shape
carat
color
clarity

Tattoos and Dresses???HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Henna tattoos are very tedious to get. You have to sit still for them to paint you and then you have to leave the area exposed and unbothered for around an hour or two while the henna dries and colors your skin, then it will flake off and leave the colored tattoo behind. We found it so hard to leave our areas exposed and unbothered, you smudge it and that's it--your design is ruined....no fun. So for them to last only a week on our skin after all of that? Not impressed. It was totally fun to get them (though the line was SOOO long and we had to wait about an hour) and we wish they lasted longer. They were nice the first day or two when they were dark, but it seemed they lightened almost immediately and then just looked really fake and odd. Greg loved his though...
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A bride may get painted with henna only once in her lifetime, though, and the paint need not last longer than the wedding :). (Think of the photos!)

read.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Orly, I can't figure you out, you are not afraid of being tatooed up your body but you are freaked out over teeny tiny baby spiders by the hundreds? What's up with 'dat??
9.gif

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
I know I very unusual I feel safer in the shark world underwater where they are faster,have better sight and can come at any direction they really want... Im not scared of Spiders just grossed out I cant stand looking at them. I knew since I was like 10 I could never marry someone who was scared of spiders too.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
>>You could slit my throat but with my last gasping breath Id say sorry for getting blood on your shirt...<<

I'd probably have a different cherce of words...

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Ummm I dont know what you are talking about but... That phrase is from a song...
And its talking about love.

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Plus I LOVE those words RodentMan.... like Chimpmunks but Rats ewwww...

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, oh, you are talking of love! I haven't had any of THAT in a long time, especially on DT.

I always thought that love had nothing to do with it; that love was nothing but a second handy motion.

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Im confused... I was talking about You could slit my throat but with my last gasping breath Id say sorry for getting blood on your shirt..
That was about love...

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a hunch we are a generation or 2 apart. Let's just leave it at that...

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Ummmm Yeah I would say 2 generations Im 23... Well good luck with your rodents or whatever...

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My son is 23 so I guess we're just one generation apart. I relate well to the younger people; but I am not very familiar with their music.

My line above was reefering to Tina Turner's "What's Love Got to Do With It?" in which she says that love is a "second hand emotion."

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Ohhh ok Tina Turner not really A fan of her... Lol misunderstanding

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Double posting. Sorry.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry to interfere in this colloquy, but you two had me in stitches. R-man, you may be separated by only one generation *technically*, but you're *light* years apart in the real world.

Whereas I, now, understood your every reference. I am afraid you are old, Father William!

Deb
read.gif

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Lol...I swear I am not a dumb blonde or something...Because 1)Im not A natural Blonde 2)Sterotypes are stupid 3)I was just really confused from the beggining I have been to college and have a sussesful job lol I dont work at hooters or something.

I feel so dumb lol

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What are "Hooters?"

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 9/18/2003 8:44:37 AM rodentman wrote:

What are 'Hooters?'----------------

Am I to be the designated interpreter for you two?

"Hooters" is a chain of restaurants making use of the female anatomy to sell food.

See synonym: Playboy Bunny.

read.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a quotation (fair use) from the Hooters.com website for your edification, r-man:

"The element of female sex appeal is prevalent in the restaurants, and the company believes the Hooters Girl is as socially acceptable as a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, or Radio City Rockette. The Hooters system employs approximately 20,000 people - nearly
15,000 of which are Hooters Girls. The "nearly world famous" Hooters Girls are the cornerstone of the Hooters concept, and as part of their job, these all-American cheerleaders make promotional and charitable appearances in their respective communities. Hooters hires women who best fit the image of a Hooters Girl to work in this capacity. The chain hires both males and females to work in management and host, staff, service bar, and kitchen positions. The Hooters Girl uniform consists of orange shorts and a white tank top, short-sleeve or long-sleeve T-shirt. Pantyhose and bras are required.

Claims that Hooters exploits attractive women are as ridiculous as saying the NFL exploits men who
are big and fast. Hooters Girls have the same right to use their natural female sex appeal to earn a
living as do super models Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell. To Hooters, the women's rights movement is important because it guarantees women have the right to choose their own careers, be it a Supreme Court Justice or Hooters Girl."

Now that I have read this I am trying to decide whether I would like my daughter to join the Supreme Court or be a Hooters girl...they *BOTH* sound so darned good! How to choose?

Deb
read.gif

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Wow me and him really do need a translator.. I am shocked he didnt know what Hooters was. I mean its a famous resterant but Big Daddy made it huge. See Deb is in with whats going on probaly because of your daughter right??

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I'm 27 and I understood R-man completely and I feel lke I recognize those lyrics but where are they from, Orly?

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
They're from "You're so last summer," by Taking Back Sunday.

(okay, okay, I had to Google it
12.gif
)

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ahem. I know what Hooters Restaurants are, and I know what generic "hooters" are. My wife has 2 of them, diminished as they are.

I also can drive, brush my own teeth, and feed and clean myself. I am even able to engage in sexual relations now and then; more then than now, however.

I can walk, talk, chew gum, and tell time.

>>Wow me and him really do need a translator.<<

Yes, maybe "she and I" do.

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Lol Lawgem when i read that I was like Omg A guy from California knows Taking Back Sunday lol...I was in disbelief then I read taht you looked it up on Google. Cheater it doenst matter though Taking Back Sunday isnt a popular band only in The Long Island area where they are from.

I swear guys I am not a dumba##..I feel like it lol because Lnaee was like im 27 and I understood what he was talking about. I am ashamed because I am a HUGE musical person but tahst really only with Rock music but I dont know. I guess I am still young and inexperienced sorry

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Your acting like I called you Old and everything I figured you were like mid 30s...Sorry if my punctuation isn't the best I suck at grammar. When you were probably an English major in college or something. I bet you think IM really really stupid...? As you were very quick to point out how I said me and him instead of Rodentman and I. How kind

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, and you're right, my BA was in English.

I am 54, and also out of this thread.

You have fun.

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Good Bye... Good Luck
1.gif

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Show the tatoo. That's why you got it!

indian_gal

Rough_Rock
AGBF

appreciate your fascination with henna at weddings... :) but thought i''d clear a couple things... It''s actually an Indian custom that''s been used by other cultures as well... and Henna isn''t only done at weddings... we get henna done anytime we go to india jsut for the fun of it. There might be stricter customs for traditional islamic families.. I wouldn''t know.. but in india its just another part of dressing-up. Also it really doesn''t take that much time to have someone design it on but the longer you keep it on the stronger the color gets. That''s the reason why most brides now get spray-on or peel on tattoos that are less time consumin.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think she meant that it was okay that the henna was not permanent beucase it was for the wedding. Also isnt it said that the longer the design last the better the marriage?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results