shape
carat
color
clarity

Template for help finding a diamond

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
I've been thinking that it may be helpful to create a template for those seeking help in finding a diamond to buy. I don't intend this to be used exclusively for every person seeking help... I think having a story is both fun and helpful... but I get the sense that we are sometimes missing important information from the potential purchaser that is critical to finding the right diamond. Please discuss if you think this kind of template might be helpful to provide to potential purchasers, and how it might be improved!

Complete this template as best as possible in order for us to help find the perfect diamond for you. It's okay if you don't have an answer to all of the questions--we can help guide you to an answer for any missing information, and help you learn along the way!

Who is/are the diamond(s) for?:

What is the occasion?:

How will the diamond(s) be set (ring-halo, solitaire, 3 stone, etc; pendant; studs; etc)?:

Maximum budget:

Preferred vendors (if any):

Minimum Color:

Minimum Clarity:

Cut type (modern round brilliant, Old European cut round, cushion, radiant, emerald, etc. We will assume you want the highest quality cut unless otherwise specified):

Minimum Carat:

Experience with diamonds and other jewelry:

What else is important for us to know?:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS is giving me fits. I revised it, hope you don't mind.

Complete this template as best as possible in order for us to help find the a great diamond for you. It's okay if you don't have an answer to all of the questions--we can help guide you to an answer for any missing information, and help you learn along the way!

Who is/are the diamond(s) for?:
What is the occasion?:
How will the diamond(s) be set (ring-halo, solitaire, 3 stone, etc; pendant; studs; etc)?:
Do you have a setting in mind, if so please link us to it or post a picture, and tell us how much it costs:
Did the wearer of the piece chose the setting style or did someone else? If it is someone else, please specify who:
Maximum total budget including setting, tax, etc. If you just want the diamond, please specify budget for diamond only:
Preferred vendors (if any). Are you comfortable shopping online or would you prefer we suggest a vendor local to you (this may or may not be possible)?

If you would like us to help you find a local vendor please provide your location:

Do you understand how color is graded (face down)? Minimum Color:

Do you understand how clarity is graded? Minimum Clarity:

Diamond Shape (modern round brilliant, Old European cut round, cushion, radiant, emerald, pear, heart, asscher, etc.):
Did the wearer of the piece chose the diamond shape? Have the expressed a shape preference?

Cut quality. We do not recommend anything except the highest cut quality and we will assume you want the highest quality cut unless otherwise specified:

Minimum Carat (Please note with fancy shapes—anything other than a round brilliant—you shop by spread not carat weight, if you do not understand what this means, please ask):

Experience with diamonds and other jewelry:

What else is important for us to know?:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results