shape
carat
color
clarity

TANZANITE - selling back to jeweler/wholesaler ??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me bad! Here I was looking at tanzanite, but on Judi''s website I saw a demantoid garnet I loved the look of, and ended up buying that instead!!!

I guess when it comes down to it, the tanzanites I really like the look of are in the $1,000''s, and for that much money I''d rather buy a sapphire, something more durable. Maybe sometime down the line I will get her an inexpensive small tanzanite (her favorite colors are pink, purple, and yellow) so if it is more purple than blue that will be okay.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations on your color stone purchase! pictures, please, when you get it. and/or post a link to which one you bought at judi''s website.....

lusting after purple myself and the one i want is 15 carats of deep vivid purple casting red and blue light.

movie zombie

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the picture from Judi''s site! It is an african demantoid, 5.5 mm round brillant cut. She also has ones with a deeper green color as well that look very nice.

Btw - if any of you experts see any red flags from the pic, let me know!

demantoid39076464.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Opps let me try a bigger picture

demantoid203854.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the eye candy! love it.

movie zombie

chansigrilian

Rough_Rock
speaking of tanzanite, i'm on the hunt for two small matched princess cut pieces of high-grade tanzanite for my engagement ring. i'm looking for the dark bluish-purple, i checked judi's listings on ebay, that's exactly what i'm looking for color-wise. i'm looking for two pieces ~.38 carats each. i was disappointed to read that the smaller stones were difficult to find in this color. any ideas?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
send her an e-mail, maybe she can find them.

movie zombie

MJO

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/30/2006 1:09:49 AM
Author: chansigrilian
speaking of tanzanite, i''m on the hunt for two small matched princess cut pieces of high-grade tanzanite for my engagement ring. i''m looking for the dark bluish-purple, i checked judi''s listings on ebay, that''s exactly what i''m looking for color-wise. i''m looking for two pieces ~.38 carats each. i was disappointed to read that the smaller stones were difficult to find in this color. any ideas?
You sill have much more luck with finding sapphires that color also they are harder and will wear better in everyday use.

Regards,
Maurice

chansigrilian

Rough_Rock
Chans, what a cool avatar.

thanks, i''m a big fan of the game, i made that one a few weeks ago. fool me once...
1.gif

send her an e-mail, maybe she can find them.

email sent, i''m keeping my fingers crossed.

You sill have much more luck with finding sapphires that color also they are harder and will wear better in everyday use.

this is definitely proving to be the case. unfortunately two things: first, tanzanite is her second favorite colored stone and second, her sister has a diamond and shappire engagement ring.

i would have really preferred emeralds (her favorite!), but a couple of factors made them a very poor choice.

thanks for the advice folks, if anyone else has any ideas i''d be interested to hear em!

nicky newark

Rough_Rock
A few of my Demantoids-

000_0166 (2).JPG

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Movie Zombie, Rich, thanks for the feedback.
The other demantoid on Ebay looks gorgeous
3.gif
. Nicky, beautiful demantoids! I am really looking forward to seeing my demantoid in person. I know it won''t have the horsetail inclusions like the russian gems, but hoping it has the high dispersion.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
a few?! any chance of more pictures? love to live vicariously!

movie zombie

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/15/2006 3:12:57 AM
Author: colorchange
I have heard that those ''green tanzanite'' (tanzanite is ''blue zoisite'' so you should rather call that ''green zoisite'') are tanzanites before heating and basicaly worth what they are expected to worth once heated, so less than top blue of course... but I doubt it is completely true.

Anyway, green tanzanite is worth less than blue in usual colors.

It has been years since I saw any green tanzanite on the market. There was a find some years ago that produced lovely green zooisite, not blue when the brown was heated off. The nicer colors were quickly snapped up by collectors.

wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results