shape
carat
color
clarity

TGal hits 10,000!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Really late to the thread but congrats Tgal! I really do enjoy your posts, they are very helpful and to the point!
Here is to 10,000 more
emcocktl.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks charger and PP!

Gypsy, it was worth a shot, hehe. I can handle primadonnas as long as they know it, so maybe I''ll commission ya anyway!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
FWIW... I'd go FULL ON Deco with it. But that's not your style. But if you said to me "Just do whatever you want...."

If it were FOR ME. THIS would be the INSPIRATION (the actual ring is ugly as it is, but the POTENTIAL OF IT!) ultimate style for that stone of yours... but I can't imagine our practical T-gal wearing it...at least not for another 40 years and without being crowned the empress of somewhere.
http://www.morninggloryantiques.com/imagesP/Personal/PersDeRosa/derosa22168.jpg What I mean by the potential is... I'd set the stone the same way with all those lovely prongs, I'd airline it. But the halo would be completely different. COMPLETELY. But I would play with the positive and negative space they way they did with that airline. But like I said.. SO NOT T-GAL.

I'm also totally digging this... again the potential. The execution sucks. But I'd do ALL out deco with the design. What I like is the outline, the way the stone is oriented, and the way the top transitions to shank (though I'd make the sides there less 'drapey'. And that stone would be set MUCH better in a milgrain bezel and well, you get the picture) http://www.sylviasantiques.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/2/0/20481-a.jpg

http://www.sylviasantiques.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/3/0/30018-a_7_1.jpg Same thing. Like the potential. Love the deco of it all. This one is simplier and I can at least see you glancing at it... for someone else.

Then there is something like this, which is simple and has a halo, but for an oval... http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/14c/a/AAAAAokL87oAAAAAAUynSA.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/art-deco-engagement-ring-fancy-yellow-sapphire-60&usg=__2kOFbTVSiJlnnt5acQL0w8y1j_U=&h=300&w=300&sz=22&hl=en&start=124&um=1&tbnid=fEyqv0wXpHA_lM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Doval%2Bdeco%2Bring%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us%26sa%3DN%26start%3D108%26um%3D1 probably with french cut squares at the north/south/east/west/points and maybe small matching ones in the shank somehow. I'd have to jazz it up though, cause as it is... it's forgetable. And that just won't do for Amelia.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 2:20:51 AM
Author: Gypsy
FWIW... I''d go FULL ON Deco with it. But that''s not your style. But if you said to me ''Just do whatever you want....''

If it were FOR ME. THIS would be the INSPIRATION (the actual ring is ugly as it is, but the POTENTIAL OF IT!) ultimate style for that stone of yours... but I can''t imagine our practical T-gal wearing it...at least not for another 40 years and without being crowned the empress of somewhere.
http://www.morninggloryantiques.com/imagesP/Personal/PersDeRosa/derosa22168.jpg What I mean by the potential is... I''d set the stone the same way with all those lovely prongs, I''d airline it. But the halo would be completely different. COMPLETELY. But I would play with the positive and negative space they way they did with that airline. But like I said.. SO NOT T-GAL.

I''m also totally digging this... again the potential. The execution sucks. But I''d do ALL out deco with the design. What I like is the outline, the way the stone is oriented, and the way the top transitions to shank (though I''d make the sides there less ''drapey''. And that stone would be set MUCH better in a milgrain bezel and well, you get the picture) http://www.sylviasantiques.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/2/0/20481-a.jpg

http://www.sylviasantiques.com/media/catalog/product/cache/3/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/3/0/30018-a_7_1.jpg Same thing. Like the potential. Love the deco of it all. This one is simplier and I can at least see you glancing at it... for someone else.

Then there is something like this, which is simple and has a halo, but for an oval... http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/14c/a/AAAAAokL87oAAAAAAUynSA.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/art-deco-engagement-ring-fancy-yellow-sapphire-60&usg=__2kOFbTVSiJlnnt5acQL0w8y1j_U=&h=300&w=300&sz=22&hl=en&start=124&um=1&tbnid=fEyqv0wXpHA_lM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Doval%2Bdeco%2Bring%26ndsp%3D18%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-us%26sa%3DN%26start%3D108%26um%3D1 probably with french cut squares at the north/south/east/west/points and maybe small matching ones in the shank somehow. I''d have to jazz it up though, cause as it is... it''s forgetable. And that just won''t do for Amelia.
You should go into jewelry design. You see inspiration and potential in areas where most people wouldn''t and turn them into amazing things! And you are spot on with your comments on those rings, as well as what I would think of them. Thanks for taking the time to do this, it was fun to check out!

