shape
carat
color
clarity

Talk about an imperfect honker of an emerald...

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Since you asked, I did some digging and found a pic when this ring was on the model's hand before I bought it. It was 10.25mm stone wise, it looks a bit bigger than what you have from my pic?

I am a size 4 so it looks huge on my hand, I would guess she is a size 7?

Edit: For everyone else that replied, thank you so much! I eventually realized I was just being silly and that I do love this emerald. I love it more everyday and I am embracing it with its imperfections to the fullest. It is now one of my most worn ring! (And a part of my profile picture lol)

Screenshot_20210215_224954.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Your stone is longer than the eBay one bc the 10mm was including the bezel. But it’s interesting to see on the model bc it does look smaller on her than on you :) The eBay one must be really deep because it’s 3.26 ct just the emerald. I love your ring and am glad you are enjoying it!

Last edited:

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
You are totally right. I like to have my rings sit low on my finger, so a window isn't so bad since I seem to gravitate towards flatter stones anyway.

I think to what others have already said, I can only add this. In general, in an emerald with an emerald cut, you have to have quite a bit of depth, if you want to close the window, both because of the emerald's lower refractive index, and the angles involved in the pavillion of the emerald cut. So, the emerald without a window would have to sit higher on your finger, and feel different from a low-set bezel, if such is normally your preference. If a windowless emerald of the same face-up size necessitates a higher setting, would you still reach for it as often?
il_794xN.2864528933_6bxz.jpg
This is an example of a high setting on a windowless emerald, albeit an oval cut instead of emerald.
There's a listing of an emerald cut emerald, which also sits high off the finger.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results