price.
Thanks for your input Gypsy. That is kind of what I was thinking too. I do like the tapered look, but I can see how that would be more pricey. Sigh. I''ll keep you posted.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI for anyone who is following, I''ve bumped up my pad thread and am continuing the design discussion there. Thanks!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAAAAAAY TGal! Thanks for everything you contribute to PS!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am late, but congrats TGal :) you deserve it!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Late to it to Tgal but congrats on such a momentous achievement
36.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for being late, but congrats on reaching 10K! :)

Keeping my fingers crossed that you will stick around for another 10K! Hope you are enjoying your camera, btw.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone for the congrats...they are nice to read!

Burk

Ideal_Rock
I know I said this on the mommy thread but big congrats on 10k!! Now I must hop over and see the pad discussion....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results