Currently I''m thinking of a design that won''t blow anyone away, but it would be wearable, practical and pretty, and much more feminine than I am used to for my jewelry.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It doesn't have to blow any one away BUT YOU. What's the good of jewelry if it sits in a box!

I'm an only child, and we moved a lot, and I was raised in a family (not just a household, but like my ENTIRE extended HUGE middle eastern family) without any children near my age (except one boy who lived across the country and was a trouble maker and I was a good girl *sticks nose in the air*).

My play time was in my mother's and my aunt's and my grandmother's closets (and one of my aunts and my grandmother never throw ANYTHING of quality out, regardless of whether it's in or not) and I designed things and played make believe while dressing up.

Jewelry has two functions for me. One is it's beauty. The other is... it's costuming. For me the hardest part of designing something is to take all the potentials and pick the right one. That's why I went through a BAZILLION wedding dresses. They were costumes, and I couldnt' decide which part of me I wanted to put forth that day. The princess? The sleek classic lawyer? The romantic? The sexy momma my husband sees in me? And I didn't know who the REAL me was, and once I did... it took a long time to be brave enough to put aside the costumes and just BE ME. Same reason it took me 4 years to pick a setting for my asscher. But that's the great thing about jewelry, in general... you can have LOTS of different designs and feels and take them off and put them on to suit you mood. And I'm moody.
2.gif
So that's why I'd go deco with that stone of yours. Something about it makes me want to stick it in a flapper dress, put it's hair in curlers and send it out for a night on the town. But that's design in a vacuum. Design for design's sake. And that's not what you NEED for this project , like my wedding dress and my engagement ring, 'there can be only one'... and you want something that is YOU and AMELIA, and celebrates the REALITY of that connection, cause that's you T-gal you are very REAL. I'm not going to say down to earth, but you have an earthiness, and it comes through in the way you talk about your daughter and your relationship with her. There's humor, wonder, joy, fear, and THE FEMINITY of it (which is maybe why your design has that component, because being a mom is such a feminine thing)... it's a very real, very special but also common to good parenting THING. So your ring should reflect that. But never having been a mother, AND never having had that URGE I can't really capture that. And I think that design needs to speak... it needs to represent. Either the illiusion you are seeking to project, or the reality you are seeking to capture.

I just found myself not 2 years ago. When I decided on my setting design, on my wedding dress... when I discovered that it's okay to wear pieces not as costuming to distract from the real me, but as peices that enhance and represent the real me. I don't think I have grown enough as a person to be able to look into another's soul like that, and pull out what it is they FEEL and put it in a design that represents them. I don't have that skill yet. So I am skilled at jewelry for myself. And for costuming. But for designing a piece of someone's heart. I don't know if I will ever have that. And... well, I'm competitive. Sometimes if I can't do things to the degree I think they should be done... I won't do them. Which is why design scares me. I'm really afraid to dissappoint myself, by either projecting ME onto the design, or by creating a costume. It takes someone special to take something out of someone else's heart and make it real. Ocean and Brian both did that for me. And I've seen it, watched it and have been amazed and awed by it. But like I said.... I don't think I have it. So... I'm still wondering if it's worth trying... to risk sucess and amazing myself, or to face failing and dissappointing myself. What I do now? There's no part of me invested it in. It's a skill. There's no magic. There's no heart in what I do. It pays the bills. And it's safe. Design is terrifying for me. But so was the wedding (as you well know) and I did that. So you never know.

Anyway. That's more of me than I think I've ever put out here. And that's a credit to you. Because like I said. You are very real T-gal. And you challenge me sometimes to be real too. And in this playground where illusion is so easy, and frankly so seductive. That scares me. And it's also why I said I would be more like MWM and Leon... cause for the most part what they do is either a) project themselves on their designs or b) create costumes. Beautiful both... but when custom for a special piece, unless they get VERY ENGAGAED (and it has happened and it's been amazing) sometimes their designs lack heart for me. They can be too generic or be too 'designer.' But then you can say that about just about every design except someone like JAR I suppose.

