shape
carat
color
clarity

Tattoos and Dresses???HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
Ok I am getting married soon and My Fiance like hes sorta a Punk I mean like hes in a up and coming rock group and all of his friends and mine that will be coming are all tattooed and pierced and stuff. I have blonde hair and its going up in a Tiara and my makeup looks really good because imputting on not too much. I want to look like a princess and i am wearing a strapless all beaded white dress but my huge problem is I have a tattoo that starts at my stomach it goes all the way up around my shoulder to my back and ends right at my butt its really pretty its all flowers and vines but I dont know how great it will look with a wedding dress I can cover it should I???
sick.gif

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
My cousin got married a few weeks ago, and she has a tattoo of a butterfly on her shoulder. It was partially visible under the shoulders of her dress and I thought it looked fine (our 90-year-old grandmother probably thought otherwise). Yours sounds a lot more involved than hers, but since the rest of the crowd will be, as you say, tattooed and pierced, I kind of doubt anyone will care.

I suppose it depends on the style of dress, though. Why not try it on and see what your friends think?

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Orly, I know there is make up to conceal tattoos but I would worry it would rub onto your dress. The company I saw recently is IGIA, I think. It's one of those companies that sells everything cosmetic. Look for their site, it says it doesn't rub off onto clothes and you mix the tone yourself. If that's not the company I'll keep looking out for the commercial and post it if I see it again.

Incidently I would love to see the tat-I'm not brave enough to get one but I love to check 'em out.

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
Really...Tattoos can hurt really bad but you just kinda cringe half smiling saying it doesnt hurt. My tattoo is like 4 feet long it goes from belly button to butt the long way around up past boobs and neck and stuff. I have others but they wont be visable.

Ive tried the dress on the tattoo looks nice but I dont know how well it fits in with the whole church vibe although I wont feel alone concindering everyone there is tattooed 10 times more then I am...I mean my fiance is all Tattooed up both his arms and stuff.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I have a couple of tats myself. I like to tell people it feels like having a lit cigarette dragged over your skin.

Yours sounds like an interesting design. Given the crowd you describe, I would just let it show and not worry about it.

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
Yeah I know to me it feels like someone carving into you with a needle. My Fiancee Davey thinks it feels good to get Tattoos but he has like 100+ hours under the needle so I guess after A while it starts to feel good I wouldnt know. Yeah it makes sence now to leave my Tattoo showing...
Hey Law Gem how many Tattoos you have and where???

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
I have but a couple of modest ones: my wife's name with rose and a ring on one arm, and my son's name on the other (I have another son on the way, so his name will go under that when he arrives
9.gif
) They are way up high so they don't show under a dress shirt. I work for a pretty conservative company, after all.
10.gif

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
Yeah I have that Tattoo I have all these black flowers on my feet/toes, I have my Fiances name in a heart on my stomach. My Fiance has them all up his arms into his chest and like 8 on his legs...Its crazy. I think the tattoos you ahev are sweet!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Orly,

I would suggest leaving things "as is." I have a tattoo on my shoulder that I'm *cough* getting removed via laser treatments, and in the past I've covered it up with special makeup when I don't want it to be seen. Tattoo cover is VERY difficult to match to your skintone, however, so it doesn't always work that well. It can end up looking patchy and fake. And this particular tattoo of mine is relatively small, and all one colour (black) so it's not as involved as yours.

If you're bent on covering it, I would suggest looking at tattoo cover made by the following companies - Ben Nye, and Kryolan's Dermacolor. They are both heavily pigmented and while they're not perfect, they work better than others that I've tried in the past.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Hello Orly,

I would leave the tattoos alone. If their appearance was a concern, you could have chosen a more conservative dress, but I think with your group of friends, it will be perfectly fine. Also, I think makeup on such a large area will be difficult to apply and get a natural appearance.

I got my tattoo when I turned 30 (upper thigh where leg meets torso). After birthing 2 children naturally, the scratching pain of a tattoo was NOTHING in comparison.

Diamondlil

P.S. I live in Southern Maryland too.
1.gif

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
I tried on my dress it looks cute with the tattoo on in the light. I think it will go good with everyone there. They all will expect to see it so why not show it off anyones looking at Tattoos they will be looking at my Fiance's Tattoos not mine...Thanks for everyones help.

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Orly, Now I can't wait to see your wedding pics. And Lawgem, interesting, I didn't imagine you had tats. My BF has two, one on each arm, only one is visible with a short sleeve short on because it's pretty long. I'm never getting one. I've decided they're addictive and I have an addictive personality.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 9/9/2003 12:33:49 PM Lanee wrote:
And Lawgem, interesting, I didn't imagine you had tats.

----------------

Few people do.

