shape
carat
color
clarity

Take your pick

triumph

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I'm a couple of steps closer to finding the right e-ring combo and putting it all together in my head. Quite fun :)
Many many thanks to thbmok for posting her ring, it's amazing, and just the style I have been looking for. Ha, never thought I would be the sort of bloke that would say how amazing someones ring is. You're all starting to rub off on me I think.
So the ring is a BGD - Sara and the diamond I was thinking of putting in is a BDG - 1.2ct J VS2 Quadex with a hint of fluro.
It might seem like a minor point. But I can't make a decision on the prongs. I'm hoping everyone here with their superior sense of fashion and style will be able to help me out. Originally I had my heart set on the double prongs. That was the one thing I was certain of...now I'm not so sure. I've found a few photos of princess cuts with different prongs and put them onto the Sara ring to try to help me get an idea. It was hard to find a photo of a princess with double prongs that I could paste onto the original, but the results are below.

What do you think. I know it's all pretty subjective, but which of these do you like better? I like the bottom two the most, not sure if the double prongs on the third one make it look a little too busy and take away from the stone and ring itself? Or am I just thinking too much.

Look forward to hearing what you think :)

which.JPG

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally- looks alone I like the last picture, but I am not sure about princess cuts and corners chipping so I would go for the setting that was most secure while at the same time most pleasing to theveye.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I agree with Amy on both points. If the last setting is "safe" for the stone, I prefer that, but if not, you'd be better going with whatever will secure your stone the best.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also much prefer the last picture with the single prongs.... since your Quadex has cut corners, single prongs should safely secure your stone, and I think the single prongs also best complement the stone shape and the simple elegance of that tapered setting.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 4th then the 3rd.

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Just scrolling through quickly I was immediately drawn to the 4th one as well. If it is safe for the diamond I would chose this one. My second choice would also be number 3.

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Just scrolling through quickly I was immediately drawn to the 4th one as well. If it is safe for the diamond I would chose this one. My second choice would also be number 3.

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
Another vote for the 4th. The rest take away too much from the main stone IMO.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I think I stand alone in saying I like #3. Seems unique, but I'm not as familiar with the security issues discussed.

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
+1 #4

BTW, good choice. ;-)

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like # 3 and # 4. I too would be concerned # 4 would be secure enough. The ring will be very pretty.

E B

Ideal_Rock
#4!

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
#4 for sure. Other settings draw attention to the prongs- you want them to be unobtrusive so your beautiful stone is the star!

triumph

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your suggestions and preferences. I think #3 would have come out better in peoples minds if I had managed to find a nicer photo to paste over the top of the original photo. That said, I think you are right in saying that number four best complements the stone and setting. I think the tapered corners of the quadex will be fine with the single prongs. I'll double check to be sure though.
Right, now to get the ball rolling :)

Thanks again. I'll post updates when there is something new to show or ask :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see the finished product!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck!

I voted #4 too, by far :sun:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results