Enough babling and threadjacking. Whatever you chose, I know it will be real, and it will be you... and it will be perfect. And I can't wait to see it.
35.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, again, T-gal :). I congratulated you on making 10,000 postings, but did not congratulate you on the honor of receiving a gift from Pricescope. I am glad that Andrey and Ali acknowledged your contributions and it was, indeed, most generous of them to do so in a concrete way!

One comment about babies and jewelry choices: babies don't stay babies forever, although it seems as if they will. Unless you plan on having a succession of children that lasts many years and having a little one in your arms tugging on your ears, etc. for the next 10-20 years, you can probably enjoy dangling earrings or a pendant. My daughter used to pull off a pair of red glasses I wore. Boy, were they ever battered!!! But the time passes quickly. :)

Have fun planning something!

AGBF
34.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF, thank you! Yes, I know that they won''t stay that way forever (although I love the baby stage so I don''t mind). But I do like to see my jewelry so I think rings are the way to go for me. Unless I want to ask for a copy of Gypsy''s pendant. Hee. (Don''t worry Gypsy, while it''s gorgeous, I think we''ve seen enough copying of your jewelry around here!)

Gypsy, it was nice to read your heartfelt post. As for the Amelia ring, I''m quite sure you''d come up with the perfect ring for such a project if you had a daughter. I just think that I''m not as in tune with what this ring should represent, lol.

For what it''s worth, I think jewelry design might be worth looking into for you, if it''s something you''re interested. Plus you have a name (your real name) that sounds very pretty as a designer brand! I know you''ve worked with designers who brought your vision to life, but I have no doubt it was your vision and your design. Your e-ring is a perfect example of that. You fine tuned that ring down to the wire, literally!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly T-gal... nothing would make me happier than people buying the designs that have been brought to life for me, both the Pendant and the E-ring. I like sharing and both Ocean and BGD have my permissions to reproduce-- and they are both the copyright holder's of the designs not me, so really my 'consent' is more a courtesy granted to me by the designers. The only concern I have is someone asking for an exact copy from someone other than the original designer. Must be all the law school training, but I strongly believe in protecting IP rights.

As for the heartfelt post, I seem to be leaking those. Meh... I've been REALLY REALLY moody and emotional recently... either that or completely detached. Just have too much going on IRL and it's causing me to slowly go insane I think.

I am interested in jewelry design, and it's something I am pursueing, just with baby steps, instead of plunging headlong. LOL about the real name comment. Funny thing is, I'm not sure I'd use it. But you have given me something to consider. If you do need someone to bounce ideas off, ping me. I'd be happy and honored to help you with your project, to the extent I can.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 12:50:20 PM
Honestly T-gal... nothing would make me happier than people buying the designs that have been brought to life for me, both the Pendant and the E-ring. I like sharing and both Ocean and BGD have my permissions to reproduce-- and they are both the copyright holder''s of the designs not me, so really my ''consent'' is more a courtesy granted to me by the designers. The only concern I have is someone asking for an exact copy from someone other than the original designer. Must be all the law school training, but I strongly believe in protecting IP rights.

As for the heartfelt post, I seem to be leaking those. Meh... I''ve been REALLY REALLY moody and emotional recently... either that or completely detached. Just have too much going on IRL and it''s causing me to slowly go insane I think.

I am interested in jewelry design, and it''s something I am pursueing, just with baby steps, instead of plunging headlong. LOL about the real name comment. Funny thing is, I''m not sure I''d use it. But you have given me something to consider. If you do need someone to bounce ideas off, ping me. I''d be happy and honored to help you with your project, to the extent I can.
Yeah, I have an issue with that too. Been seeing that here and there and just haven''t been able to even make a comment on it. Guess it''s that whole "if you can''t say something nice" thing.

