shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis Bracelet Search - WF ACA or Emerald cut?

stradale

Rough_Rock
I've been wanting a tennis bracelet for a while and always just assumed I'd just get one with round stones since that's the most classic, easy to wear everyday look. I'm finally making a trip to Houston later this week to go to WhiteFlash to look at their tennis bracelets in person (Brittany said they didn't have anything in the size range I wanted in stock but I could look at a slightly smaller version and then they could order me the size I wanted). I'm thinking of likely something in the 7-8-ish tcw range but am open. Probably not looking to spend over 12k, but of course the better a deal I can get the happier I'll be.

There's just one thing that is stopping me-- I was in NY last month browsing the diamond district and came across this Emerald cut tennis bracelet. I tried it on and immediately fell in love, but I'm torn as to if it's as "wearable" or if I'll get tired of it. That also kind of throws my plan to buy from WF out the window since the only reason I was going to buy from them was for the ACA cut. I also don't know where I would buy from if I went the emerald route as I haven't come across this style anywhere other than that one small shop in NY (but I believe they had overpriced it).

Any thoughts and/or opinions from you jewelry lovers out there?

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 2.23.56 PM.png

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The emerald diamond tennis bracelet looks lovely but you just don't get the flash and fire from them that you would round stones. I would want to see the diamonds 'dance' with every movement of the wrist! However, the heart wants what the heart wants so I would in no way try to dissuade you from what you really love - the above is just my opinion!

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
I am currently in the market for an ACA tennis bracelet as well!! And I also love emerald and asscher cuts, probably more than round brilliants. I was raised for a good bit in NYC so those Art Deco-esque geometric lines feel very elegant to me.

This bracelet looks fab on your wrist. If the choice were mine though, I would still go with the ACA's because they're classic but more so because you can be assured of their quality. And if I were still jonesing for emerald cut diamonds after that, I would buy a big one for a pendant or a ring because I like the impact that these cuts make when they're well sized.

Saying this because I have emerald studs earrings (actual green emeralds) and they're quite petite – still love them though – but there's nothing like holding an emerald cut stone in your hand where you can see the clearly see the beautiful lines.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have also seen some beautiful diamond emerald cut eternity bands. Maybe for a right hand ring for you?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would miss the ACA sparkle.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
I've been wanting a tennis bracelet for a while and always just assumed I'd just get one with round stones since that's the most classic, easy to wear everyday look. I'm finally making a trip to Houston later this week to go to WhiteFlash to look at their tennis bracelets in person (Brittany said they didn't have anything in the size range I wanted in stock but I could look at a slightly smaller version and then they could order me the size I wanted). I'm thinking of likely something in the 7-8-ish tcw range but am open. Probably not looking to spend over 12k, but of course the better a deal I can get the happier I'll be.

There's just one thing that is stopping me-- I was in NY last month browsing the diamond district and came across this Emerald cut tennis bracelet. I tried it on and immediately fell in love, but I'm torn as to if it's as "wearable" or if I'll get tired of it. That also kind of throws my plan to buy from WF out the window since the only reason I was going to buy from them was for the ACA cut. I also don't know where I would buy from if I went the emerald route as I haven't come across this style anywhere other than that one small shop in NY (but I believe they had overpriced it).

Any thoughts and/or opinions from you jewelry lovers out there?

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 2.23.56 PM.png

Ahhhh, I LOVE that emerald cut bracelet on you!!! :kiss2:

I am biased because I'm a big fan of step cuts, but I vote for the EC bracelet over the ACAs. The ACAs will obviously be beautiful and a very classic look (for good reason), but to me, that EC bracelet is more visually interesting and distinctive, if that makes sense. Well cut emerald cuts will be very flashy and lively. I would see if ID Jewelry in NYC has anything or would make it (I know that they do gorgeous EC eternity rings).

I also think it looks incredible with your ring and watch, which you really ought to post over on SMTB!! (Show Me The Bling).

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I personally really love that emerald cut! that is gorgeous and super unique

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lean towards the ACA for me because of the sparkle but I have to say, that EC bracelet looks stunning on you! I really like that it's different. Very elegant too. You said you fell in love with it, that counts for a lot in my book! Go with your gut and get what will make you the happiest.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I think the ACA will be more versatile and compliment your existing jewelry more, unless the band of your ring is emerald cut (can't tell from the photo). Can we see more pics of your ring??

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results