clarity

Tell me about it, STUD(s)!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean serenades her STUD(s): :whistle: :boohoo: :dance:
I've got chills, (ICE)
They're multiplying. (PAIR of ICE!)
And I'm losing self-control. (What was that self-imposed 2017 bling ban?)
'Cause the power your supplying, (That's you, IDJ!)
Its electrifying.
You better shape up, (MRB XXX)
'Cause you're the only one, (that's you, MRB #1)
And my heart is set on you
You better shape up, (that's you, MRB #2)
You better understand,
To my heart I must be true.
You're the one that I want. (OK I'm a glutton I want both)
(You are the one I want)
Oh, oh, oh. Honey.
The one that I want. (https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=1162601651)
(You are the one I want want)
Oh, oh, oh. Honey.
The one that I want. (https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=2165582963)
(You are the one I want want)
Oh, oh, oh.
The one I need.
Oh, yes indeed.
Oh, yeah yeah yeah

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stats!
GIA report number: 1162601651
Measurements: 6.45 - 6.48 x 3.94 mm
Carat Weight: 1.01 carat
Color Grade: K
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade/Polish/Symmetry: Excellent
Depth: 60.9 %
Table: 60 %
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 14.0%
Pavilion Angle: 41.0°
Pavilion Depth: 43.5%
Fluorescence: Faint
gia_1162601651-arrows-01.jpg gia_1162601651-hearts-01.jpg gia_1162601651-idealscope-01.jpg gia_1162601651-aset_black__fancy_-01.jpg gia_1162601651-aset_white-01.jpg gia_1162601651-officelight_black-01.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GIA report number: 2165582963
Measurements: 6.48 - 6.51 x 3.94 mm
Carat Weight: 1.02 carat
Color Grade: K
Clarity Grade: SI1
Cut Grade/Polish/Symmetry: Excellent
Depth: 60.7 %
Table: 59 %
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 14.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Fluorescence: Medium Blue
gia_2165582963-arrows-01.jpg gia_2165582963-hearts-01.jpg gia_2165582963-idealscope-01.jpg gia_2165582963-aset_black__fancy_-01.jpg gia_2165582963-aset_white-01.jpg gia_2165582963-officelight_black-01.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited about them! I got the GIA reports first, and on Sunday, for my NYC birthday jaunt, we ended up stopping by IDJ as we made our way uptown and I got to see the stones in person before I saw the images. They are both WHITE! Comparable face up to a 2 carat GIA XXX I color I also saw.

Eagle eye, color sensitive ac117 agreed they were nice and white, and she could detect that one stone showed slightly more body color than the other. This is why I appreciate her so much (besides her just being top 0.1% of the human population) - she's way more technical and analytical than I am with bling. She's personally gone and looked at all my diamonds before I purchase them, so she knows what my tolerance for and taste is in diamonds and settings.

As for settings, I usually like bezels because they add to the bling size. BUT - I already have 2 pairs of milgrain bezel studs!!!
So i go to adwar and these pop up!!!
http://adwar.com/products/styles/E5289/view
They give 8mm coverage HOLLER!!!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my God, Pinto! :lol:

You're too funny!

Thank goodness you're gonna keep on bling shopping in 2017! I was starting to go into withdrawal not seeing new Pinto jewels!

These new earrings are going to be amazing! Love the settings you choose! You have such wonderful taste in jewellery! :love:

And last, but not least, a great big

Happy Birthday, Pinto! :appl:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are just the SWEETEST PB!! <3 You're the one I neeeeeeed, oh yes indeeeeed!!! :lol:

Yes, these stones really were nice, white and bright! I was pretty surprised once I saw the images since we saw them after we saw them in person. It really goes to show how your eyes perceive things vs. how much scrutiny we give when selecting our stones. I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to tell the difference side-by-side with a super ideal, but I think these are a beautiful pair that would be perfect for studs! Didn't a trade member recently say 60/60 styles are best for studs bc they'll be brighter? :read: These totally fit the bill! :bigsmile:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Love the lyrics and commentary!

Your new studs are sure to be fireballs! I love the setting that you selected and can't wait to see real life pics! :appl:

Happy Birthday! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pinto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love your big beautiful studs!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sorry I missed the weekend jaunt honey and hope there will be more bling bashes (and I know there will be) to enjoy!

((((HUGS)))) and HB and thank you for brightening up this very gloomy day! XOXO!

