shape
carat
color
clarity

Taking Bets: When Will Gwen and J Get Engaged?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Before the 23rd still. And you''re sleeping, so I''ll give you a break and save my question for later...

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
No, not yet.
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
tapping.gif
gaah.gif

25.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:20:44 AM
Author: Deelight
tapping.gif
gaah.gif

25.gif
Ditto Dee.

::::wriggle wriggle wriggle:::

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hahah, I know! Last night we were talking about what to do this weekend and I was like, "Uh huh, I''m all ears, what do YOU want to do?" and he, in his boyishly oblivious way says, "Maybe go to the movies? I really want to see The Watchmen!"

What? No! No movies! Romantic! Sweet! PROPOSAL!

Maybe I''ll tell him we can''t go see the movie until that ring''s on my finger.
11.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:32:32 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Hahah, I know! Last night we were talking about what to do this weekend and I was like, ''Uh huh, I''m all ears, what do YOU want to do?'' and he, in his boyishly oblivious way says, ''Maybe go to the movies? I really want to see The Watchmen!''

Maybe I''ll tell him we can''t go see the movie until that ring''s on my finger.
11.gif

No don''t say anything it could be a cleverly disguised ploy
31.gif

Movies can be romantic - all snuggly in a dark cinema and then a lovely stroll afterwards under the stars with ice-creams you come across a beautiful park under a tree he professes his undying love to you and you live happily ever after
30.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:40:36 AM

Hahah, I know! Last night we were talking about what to do this weekend and I was like, ''Uh huh, I''m all ears, what do YOU want to do?'' and he, in his boyishly oblivious way says, ''Maybe go to the movies? I really want to see The Watchmen!''

11.gif

31.gif

Movies can be romantic - all snuggly in a dark cinema and then a lovely stroll afterwards under the stars with ice-creams you come across a beautiful park under a tree he professes his undying love to you and you live happily ever after
30.gif
Haha, I don''t think a superhero movie is exactly ''snuggly'' and we might be hard pressed to find some stars being in the big city and all, but I sure like the way you think, darlin''!!
31.gif
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) J sees this movie as "his" thing that he''d be making me do since I have no interest in it myself, so am not sure if he''d combine that with the question....but who knows? We shall see...
32.gif
3.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:45:35 AM

11.gif

31.gif

30.gif

Haha, I don''t think a superhero movie is exactly ''snuggly'' and we might be hard pressed to find some stars being in the big city and all, but I sure like the way you think, darlin''!!
31.gif
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) J sees this movie as ''his'' thing that he''d be making me do since I have no interest in it myself, so am not sure if he''d combine that with the question....but who knows? We shall see...
32.gif
3.gif

Hrmmm there could be a love scene or some scurry action
3.gif
? I have heard it is really good so you may be pleasantly surprised :). How far are you from St James Park you could feed the squirrels after the movie that might be romantic :D.

Hrmmm now my imagination is ticking you could go for a weekend away in the country for a picnic with devonshire tea and read poetry under the stars and get pleasently tipsy and run through fields of wildflowers :D.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Gahhhh - I hope it is soooooon because I can''t keep remembering to log in to check the status!!!

Gweyn your proposal may be the last thing I get to catch on PS - J better hutty up with this - I''ve got tissues handy because I''m already tearing up just thinking about seeing your post!!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 12:00:41 PM
Author: Keepingthefaith21
Gahhhh - I hope it is soooooon because I can''t keep remembering to log in to check the status!!!

Gweyn your proposal may be the last thing I get to catch on PS - J better hutty up with this - I''ve got tissues handy because I''m already tearing up just thinking about seeing your post!!
Oh no, the last thing you catch on PS?!
7.gif
I''ve been missing you but hoped you were only away because you were busy or something. Why are you going to stay away for good?
39.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:45:35 AM

11.gif

31.gif

30.gif
31.gif
Unfortunately (or fortunately?) J sees this movie as ''his'' thing that he''d be making me do since I have no interest in it myself, so am not sure if he''d combine that with the question....but who knows? We shall see...
32.gif
3.gif
That movie is not snuggly.

You have been warned
32.gif
32.gif

As for bets, April 1st keeps popping in my mind for you
30.gif
30.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread...I mostly lurk over here and in BWW but I''ve been following your story Gwennie! The excitement of this thread is certainly contagious, I am sitting here reading it getting all wriggly myself!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
::::wriggle wriggle::::

I like the way Dee thinks. She knows whats up.
3.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soon soon sooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I want to make my guess exactly 1 second after Freke''s, just so there is a better chance that I''m right and she''s wrong. Sort of like on the Price is Right and someone guesses a dollar more than the previous guesser.
emotion-14.gif

Hey Gwen, where in the US are you gonna be??????

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
EricaR is a stinker.

Tell J I need $0.50 and that he needs to do it before Monday.

