shape
carat
color
clarity

Tale of Two Stones- Round and Fancy

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi PS''ers,

As many of you know know, , this past anniversary we upgraded my original engagement ring round stone to a radiant cut. It was a big size move up and involved years of planning and saving, but I went for it.. 1.7 to 3 carats. I''m totally happy, but posted an incredibly awful thread on the new ring because of miserable photos skills --- so please forgive--- photo skills are catching up.... but find myself longing for the OEC 1.7 with its special charms.

But I never posted pictures of the original stone..., and would love to introduce it to PS.

I kept the original OEC 1.7, which I love and am hoping to reset someday. I thought of a HW style delicate and tiny halo and micro pave band or a micro pave split shank, your suggestions would be welcome. I never posted a thread for this stone, mainly because I take such awful pictures and it was hard to capture, but with a new camera, maybe this will do it more justice. So here is my lovely 1.7 which I would like to set in something beautiful- the current platinum band is battered and so bent out of shape it barely gets over my knuckle.. I''d to give it new life and new love... thanks PS''ers for taking a look and sharing your thoughts...

it''s got this checkerboard facet thing going on... which I would love to play up

firstcolorcheckers33.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
another shot

firstring678.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Showing some moody color reflections from surrounding color ... this stone is a J

firstring788.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
another under shade of trees

firstringfire34.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
the original 1.7 J stone

firstringfacets22.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
this is the new stone, radiant cut

secondscintillate33.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
new stone, very different, handles light in entirely different way, but both are lovely

secondmaltese22.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
another of the new stone

secondwithweddingband45.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love it all, gg!!!! Stunning pieces!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
here they are together..

bothtogetherjf.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
another of the new radiant

newstone45.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I really like this one of the steely blue light and checkboard pattern in the 1.7

oldblue&white55.jpg

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Garden gloves, That is soooo pretty! I really like that last pic. Isn''t it nice when you can get a pic of what you see in real life!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The faceting on your round really is lovely, I'm glad she has her own thread
5.gif

It would look beautiful in a halo, if you choose that route
30.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
facets picking up surrounding color

firstring988.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Comparison outdoor lighting, dusk.. J & F

comparisonoutdoordusk23.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Comparison indoor lighting, in kitchen lights

comparison indoor lighting.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love fishtail prongs !
30.gif

A halo would be delish on that stone, or else another antique style mount. Have you seen vip''s mom''s ring over in timeless classics? I love the setting it is in.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
one more sunset comparison, outdoors,

they both sparkle but in such different ways... Ones a J and ones an F, but each has its own amazing beauty,each cut handles light in a totally different way.

comparison outdoors sunset12.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I love both of your rings, garden gloves! Both stones are incredible. That''s the first radiant I''ve ever seen that "speaks" to me. Elegant, classic settings, too! Congratulations on your anniversary!!!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 7:09:29 PM
Author: sarap333
I love both of your rings, garden gloves! Both stones are incredible. That''s the first radiant I''ve ever seen that ''speaks'' to me. Elegant, classic settings, too! Congratulations on your anniversary!!!

Aw thanks Sarap,

Radiants are a strange cut for sure, but mine does all sorts of things at different times, sometimes I get a maltese cross for a second which I love, but then its gone. I really love when there is a big variation in light and dark. Here she is today in the garden picking up light from flowers looking like a pastel cream puff!

radiantgardencolor66.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Dani, Icom, Sara and Yssie.

Yessie, thank you- I really did need to give this honey her own thread!

Dreamer, you gave me the inspiration for this thread, thanks so much. I really had to repost after my hideous first thread, well not so much hideous, but the photos did not really portray the ring very well. Thanks for the suggestion.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 6:54:58 PM
Author: dreamer_d
I love fishtail prongs !
30.gif

A halo would be delish on that stone, or else another antique style mount. Have you seen vip''s mom''s ring over in timeless classics? I love the setting it is in.

Dreamer,

Just checked out the Vip thread. sure looks a lot like my stone, even to the squarish mounting. I was thinking something much simpler for reset- the HW halo look or even tacori 2620 for one stop shopping- have no idea of the costs involved or even worked up a budget, but its on the back burner.

Leon Mege? that would be the ultimate.. my dream.

Of course, all this wishful thinking right now and way down the line

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both lovely.

ludmila.k

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/11/2010 6:09:49 PM
Author: gardengloves
I really like this one of the steely blue light and checkboard pattern in the 1.7
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
GG - I truly love your stones - the OEC is really lovely... THanks for introducing it to us! :)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Both are gorgeous!!!!!!!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Marcyc, Ludmila, Amythst and Princessplease

So today I was trying to capture how the facets handle light, do a comparison- the cuts are so different. Wanted to see how they reflect the colors around them.

I took these under some yellow flowers to pick up color. The OEC really holds her own. she really can sparkle. thanks for taking a look.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, here''s the facet comparison photo

compare23dq.jpg

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
and here''s a comparison of the facets of these very different cuts picking blue colors under some hydrangeas..

bluefacetcomparison2d4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results