shape
carat
color
clarity

Tension Set Men's Diamond Ring

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock
Awesome ring! :clap: I do like the tension look, very sleek.

pittin

Rough_Rock
Men shouldn't wear diamonds, be passive, cry, lose their temper, express their feelings, take dance lessons, cook, like art, etc etc etc.
Women shouldn't play sports, be executives, drive, earn more income than a man, preach, not wear make-up, play certain sports, vote, etc etc etc.

Many of these things seem really stupid to most people now. That's because they are really stupid. Unfortunately, a huge chunk of folks are slow to challenge things that are unfamiliar. I suspect it is just part of human nature. The absolute worst thing one can do is to not enjoy themselves or express themselves because some number of less-open-to-new-things folks are scepticle. Wearing a diamond ring is not an invasive or confrontational form of expression.

Please, wear your ring with confidence and dignity. If you like it and you feel that it fits your personality, then you'll pull it off swimmingly and begin to make it ok for other men to not hide their interest in wearing diamonds. I happen to be a guy and I love your ring. One day when I have more disposable income, I will get myself a tension ring as well.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is Kenny?

bluelotus

Shiny_Rock
What is deemed gender appropriate varies . . . I grew up in an Italian family where many of my male relatives proudly wore beautiful rings. As I got older I did begin to see that this was not necessarily embraced by mainstream culture but I have always enjoyed wearing jewelry and enjoyed the fact that it was often perceived to be non-conformist. I recently restored an antique ring in memory of my mother and am always on the lookout for interesting antique/vintage pieces.

_24469.jpg
image_2511.jpg

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Bluelotus, that ring is fantastic!!

Calling out Asscher_Halo: Who made your hubby's ring??

Benitoite

Rough_Rock
Trade
  1. Gold is too weak to hold a true tension set into place.
    :naughty: Since when? I certainly wouldn't use 18k-22k.:lol: I make tension sets in silver and haven't had one returned without a rock yet. By the way, you set that cherished stone in a metal that's $30.00 a pound. :wall:
  2. IMG_3875.png 6mm Peridot.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
When & where did it become the norm for men to NOT wear rings? It seems to have been along fad, but not too widespread (from my part - good riddance)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
  1. :naughty: Since when? I certainly wouldn't use 18k-22k.:lol: I make tension sets in silver and haven't had one returned without a rock yet. By the way, you set that cherished stone in a metal that's $30.00 a pound. :wall:
  2. IMG_3875.png 6mm Peridot.
Welcome to the forum, Benitoite.

Please note that as a member of the Trade, you must tick the box in your profile setup that declares that.

Hover over your name in the top right of the forum, click on 'Personal Details' in the drop-down box, click on 'Preferences' under Settings (on the left-hand side), tick/check the box that says "Check here if you work or are working with any diamond and/or jewelry business."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results