shape
carat
color
clarity

Taking Bets: When Will Gwen and J Get Engaged?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
For those of you who haven''t been reading the last page or two of my "If You Got To Choose" thread, things seem to be moving very quickly towards me being engaged, and I thought I turn it into a bit of a game for everyone.
1.gif

The highlights, in chronological order (starting from Wednesday):

--he''s asked me if I like champagne
--he''s asked if he "needs to ask my parents for permission"
--telling me he was originally going to propose on my birthday (the 12th), but then I messed it up!
--telling me he had an even better idea for a proposal and would make it more special
--telling me that he''s told his parents we''ll be engaged "imminently"

Also, know that on April 1st (no trick
2.gif
) we''re flying out to the US for 2 1/2 weeks to see my family and friends, so that''s *probably* the outside date....I''d be surprised if he wanted to fly with the ring in his pocket, but who knows?

So! Place your bets. What day do you think he will propose?
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Before Monday the 23rd of March. So 9 or less days. Since I said 10 days or less yesterday and all.

And I'm holding firm at $0.50.
3.gif

ETA: do I have to be more specific?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Meh, you could be as specific or non-specific as you want. Just figured it'd be fun to turn it into a game!
2.gif

I would like him to do it tonight, but I'm not sure if he will do it this weekend since he's working both this morning/early afternoon and tomorrow again, same hours. Plus we're supposed to go out to a blues club tonight with some friends for my birthday....but he knows I'm not 100% set on going, so...dunno.

chocolatefudge

Shiny_Rock
Ooooo Gwen!! I say tonight! I think hes tricking you about the blues club and will really take you somewhere else for a surprise proposal!!
36.gif

Sorry about all the exclamation marks but it''s very exciting
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I''d love it if it''s tonight!!
36.gif
Whatever he wants to do, I''m not going to get in the way...*this* time, haha.
3.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 6:05:23 AM
Author: gwendolyn
Whatever he wants to do, I'm not going to get in the way...*this* time, haha.
3.gif

Wow, this is awesome. It seems as if some men can find it a very difficult occasion, with nerves stretched so tight, it is very easy for the girl to upset them!
My DH remembers the proposal as 'I thought you were going to say no! You took so long to answer? What was the problem?'
I didn't mean for it to be that way... I wasn't sure if he was serious or not, and didn't respond immediately because I didn't want to look like a fool!
9.gif

It's going to be great Gwendolyn, I hope you're soaking up the atmosphere in this special 'count-down' time!!
36.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
***DUST***

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tonight. And I like my suggestion (from elsewhere) but I wouldn''t do it just in case it scares him off.

You know, this is such a lovely change from him being a MIW, to you actually being a LIW. I am just so so so excited for you my dear!!!!

19.gif
26.gif
3.gif
36.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I get the feeling he''s enjoying leaving me in the dark on this. Damn his eyes!
3.gif

Thanks for the dust, Trill!
1.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 6:37:02 AM
Author: LaraOnline
Date: 3/14/2009 6:05:23 AM

Author: gwendolyn

Whatever he wants to do, I''m not going to get in the way...*this* time, haha.
3.gif

Wow, this is awesome. It seems as if some men can find it a very difficult occasion, with nerves stretched so tight, it is very easy for the girl to upset them!

My DH remembers the proposal as ''I thought you were going to say no! You took so long to answer? What was the problem?''

I didn''t mean for it to be that way... I wasn''t sure if he was serious or not, and didn''t respond immediately because I didn''t want to look like a fool!
9.gif

It''s going to be great Gwendolyn, I hope you''re soaking up the atmosphere in this special ''count-down'' time!!
36.gif
Haha, oh dear, Lara, that doesn''t sound like especially romantic memories he has of the proposal! But it does make sense if he was all stressed about it and you didn''t respond the way he thought you would. Just watch, that sort of thing will happen with J and me--I don''t seem to have this engagement thing down very well.
3.gif

As for the countdown, I am absolutely enjoying it! It''s not often things are a surprise for me, so this is really fun and exciting for me.
9.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Aww, Gwen, how exciting!! I''m so glad you feel ready for this step. You don''t think he''ll wait to ask your parents in person (if indeed you told him he needed to ask them?) I think that would be pretty special - proposing while you''re near your friends and family. Either way, it''ll be soon! Hooray!!

(And, Freke, you''re not kidding about not sleeping. Go to bed, young lady!!)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 7:05:57 AM
Author: TheBigT
(And, Freke, you're not kidding about not sleeping. Go to bed, young lady!!)
Yes'm!!!

And yes, that means I'm still awake. Ugh. This is why I shouldn't be allowed to take naps in the middle of the day!!!

Going to bed now (to read a book and decompress) so I can fall asleep quicker!!!!! And good morning East Coasters!!!!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 7:08:46 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Date: 3/14/2009 7:05:57 AM

Author: TheBigT

(And, Freke, you''re not kidding about not sleeping. Go to bed, young lady!!)

Yes''m!!!

And yes, that means I''m still awake. Ugh. This is why I shouldn''t be allowed to take naps in the middle of the day!!!

Going to bed now (to read a book and decompress) so I can fall asleep quicker!!!!! And good morning East Coasters!!!!

don''t feel bad Freke, I haven''t slept either...
12.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Whoops, wrong thread.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I vote March 18, because 18 is twice my lucky number and this is plan #2.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll guess tonight, too! No real reason except that I want it to happen soon!
1.gif
So exciting!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Friday the 20th
9.gif

so excited I came to PS looking for Gwen''s thread even though my brother and his wife are here visiting. AND I rarely post on the weekends!!!

Can''t wait to hear the news lovey!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know but I am SUPER excited for you!!!!
9.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to say April 3rd. I''m betting he''ll do it with some sort of familial involvement/surprise. I am saying this because my engagement happened on the trip to visit my family overseas in February. Also, I''ll bet a dollar.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I want to say March 30. Because it''s before you guys fly out, plus that''s when I get back and if you get engaged then, I can congratulate you right away (and you know that''s important, right???
5.gif
)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooh this is so exciting! I loved the lead up to my engagement. It was brilliant! I''d say that he''ll do it before you fly home so that you can tell everyone.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m awake now.

Has he proposed yet?
3.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
im placing bets on the place ride there on april 1! lol

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''m going to guess the day before you leave for the U.S.

I just have to say that I am so, SO excited for you, Gwen! Things have just been going really well for you with the job and finally getting to live with him intead of having a LDR--I think getting engaged and getting to spend 2.5 weeks here with your family is just icing on the cake! Yay for you, Gwen!!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I''m guessing it will be the day you leave! But, how flipping exciting! Yay, Gwen!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going be even more vague and say before you guys leave
3.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, Gwennie, I''m so excited for you! I vote for March 21, just ''cause my eyes went there first when I looked at my calendar. I seriously cannot wait to hear your good news.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:04:25 PM
Author: Skippy123
I don't know but I am SUPER excited for you!!!!
9.gif

Yah me too!
36.gif
Yipyip KGwen!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
WHAT ABOUT ON THE PLANE, via the flight attendant''s/pilot''s loudspeaker? Sorry about the caps, I just get too excited thinking about this stuff.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:04:25 PM
Author: Skippy123
I don''t know but I am SUPER excited for you!!!!
9.gif
Oh me too Gwen. Maybe tonight???
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results