carat
color
clarity

Temple St Clair royal blue moonstone necklace

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, where to start.
I’ll just jump in.
I’ve been quietly curating my jewelry collection and selling off most of my sterling silver pieces and “mall” jewelry (Tiffany silver, Ippolita, David Yurman, etc) to make room for quality pieces. Part of this process was staying away from designer pieces. My thought being that I don’t need to overpay for designer pieces like I have in the past.
So why then did I wander into Bloomingdales the other day and become transfixed before the Temple St Clair display? I’ve heard all the hype. Celebs wearing the brand and a piece being inducted into the Louvre. Yea, ok, but it’s just lowly moonstone which in my mind is certainly not a precious gemstone. So I figured, ok, go prove it to me.
Well, I looked down in the case and asked to see the simplest moonstone necklace. Cabochons bezel set all way around with diamonds. The second it was around my neck, it lit up like it was electric! Technicolor light show dancing all over the place. Simple and classy yet wearable! OMG! I was truly shocked. Now I saw what all the fuss was about. Yes, this was not just moonstone. This truly was royal blue gem-quality moonstone.
Then I looked at the price tag....$24,500! ☹️
So I went about my business not thinking about TSC again but occasionally glancing at the website and thinking how even in the professional pictures there, the moonstone doesn’t look as magical as it did when I saw it in real life.
Then I was visiting my lovely jewelers and he says he has a pre-loved TSC moonstone necklace that has a lot of interest but hasn’t sold because, frankly, photos make it look flat and dull. No matter how hard he tries it just refuses to be photographed.
I say let me put it on and let’s see if we can capture it.
I put it on and fell helplessly in love . It sits perfectly on my collarbone. It glows with such a magical electric intensity it lights up my face and then the room. Each movement allows the blue-rainbow to dance across each stone all undulating in synchronicity together. It’s etheral. Magical. It’s something truly special.
I haven’t taken it off since!
Here she is. Temple St Clair moonstone cabochon necklace set with four diamond stations and four tanzanite stations. I tried all night to to photograph her but she abjectly refused so I attach the website photo. In that photo my necklace is the two strands in the middle of the picture. Because she refuses to be captured on film and curls up and goes flat and dull whenever the camera comes near her, B8D552C8-C028-4F65-B796-1D5DD66DF42B.jpeg D221765E-BCD3-48D3-B3A9-88C3013E7813.jpeg I have named her Greta Garbo.
Meet Greta ❤️

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
I have just died! Your moonstone necklace is stunning and congratulations to you! I love Temple St. Clair jewels - I have one of her chains with three small charms dangling from it, one of them is a small moonstone teardrop shape. Temple St. Clair's Royal Blue moonstones are the most beautiful moonstones out there.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just love moonstones! So beautiful!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Thank you everyone. I’m so happy you all appreciate her as much as I do.
I fell instantly, inexplicably and helplessly in love.
I will try more shots and post soon....

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have loved Temple St. Clair for years but am not lucky enough to own any pieces! The necklace is stunning on you and pretty much goes with everything! Congrats and wear her in good health!

Rosa

Shiny_Rock
Efleon, congratulations! It is gorgeous and I know exactly what you mean. A few years ago I was in Saks on 50th and 5th Ave and wandered through the jewelry department. I saw the Temple St. Clair moonstone necklace in the display (it was similar to yours, but slightly different) and had to try it on. Sadly, I just could not afford it but have never stopped thinking about it! So huge kudos to you that you've managed to snag one!!! Wear it in good health and happiness!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
Efleon, congratulations! It is gorgeous and I know exactly what you mean. A few years ago I was in Saks on 50th and 5th Ave and wandered through the jewelry department. I saw the Temple St. Clair moonstone necklace in the display (it was similar to yours, but slightly different) and had to try it on. Sadly, I just could not afford it but have never stopped thinking about it! So huge kudos to you that you've managed to snag one!!! Wear it in good health and happiness!

Thank you Rosa and everyone who chimed in to support!
It truly changed my mind forever about this gemstone.
It feels like an epiphany or gemological conversion if you will!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely! I love my Moonstone earrings and can attest to how difficult they are to photograph/capture their beauty.

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. LOVE. First off that length is perfect. Second you could wear that with everything. Completely neutral and casual yet such a stunner. What a lucky find!! Sometimes when you come across a piece that you love right off the bat, and is YOU, it is just meant to be. It would have been a travesty to miss out on this piece. Wear it everyday during this crazy pandemic time. It will cheer you up. Cheers me up just to see it.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks perfect on you! I can see why you love it. Those are some of the nicest moonstones I've seen!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful and looks good on you. It looks like a magical necklace. If you say she doesnt photograph as well as she looks in person, I can't imagine!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! I really like a lot of Temple St. Clair's designs! Lucky you to run across a piece second hand! It obviously was meant for you!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it’s magical!

And I love that feeling of 10/10 LOVE for a piece- even if it goes against all the goals of not buying designer :) (which I can totally relate to)

Last edited:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's amazing!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely LOVE this!!! Simple yet stunning....

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This is a stunning necklace!

I particularly like the exact spot it falls on your neck -- perfect length. I think it would go with so many different outfits, dressed up or casual.

A perfect find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results