Q

Queenie60

Happy Birthday PintoBean! Your studs are going to be beautiful - can't wait to see the finished product. Been waiting patiently for some new PB bling! :dance: :love: :appl: :wavey:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOLs! :lol:

Both are nice looking stones that'll work very nicely in studs. Here's to them turning out nicely for you!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy (belated) Birthday Pinto Bean!! you are a treasure we all adore! Your humour is fabulous - thank you for being you!

....and your studs aint too shabby either :naughty:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday! Congrats on your purchase. Please post photos, maybe an ear shot or two?!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy belated Birthday!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that hears songs in my head, your post made me howl with laughter!!!! The diamonds look great and I love the flower style settings!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Pinto - and happy birthday bling!

I just wanted to add thes photos since both my stones are K colored (VS2 and VS1), 6.4mm, and I like bezel settings also! I got these from BGD and they're 10mm across. I love them - they're elegant and understated.

Anyway, just sharing in case these take your fancy.

img_2204_0.jpg

img_14770.jpg

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I like the Adwar setting, especially since if allows you to see the diamonds in profile. When the diamonds are set (whatever setting you decide), I'm looking forward to lots of photos!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice ice!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1485887047|4122376 said:
Oh my God, Pinto! :lol:

You're too funny!

Thank goodness you're gonna keep on bling shopping in 2017! I was starting to go into withdrawal not seeing new Pinto jewels!

These new earrings are going to be amazing! Love the settings you choose! You have such wonderful taste in jewellery! :love:

And last, but not least, a great big

Happy Birthday, Pinto! :appl:
thank you DF! :lol: I'm still waiting for you to start selling that dragonfly marshmallow shirt!
ac117 said:
You are just the SWEETEST PB!! <3 You're the one I neeeeeeed, oh yes indeeeeed!!! :lol:

Yes, these stones really were nice, white and bright! I was pretty surprised once I saw the images since we saw them after we saw them in person. It really goes to show how your eyes perceive things vs. how much scrutiny we give when selecting our stones. I'm not saying you wouldn't be able to tell the difference side-by-side with a super ideal, but I think these are a beautiful pair that would be perfect for studs! Didn't a trade member recently say 60/60 styles are best for studs bc they'll be brighter? :read: These totally fit the bill! :bigsmile:
Agreed! And as we get older the eyes are more forgiving bahahahaha!
CRYSTAL24K said:
Love the lyrics and commentary!

Your new studs are sure to be fireballs! I love the setting that you selected and can't wait to see real life pics! :appl:

Happy Birthday! :wavey:
Thanks Crystal24k! :wavey: I'm excited, my bank account is more like :errrr:
missy said:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Pinto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love your big beautiful studs!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sorry I missed the weekend jaunt honey and hope there will be more bling bashes (and I know there will be) to enjoy!

((((HUGS)))) and HB and thank you for brightening up this very gloomy day! XOXO!
Some day, sooner than later, we will finally meet for a blingy play date! :appl:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Queenie60|1485907317|4122596 said:
Happy Birthday PintoBean! Your studs are going to be beautiful - can't wait to see the finished product. Been waiting patiently for some new PB bling! :dance: :love: :appl: :wavey:
Thank you Queenie! I hope they are as glorious as your pair :appl:
bmfang said:
LOLs! :lol:

Both are nice looking stones that'll work very nicely in studs. Here's to them turning out nicely for you!
Thank you bmfang! :wavey: The beauty of long hair (if they turn out ugly, I can cover my lobes ;( JUST KIDDING! :naughty: )
Enerchi said:
Happy (belated) Birthday Pinto Bean!! you are a treasure we all adore! Your humour is fabulous - thank you for being you!

....and your studs aint too shabby either :naughty:
Thank you Enerchi! :appl: Takes a funny lady to know a funny bean! Toot toot! :dance:
JLW05 said:
Happy Birthday! Congrats on your purchase. Please post photos, maybe an ear shot or two?!
Thanks JLW05. "Purchase" makes my wallet go :sick: . Just waiting on the quote for the studs... SOON!!!! When these puppies are mine, I will take pics!
arkieb1 said:
Happy belated Birthday!!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one that hears songs in my head, your post made me howl with laughter!!!! The diamonds look great and I love the flower style settings!!!
ME TOO! Thank you arkieb1 for making me feel less crazy for having that song pop in my head! :whistle: :dance:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs-b|1485958319|4122825 said:
Hi Pinto - and happy birthday bling!

I just wanted to add thes photos since both my stones are K colored (VS2 and VS1), 6.4mm, and I like bezel settings also! I got these from BGD and they're 10mm across. I love them - they're elegant and understated.

