shape
carat
color
clarity

Temporary setbacks with my OEC solitaire

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, did you check to see if Eragem would set your stone? They sold you the stone ... did they also remove it from its prior setting, or did you have someone else do that and then just send them back the old setting?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The difference in price in an entry level solitaire by a top designer, vs sourced this way, is obscene. Seriously, for the same thing, it’s $3000 instead of $300. You may be able to get your head around the tenfold difference in price, but I’m not. Furthermore, I haven’t seen any solitaires I’ve liked as much as the one I’ve designed myself with jewelryhoo (other Pricesopers have even ordered the design based on my earlier ones with my previous diamond). This is not my first piece of jewelry, nor my first expensive diamond. I had a setter I have relied on for years, and I cannot rely on him anymore, so I find myself in a position of needing a setter, thus the request for suggestions of setters. To those who feel the need to instead criticize my process, it’s simply unhelpful at this point. I am not desperate here, and I’m not afraid that it won’t get done. I will figure it out, as I have always done.

Have you looked into jewelry repair shops? They may be more willing to do this , not sure whether they’d have insurance that covers your stone while setting though.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OP, did you check to see if Eragem would set your stone? They sold you the stone ... did they also remove it from its prior setting, or did you have someone else do that and then just send them back the old setting?

I didn’t ask them. They are on the opposite side of the country from me.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have you looked into jewelry repair shops? They may be more willing to do this , not sure whether they’d have insurance that covers your stone while setting though.

There aren’t any local ones I trust.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is a really excellent idea.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I reached out to an excellent and well-respected local jeweler (I’ve actually seen his work on Pricescope) who, luckily, was friends with my late father (my dad was a sculptor and art curator) and says he is willing to help me with it. Yay! I’ll post about it after it has been done.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results