::::wriggle wriggle wriggle wriggle::::

princesss

Ideal_Rock
WRIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLE

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I still stand by my Saturday prediction - the movie is ruse and he is just trying to play coy
36.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 9:58:26 PM
Author: FrekeChild
EricaR is a stinker.
No way! I took a shower this evening, I swear!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here''s an update on the Saturday plans--we ARE going to see Watchmen (and maybe I have too little faith but he''s been obsessing about this movie for a month and lies terribly so I don''t think it''s a ruse
3.gif
), BUT we''re going to an adorable little town where we spent our first evening down here. I haven''t been back since then, but I''ve wanted to go! It''s so pretty--there''s a big park and a stream where lots of swans hang out, and the town part is nice and has a good looking Thai restaurant we''ve been meaning to try but just never have (Thai''s my favourite!). So this way, we''ll spent the afternoon out there, spend some time enjoying the pretty scenery, and some time seeing this movie that J''s crazy about. Then, maaaaybe, since it''ll be a lovely day in a pretty setting, he''ll do it then, maybe when we''re sitting by the stream! That would be lovely.
30.gif

Anyway, yeah, that''s what I''m thinking, although he did say before we had those plans that he had plans of his own and that I''d "probably see it coming a mile away," to which I made a "pfft, so what" sort of noise, hehe. So, maybe he won''t do it Saturday because he''s got other ideas, or maybe he can mix his ideas with our new Saturday plans?

Guess we''ll have to wait, wriggle and see.
3.gif
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 2:06:20 PM
Author: monarch64
I love this thread...I mostly lurk over here and in BWW but I''ve been following your story Gwennie! The excitement of this thread is certainly contagious, I am sitting here reading it getting all wriggly myself!
Hehe, thanks so much, Monnie!! Now I feel extra special for bringing you out of lurkdom in here.
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 2:10:10 PM

3.gif
Oh, she totally does, but she isn''t the one proposing to me. Or...IS she?
3.gif
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 3:38:17 PM
Author: EricaR
I want to make my guess exactly 1 second after Freke''s, just so there is a better chance that I''m right and she''s wrong. Sort of like on the Price is Right and someone guesses a dollar more than the previous guesser.
emotion-14.gif

Hey Gwen, where in the US are you gonna be??????
Hahah, nice.
3.gif

We''ll be on the East Coast--flying into DC, visiting family and friends in PA, NJ, CT and maybe NY, and staying in MD. I can''t wait!! Soooo exited!!!!!!!!
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 2:31:32 PM
Author: musey
Soon soon sooooooooooooon!!!!!!!!!!
I surely hope so! It''s killing me that I would''ve been engaged already if I hadn''t messed it up!!
32.gif
Propose already, J! Pleeeease!
9.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Well, Watchmen is a horrible choice of a movie to watch on the day of your proposal, so I''m going to be a downer and say that it''s NOT this Saturday. So I''m going to specify my bet to March 28th. I''ll bet my fortune cookie!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s so going to happen in that little town. I can just feel it
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 4:10:14 AM

3.gif
3.gif
2.gif

LOL I could, but then poor J will be devestated and I will have that on my conscience till the end of time, plus I would have to face the wrath of the LIW
39.gif

Hrmmm if you replace "country" with town and "picnic" with Thai it kinda sounds like what I was thinking
36.gif
- a bit of a stretch but I still think it is viable
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 4:57:33 AM
Author: choro72
Well, Watchmen is a horrible choice of a movie to watch on the day of your proposal, so I''m going to be a downer and say that it''s NOT this Saturday. So I''m going to specify my bet to March 28th. I''ll bet my fortune cookie!
Is it? I know nothing about the movie (know it isn''t romantic or anything) but know that J is really excited about it. Even if it''s my least favourite movie ever, it''ll be over soon enough and then we can spend the rest of the day getting it out of my head.
3.gif
But yeah, who knows? Maybe he''ll change his mind about the movie if he does plan on proposing on Saturday....but maybe not. He''s a strange duck, my J is.
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 6:21:25 AM
Author: bee*
It''s so going to happen in that little town. I can just feel it
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Hehe, thanks, bee-star! I hope it''s then at the latest....I just want to get on with it!
3.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2009 6:35:03 AM
Date: 3/18/2009 4:10:14 AM

3.gif
3.gif
2.gif

LOL I could, but then poor J will be devestated and I will have that on my conscience till the end of time, plus I would have to face the wrath of the LIW
39.gif

Hrmmm if you replace ''country'' with town and ''picnic'' with Thai it kinda sounds like what I was thinking
36.gif
- a bit of a stretch but I still think it is viable
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It''s sort of out in the country--still fairly close to London, but far out enough to not feel city-like (that''s why I like it!). Another thought had been to go out to Windsor Castle for the day, since I had wanted to do that for my birthday, but I think it''s still a little pricey so we decided to compromise on going to this little town too.

But yeah, I mentioned wanting to do a picnic soon too....shame we''re so far from Grantchester. Remember my photos from here? I think that''s the PERFECT place to have a picnic and so so romantic for a proposal...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results