Anyway, just sharing in case these take your fancy.
Thank you for sharing Mrs-b! i miss your old username and fighting autocorrect on it! I don't know if I can pull that look off for studs, but man, that metal work is luscious and I think that if I go for a ring like that, I would absolutely consider BGD now!
JLW05 said:
I like the Adwar setting, especially since if allows you to see the diamonds in profile. When the diamonds are set (whatever setting you decide), I'm looking forward to lots of photos!
I do actually appreciate the profile of the Adwar setting as well! I'm also a little nervous because I haven't seen this Adwar setting in real life!
whitewave said:
Nice ice!
hahahaa why thank you, whitewave! :lol: :wavey:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Squee!!!
The adwar settings are super reasonable so I've green lit the project! Now I'm going to feed the money tree some miracle gro!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1486496573|4125521 said:
Squee!!!
The adwar settings are super reasonable so I've green lit the project! Now I'm going to feed the money tree some miracle gro!

Can you send me a clipping from your money tree? :pray:

Seeing your incredible jewellery makes me feel as though diamonds are a 'need' not a 'want'. :))

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
december-fire|1486500438|4125575 said:
PintoBean|1486496573|4125521 said:
Squee!!!

Can you send me a clipping from your money tree? :pray:

Seeing your incredible jewellery makes me feel as though diamonds are a 'need' not a 'want'. :))
DF I'm telling you t-shirts with your incredible pics would be flying off the shelves!!! No need for a money tree!

Omg I got preview pics and I love the studs! The polish is impeccable on the settings. I will cry a little when I slide the push back on because I know that will ding up a little of the polish. Do I wear them or just stare at them and whisper "mahhh pressshhhussss..."?!?! :errrr: :wall: :doh:

I am so happy that ac117 talked me out of another pair of milgrain bezel studs. She was like really? :shock: :naughty: :doh: :rolleyes: you've got 2 pairs of milgrain studs; do you NEED a THIRD?!?! I love how these settings add a couple mm around the diamond and are kinda bezel-ish but different. They remind me of a flower bud, and I love the lotus profile. I think I will be getting them next weekend. Then I have to take a bling break. ;( for reals this time!!

img_15263.jpg

img_15264.jpg

img_15265.jpg

img_15266.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto,

They're gorgeous! :love: :love: :love:

ac117, I bow down before you, oh Wise One. Although a third pair of milgrain studs seems like a necessity to some of us, you knew what you were talking about when advising Pinto to create these amazing, floral beauties! :appl:

Pinto, yeah, you stop buying bling and I'll stop drooling over PS jewellery and dreaming of diamonds. My internal debate over diamonds versus a self-imposed financial goal will drive me crazy. :doh:

Perhaps I should heed your advice and start-up the T-Shirt press. Hmmm, achieve goal and sparkle in diamonds. I like it! :lol:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pinto, these are beautiful. Love the rose-bud like setting. Enjoy wearing these for many years to come.

You've given me an idea for the next jewellery project assuming I have any cash left over to spend after buying box and box of nappies for my almost 2 month old son.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB yayayay you posted them! :appl: they are beautiful and I love how they have a touch of uniqueness. Can't wait until you get them so we could see lots more pic! :love: :love:

December-fire :lol: you crack me up!!!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. I love the setting.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I love the settings that you chose! I can't wait to see more pics when your gorgeous studs arrive!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your kind and generous words, December-fire, bmfang, ac117, JLW05 and Crystal24k!

AC117 went to IDJ today and took a few pics for me! She's da bestest! :love:

img_15419.jpg

img_15420.jpg

img_15421.jpg

img_15422.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesssss!! They are even prettier in person and definitely sparkle like crazy! Very unique basket :love: Unfortunately for me, I saw yours before previewing potentional stones for my earring upgrade...I hope DS doesn't set in too quickly!!! :-o :lol: :angel:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto, they're gorgeous! Look at those flashes of light! :love: :love: :love:

I scrolled up to your musical intro to check out the colour; are you sure they're Ks? I thought Ks were supposed to have some 'tint' to them. These guys just look stunning! :appl:

Please post ear shots when you get these new jewels.

ac117, yup, like Pinto said, you're "da Bestest". That was so nice of you to take photos of her new earrings. By the way, your jewellery photography skills are wonderful! You might want to chat with IDJ about employment opportunities. May I suggest a part-time position (you could run over during your lunch hour from your current job), snap some shots of amazing jewellery for use by IDJ (and to post on PS so we can admire and dream) and, of course, the supplementary income combined with your employee discount could be put to good use. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results