9.gif
And yes, they can be addictive. I would probably have a lot more if my wife hadn't cut me off at two.
11.gif

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have 28 tattoos. One biker one, the Rolex coronet, an EightStar image, and 25 sordid squirrels and chipmunks. Oh yeah, the new one is a mouse. I must have that one touched up a bit since it took on some scar tissue in a few places.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 9/9/2003 2
6.gif
3:38 PM rodentman wrote:

I have 28 tattoos. One biker one, the Rolex coronet, an EightStar image, and 25 sordid squirrels and chipmunks. Oh yeah, the new one is a mouse. I must have that one touched up a bit since it took on some scar tissue in a few places.

----------------
What, no Patek Philippe?
9.gif

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
No pathetic Philippe tattoo nor watch. Oh, I have my eye on their Officer's Watch #5053 but the price has 5 digits to the left of the decimal pernt. I just can't...

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
A friend of ours just showed us a picture of her wedding. She had a sleeveless dress and the tattoo of the sun on her upper arm looked pretty cool. It was a profile picture, and the sunshine seemed oddly appropriate for a happy wedding!

My boyfriend is a clean cut guy, athletic and classy, with one single tattoo. He has a chinese character on his back at the base of his neck. That tattoo is so incredibly sexy - and I'm not normally a fan of tattoos!

1.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
This is an fun subject. Over the years, I've found it interesting in casual conversation to find out how many people have tattoos. And the majority are just regular folks, not what most people expect when you mention tattooing. As happy as I am with mine, I would not dare tell my parents. They may write me out of the Will.
3.gif
(I'm 39 and still worry about what my parents think -- what's up with that?
12.gif
)

Diamondlil

Lanee

Brilliant_Rock
Adrienne, what is the translation for the symbol?

I know someone who has a pretty cool chinese symbols tattoo. A single guy, it translates to "good for the moment"

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
We got the fake henna tattoos at the county fair this summer..it was alot of fun but neither of us are brave enough to have the real thing. I'm not into body painting anyway. Only have ears pierced etc. Kind of along the lines of not wearing much jewelry I guess. Anyway--Greg loved his...but they only lasted about a week! They told us it would last about 3 weeks but maybe we exfoliate too often or something..ha ha. I got the Chinese symbol for 'tranquility' near my back hip which was kind of fun. Every time I would start to get agitated about something, Greg would just point to my symbol. Haaaaaaaa.

I've also heard you can get semi-perm tattoos that last something like 3 years and then fade away. Anyone done this type? Greg would maybe consider it...he's not into having the permanent body ink forever...but something for a little while would be fun if it goes away and stays away
2.gif

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
Thats funny my fiance he is a freak seriously....were exact opposites really. He has long black hair now he wears black lipstick and eyeshadow and eyeliner his arms all tattooed he is the lead singer of a really good rock band with alot of fans...alot of girl ones... I know you must be thinking eww A guy who wears eye shadow eyeliner lipstick and has just as long as hair as I do! How ugly but hes really hott to me and about 300 other girls.

I love Tattoos and I have heard of and one of my friends has a 3 year tattoo thing they are over rated. They fade like 2 years after and they arent as great quality in my opinon.

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
My fiance is of Thai and Chinese descent so a chinese character seemed appropriate. It's a muted dark blue color and looks fabulous on his golden skin.
1.gif
It covers maybe a square inch, so it's pretty understated as tattoos go.

Technically it means self discipline and self control, both are big things to him. He believes that you can do anything you put your mind to, etc, and that self discipline is important to reaching any goals. He's an amazing man.

Of course, his dad took one look at it, asked all his friends, and nobody recognizes the character. But it is in a book of chinese characters, so it does exist somewhere (aside from just on his back!)

It really is quite sexy, with a noble meaning behind it!

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
Im sure its nice but I think all Tattoos look nice well most of them. The way you describe on his golden skin it sounds hott lol...
I love my fiances tattoos too but as you have heard(look at post above yours)my fiance is a goth/punk(I really hate lables but whatever.)He has pale white skin... I think it looks HOTT!

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The newest, the mouse. The scabs are gone now.

Mouse1.JPG

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A chipmunk.

HoldsNut.jpg

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Dale.

RealDale.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 9/10/2003 1:50:35 PM Mara wrote:

"We got the fake henna tattoos at the county fair this summer."

I hadn't thought of henna painting as being like a tattoo. One of my daughter's friends from pre-school days is of Pakistani descent. Her parents are very western, but they had a traditional Pakistani wedding. The child's mother showed me her wedding pictures and she she was painted intricately on her arms and hands. I don't recall if her face was painted. She was a very beautiful woman and the painting was beautiful. I could see why her daughter wanted to look like that for *her* wedding one day the way little girls here want to wear white dresses and veils.

read.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the only photo I could find on the 'net of the painting done on a Pakistani bride. It is a beautiful picture, but doesn't compare to my friend's.

henna.jpg

XvOrlyBearvX

Rough_Rock
Thats soooo pretty I really like that.... But I dont think I would be able sit still for all that lol...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results