shape
carat
color
clarity

Taste Test Version 2.0 -- SP vs. SP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 12:24:33 AM
Author: gailrmv
WOW, I can''t believe that bead set band is the same one! It looks 100 times better on your pics than on SP''s pics! Maybe they should hire you as photographer! Seriously I am shopping for affordable eternity band and thought that one looked like all metal on SP. But in your pics it looks awesome!!

As a favor to me would you mind taking a pic of each of the new SP bands with your e-ring? I would REALLLY REALLY appreciate it!!

Thanks!!

Gail

I know what you mean about it not looking that good on the SP website. It looks WAY better in person. And I only had it sent to me as an afterthought. I opened up the shared prong box first and though, Wow, this is the one. But then I opened the other box and was really pleasantly surprised by how lovely the channel set pave band was. And how perfect it looked with the MB ring.

I will happily take some pics of each band with my ering. I''ll take them tomorrow in daylight. Stay tuned....

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
thanks so much! I am looking forward to seeing them!
All your rings are so beautiful. Don''t know how you would choose between them! I think you can''t go wrong. I LOVE that michael b lace, I''m glad you found it!
You can have all kinds of fun mixing and matching and stacking!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dem, I'm voting for the channel set pave also! That and the Michael B look wonderful together! ETA: And normally, I'm a much bigger fan of the shared-prong.

I had a question about the Michael B lace--it's gorgeous, btw! Are there actually three versions of the lace: regular, petite, and baby? And the baby is only 1.8 mm wide? I love the lace, but I've always thought the petite was too wide for me. Is the baby lace also a wedding set with one holding a center stone?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Honestly? I like the MB lace alone! I think pairing it with anything else but maybe another MB lace distracts from it.

Carrie

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 1:36:30 PM
Author: Kim N
Dem, I''m voting for the channel set pave also! That and the Michael B look wonderful together! ETA: And normally, I''m a much bigger fan of the shared-prong.

I had a question about the Michael B lace--it''s gorgeous, btw! Are there actually three versions of the lace: regular, petite, and baby? And the baby is only 1.8 mm wide? I love the lace, but I''ve always thought the petite was too wide for me. Is the baby lace also a wedding set with one holding a center stone?

Yes, you are correct. There are 3 versions: regular, petite, and baby. I don''t know if the baby is available anywhere other than the MB store yet. Not sure about that. You also have the option of getting a rounded shank or a square shank. The baby lace I have is rounded. I believe the rounded versions tend to be wider than the square versions. If I remember correctly, the rounded petite baby lace measures 2.5 mm vs the baby lace which is 1.8 mm. I don''t know whether there is a baby version of the lace engagement ring. I''ve wondered that myself. You might have to call MB directly.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
As requested by gailrmv, here are pics of my solitaire with each band.

First, solitaire with shared prong.....

solsharedpro0001.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Ooops, wrong pic. That one is blurry. Here''s another....

solsharedpro0001_2.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the solitaire with the channel set pave band.

Hope these help. I send the rings back tomorrow, so if anyone has any other requests, I''m happy to take more pics. I really do love the pave band. Can''t wait to get them!

solchanpave0001.JPG

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2005 2:40:35 PM
Author: Demelza

Date: 12/13/2005 1:36:30 PM
Dem, I''m voting for the channel set pave also! That and the Michael B look wonderful together! ETA: And normally, I''m a much bigger fan of the shared-prong.

I had a question about the Michael B lace--it''s gorgeous, btw! Are there actually three versions of the lace: regular, petite, and baby? And the baby is only 1.8 mm wide? I love the lace, but I''ve always thought the petite was too wide for me. Is the baby lace also a wedding set with one holding a center stone?

Yes, you are correct. There are 3 versions: regular, petite, and baby. I don''t know if the baby is available anywhere other than the MB store yet. Not sure about that. You also have the option of getting a rounded shank or a square shank. The baby lace I have is rounded. I believe the rounded versions tend to be wider than the square versions. If I remember correctly, the rounded petite baby lace measures 2.5 mm vs the baby lace which is 1.8 mm. I don''t know whether there is a baby version of the lace engagement ring. I''ve wondered that myself. You might have to call MB directly.
Dem, thanks for the explanation. This is strange, because I just called the MB store in Studio City, and they said they only have two versions, the petite and the regular. When I mentioned the baby lace of 1.8 mm, they said they hadn''t heard of it. Do you think the salesguy just didn''t know what he was talking about?

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Really? That is really weird!!!! Maybe they only had one?? Did you say that you know someone who has it? It''s written on my receipt, "one baby lace band". I would call back and tell them you know someone who bought it (the tuesday before thanksgiving) from MB''s wife. It''s 1.8 mm wide and has 27 pts of diamonds. That''s really weird!!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
solsharedpro0001_2.JPG

Demelza, you take the most amazing shots of your rings!

Truthfully, with your beautiful hands and that gorgeous solitaire, no one will be paying very close attention to the diamond bands. ANY of them will be a beautiful compliment to your e- ring.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks Patty! I''m blushing. You''re so sweet. And a special thanks for the hand compliment. I actually hate my hands!!! Never thought of them as anything other than not entirely ugly, hehe.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I see your solitaire, Dem, I''m reminded again how stunning it is!
30.gif
And I agree with Patty that you take amazing shots of your ring!