I never read enough threads around here (even though I''m on throughout the day), so I''ve been missing what''s going on in your life. I hope it isn''t too overwhelming. And I think insane people are interesting.
2.gif

I''ll definitely ping ya if I can wrap my head around what I want. I''ll top my pad thread so you can lookout for me there. And I''d definitely use your name as the designer brand! Thanks Gypsy!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
TGal, Congratulations on 10,000 posts and your PS gift!
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, TG!!!! What a milestone! You are such a helpful, wise, warm, straight-talking and *witty* presence. Thank you for all your contributions to this community!
36.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Hey Tgal! Sorry I''m a little late, I''m not on here too often anymore, but I wanted to say congrats on 10k!!!!!
36.gif

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 7/8/2009 1:32:55 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 7/8/2009 12:59:27 PM

Author: coatimundi

Congrats Miss T-GAL!!!
36.gif
That''s T-Gar to you, Coati.
2.gif

kamsahamnida T-GAR

3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOO HOOO ... KA-CHING! Congrats on the PS gift! Just back from vaca myself & am happy to see that there will be a TGAL project around here soon *armtwistng*.
3.gif

You know ... a DBY inspired necklace might work for your lifestyle right now ... the choker length ones would sit tight enough that little fingers can''t grabby grab. Or "The Amelia" can come to life. I know it can be daunting but also thrilling! Bling it up gal!
9.gif

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
Tgal, you helped me more than you know with the Chart House questions I had awhile ago. I really appreciate you taking the time to help and sharing your pics. We are getting married there on the 25th - getting close!
Just wanted to say thanks :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m touched that I''m still receiving such nice words, thank you!

Coati, your korean is IMPRESSIVE.
3.gif

KD, always nice to see you here...hopefully you will be around more!

DMB, I had no idea you settled on the Charthouse! Congrats! I am very sporadic in my visits to the BWW forum and don''t read all the threads. I''m happy for you!

Deco, welcome back from vacay! Funny, I am started to look at things here and there and I love the DBTY necklaces! They just look so delicate that I''d have to make sure I don''t wear it around Amelia. I like the slightly longer ones. We''ll see! It will be a bit before I finalize.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Congrats TGal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''ve always enjoyed your posts!!! So keep posting away and can''t wait to see what you choose!!!
36.gif

M~

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations T-Gal
36.gif
36.gif
, I always respect your post. I think about you so highly.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Tgal~ Just saw that you''re getting a lovely PS gift~! Congratulations and thanks for your constant vigilance around here!

1.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I always admire your wisdom. It shows in lots of your posts. Congratulations!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm kind of wondering if you're going to get your PS Gift before I get mine. Tee hee hee.

(I wanna see that pad set already!)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha, I doubt it Freke...I just have no idea what to do with the gift, minus the pad setting, so we''ll see. Apparently Leon is on vacation so I won''t know for awhile if he wants to take on the project.

Gypsy, that is a lot like what I have in mind, but I am interested in a bezel. Here is the ring I saw from 23rd street. It''s a lot prettier in person. I would do it in rose gold with a thinner, more delicate shank. It is the round sapphire ring on the right side.

r-019a.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal,

Your pad will be beautiful set in a bezel. Come on set that thing, will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/12/2009 10:54:58 PM
Author: Linda W
T-Gal,

Your pad will be beautiful set in a bezel. Come on set that thing, will ya!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
I know Linda...who knew it was gonna take this long! All because I wanted to make sure that "your" pad didn''t slip away!
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 4:12:39 AM
Do-able Deco....
um ... blush ... stutter ... giggle. I didn''t know you felt that way Gyp!
31.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I''ve been waiting for 2 months and one day (since BB was shipped out) and it''s been 3 months minus two days since I got the gift, and I don''t know how much longer I''ll be waiting in the meantime for it to just arrive.

What I''m saying is: Girl, you''ve got TIME. At the rate I''m goin'', it won''t get here until Christmas!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-gal, that's PERFECT. I'm telling you, I get such a deco vibe from that stone. And with french cuts in the shank...
30.gif

As for DECODELIGHTED... honey, I've always thought so
31.gif
, I just didn't want to scare you.
face20.gif

I just wanted to stop in and say Yay...! congrats on so many posts!
4.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 1:33:58 PM
T-gal, that''s PERFECT. I''m telling you, I get such a deco vibe from that stone. And with french cuts in the shank...
30.gif

As for DECODELIGHTED... honey, I''ve always thought so
31.gif
, I just didn''t want to scare you.
face20.gif
A love match in the making...go Deco and Gypsy!
41.gif

Gypsy, 23rd street wanted $5000 for that setting. I''m thinking, uh - no.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results