Quick update on the MB lace: I called the store back and talked to the same salesperson again, who turned out to be MB''s son. He said that MB doesn''t want to reproduce that band anymore because he felt it was a little bit too thin and was afraid about the safety of the stones, so MB prefers the size of the petite lace. MB''s son said their store is probably the only one that carries the baby lace. He also said that the petite lace is 2.0 mm wide and 2.35 mm high, and the regular lace is 2.35 mm wide and 2.5 mm high.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info, Kim. I was kind of bummed to hear that. I''m hoping they wouldn''t sell me a ring that they didn''t think was safe just to get rid of it. MB''s wife said the ring was a brand new addition to the lace collection. Hmmmmm...

As far as the width of the different bands, I was told by Bill Pearlman that the ROUNDED regular lace band is 3 mm and the petite is 2.5 mm; the SQUARE regular lace is 2.5 mm and the petite is 2.0 mm. There are so many versions, it''s kind of confusing!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2005 4:31:40 PM

As far as the width of the different bands, I was told by Bill Pearlman that the ROUNDED regular lace band is 3 mm and the petite is 2.5 mm; the SQUARE regular lace is 2.5 mm and the petite is 2.0 mm. There are so many versions, it''s kind of confusing!!
I wonder why it''s different from what MB''s son told me, because the widths he gave me he said were for the rounded lace. That''s another "hmmmm...."
33.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m loving your solitaire with the channel set band. It''s perfection.

And you DO take incredible pictures (I just want to EAT those crispy arrows!)....do you have your camera set on macro? How far from the hand is the camera, and what lighting conditions do you recommend? You must have an amazingly steady hand to take shots like that!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree that channel set band goes perfectly. And Dem should go into business taking professional pics for jewelers. She takes the most awesome shots I''ve ever seen. Of course her diamond is sheer perfection as well!!!
30.gif
30.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Dem,
thanks so much for taking the pics!! of course my center stone is nowhere near the size of yours, but I can dream on that the bands will have the same look with my ring, yeah right.
I love the look of both of those rings as w-bands! So you will have even more options. I''m sure you''ve thought of this, but not only could you flank the MB band, but you could flank your e-ring too while wearing the mb band solo. Don''t you love having options??

So those are the exact two I am choosing between for my non-needed but wanted diamond wedding band.
Did you notice anything about quality or comfort that would lead you to prefer one over the other if it was for a w-band?

I wouldn''t worry too much about the petite lace - I think it''s really cool that you got a "limited edition"!
Gail

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 4:51:41 PM
Date: 12/13/2005 4:31:40 PM

I wonder why it''s different from what MB''s son told me, because the widths he gave me he said were for the rounded lace. That''s another ''hmmmm....''
33.gif

I don''t know! Curious, indeed. I wish it were easier to get accurate info about these rings. I know for certain that the regular rounded lace is about 3 mm, so I wonder if the petite would be a full mm smaller?? Easy enough to call another store and ask, I suppose.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/13/2005 9:28:32 PM
Author: gailrmv
Dem,

So those are the exact two I am choosing between for my non-needed but wanted diamond wedding band.

Did you notice anything about quality or comfort that would lead you to prefer one over the other if it was for a w-band?

I wouldn''t worry too much about the petite lace - I think it''s really cool that you got a ''limited edition''!

Gail

Haha, that''s how I''m going to think of it -- the limited edition baby lace band. Who knows? Maybe I''m one of just 3 or 4 people who has one.

I would say that in terms of comfort, the channel set band is better. The prongs are not nearly as sharp and the ring has a lower profile. But I certainly wouldn''t say that the shared prong band is uncomfortable, just not as comfortalbe.

As far as quality is concerned, I would say that the workmanship on this particular channel set pave band isn''t 100% perfect. I''m hoping that they can correct the slight uneveness in the prongs when they make the new rings. But it''s still a very nice ring. It certainly doesn''t look bad at all as it is.

The channel set pave definitely isn''t as sparkly as the shared prong, but it''s a bit thicker 2.2 vs. 1.5, so it has a more substantial look to it. If you want individual pics on the hand, let me know! Hope this helps.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the e-ring looks great with the channel set band also, that band of metal kind of makes it sit more flush and matchy seemingly...

I love the idea of a limited-edition or ''rare'' baby lace ring...I''m sure they would not have sold something that was unstable, it seems like the ratio of diamond to width etc is inline with their other bands, so I would just enjoy it and think about how lucky you were to get something that only a few others will have!!

Oh and LOVE LOVE LOVE that crispy arrow picture, gawsh!! Can you come over and take pictures of my stuff too!?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your choices! The Tiffany setting and band from Superbcert are perfect. The MB ring is to die for and the channel set bands look great with it. You done good, girl!

Please let me know when the photo taking session begins - I''ll be there!!! Your pictures are divine - course so is the ring!

Would all of us PSers have portraits done of our rings and hang them over the fireplaces like they hung the lady of the manor in the old days?!?!?!?!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Dem, how did I miss this thread?!

I definitely like the channel set band better than the shared prong.

What have you decided??

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 1:24:19 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Love your choices! The Tiffany setting and band from Superbcert are perfect. The MB ring is to die for and the channel set bands look great with it. You done good, girl!

Please let me know when the photo taking session begins - I''ll be there!!! Your pictures are divine - course so is the ring!

Would all of us PSers have portraits done of our rings and hang them over the fireplaces like they hung the lady of the manor in the old days?!?!?!?!

Haha, I think we would. I actually think I have more pictures of my diamond on my digital camera than anything or anyone else. My hubby just shakes his head.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 7:39:44 PM
Author: Rascal49
Dem, how did I miss this thread?!

I definitely like the channel set band better than the shared prong.

What have you decided??

Quick update: Yes, I have decided definitely to get the channel set pave bands. I asked Isaac to please take special care to make sure the bead work is nice and even. Unfortunately, because of the holidays, the rings won''t be ready until around Jan 20th. Oh well, something to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results