shape
carat
color
clarity

Takahashi Purchase Experience

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have some pictures. First of all, don't try to open the box with a knife, because chances are you will stab your finger and it will bleed like crazy! I'm just so lazy sometimes.
My pictures suck. Every dark surface I tried has cat hair. :oops2: I used a lint roller on something so I could take pictures, then the damn cat came and rolled all over it.

The grape bunch is truly stunning! Multiple Akoyas with diamonds trailing through it. My picture doesn't do it justice. It's a little over an inch tall. I LOVE the ring! It's on my daughter's finger. The little diamonds between each pearl add a little something special.

IMG_5720.jpeg IMG_5736.jpeg

Mr. Pig!!!!! God, he's cute! The top pearl is baroque, approx. 13.5mm. Bottom is light blue, 8.5mm.

IMG_5718.jpeg IMG_5726.jpeg

Multi-colored Akoyas. It's very sweet and matches the ring. The GSS are lighter than the photo. They are gorgeous! They are well-matched, and look like balls of honey. It was ridiculously windy today, so I was nervous being outside with them, which is why they're slightly cupped in my hand, which shaded the color.
IMG_5710.jpeg IMG_5728.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5710.jpeg
    IMG_5710.jpeg
    285.5 KB · Views: 17

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The pearl strand is WOW! :kiss2: I am extremely happy with it! The color is perfect, with a pinkish tint. They have a nice luster; not the very best, but perfect for me and I love the look! They match so well in size and color, and are very clean. I'll have them restrung - I like knots. My happy surprise was the clasp - I really like it!

I couldn't get a good photo of just the strand. The cat wanted to play with it. He's a brat. The one photo is after he made another mess, so forgive the dust and fur. I couldn't get a good angle without a phone shadow, so they look graduated. They are definitely much better than the photos!

BTW, I messaged them that I received the pearls, etc. I received a reply from Kan. Who is that?

IMG_5719.jpeg

I wanted to compare them to a strand I had a friend by for me in Japan 30+ years ago. They aren't the best, but it's what I could afford. I wore them almost daily for years! My new ones have much better luster! The new strand measures 8-8.5mm and this shows the pink compared to white.

I'm already making a list for my next purchase. :twisted2:

IMG_5733.jpeg

IMG_5735.jpeg

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. The luster on that strand looks pretty darn good to me.

How do you like the goldens?

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have some pictures. First of all, don't try to open the box with a knife, because chances are you will stab your finger and it will bleed like crazy! I'm just so lazy sometimes.
My pictures suck. Every dark surface I tried has cat hair. :oops2: I used a lint roller on something so I could take pictures, then the damn cat came and rolled all over it.

The grape bunch is truly stunning! Multiple Akoyas with diamonds trailing through it. My picture doesn't do it justice. It's a little over an inch tall. I LOVE the ring! It's on my daughter's finger. The little diamonds between each pearl add a little something special.

IMG_5720.jpeg IMG_5736.jpeg

Mr. Pig!!!!! God, he's cute! The top pearl is baroque, approx. 13.5mm. Bottom is light blue, 8.5mm.

IMG_5718.jpeg IMG_5726.jpeg

Multi-colored Akoyas. It's very sweet and matches the ring. The GSS are lighter than the photo. They are gorgeous! They are well-matched, and look like balls of honey. It was ridiculously windy today, so I was nervous being outside with them, which is why they're slightly cupped in my hand, which shaded the color.
IMG_5710.jpeg IMG_5728.jpeg

Now that really is a haul and a half! My heart melted slightly at the pig - he's adorable - and the strand looks great. I would love some neck shots of the grape bunch if you have a chance at any point. It looks really striking!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, who bought the gold bird? I inquired about it and Yy told me it just sold. :lol:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
The pearl strand is WOW! :kiss2: I am extremely happy with it! The color is perfect, with a pinkish tint. They have a nice luster; not the very best, but perfect for me and I love the look! They match so well in size and color, and are very clean. I'll have them restrung - I like knots. My happy surprise was the clasp - I really like it!

I couldn't get a good photo of just the strand. The cat wanted to play with it. He's a brat. The one photo is after he made another mess, so forgive the dust and fur. I couldn't get a good angle without a phone shadow, so they look graduated. They are definitely much better than the photos!

BTW, I messaged them that I received the pearls, etc. I received a reply from Kan. Who is that?

IMG_5719.jpeg

I wanted to compare them to a strand I had a friend by for me in Japan 30+ years ago. They aren't the best, but it's what I could afford. I wore them almost daily for years! My new ones have much better luster! The new strand measures 8-8.5mm and this shows the pink compared to white.

I'm already making a list for my next purchase. :twisted2:

IMG_5733.jpeg

IMG_5735.jpeg

Everything is so beautiful! The ring and broach are lovely, and the necklace, and the GSS studs, and the pig!! I think that's everything. :mrgreen2:

The pink tint and luster on the strand are :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that ring is lovely! Everything is gorgeous, but I loooove the ring

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. As a good friend once mis-said - “you made out with a bandit!!” :bigsmile:

That strand looks fantastic!! :love: Do you have a higher-luster piece you’re comparing to? I’d love to see some photos of that comparison! And you mentioned it was AAA, is that a new grading system from Takahashi? D’you happen to know what AAA corresponds in their older/other numeric grading - #1 is the best in that system I believe?

I didn’t realize there were little diamonds in the ring! That’s lovely ❤️ And ditto @lissyflo, I’d love to see some modelling pics of the grape pendant!!

That pig is precious. Oh my goodness. I could totally see collecting a farm full of those little darlings :bigsmile:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
woooooooow!

I am so jealous, all of those are just stunning! What a gorgeous haul!! eeeee!!!

They all look so gorgeous!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the pearl love! I'm so freaking happy with everything! :kiss2:

@yssie I don't have a "good" pearl strand for comparison. I have a pair of hanadama earrings, pictured below with the strand. I had asked about the quality of the strand and was told it was equal to AAA. No mention of numbers. Maybe because I made it clear I'm an idiot, so they used a common rating term. :lol-2: I don't see any blemishes. I just see myself reflected in every single pearl.

I took pictures today outside. The grape chain is too short for me, so I didn't take a picture.

PastelPearlNecklace .jpg PastelPearlRing2.jpg

PinkAkoyaStrand2.jpg PinkAkoyaStrand.jpg
IMG_5755 copy.jpg PearlGrapes.jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the pearl love! I'm so freaking happy with everything! :kiss2:

@yssie I don't have a "good" pearl strand for comparison. I have a pair of hanadama earrings, pictured below with the strand. I had asked about the quality of the strand and was told it was equal to AAA. No mention of numbers. Maybe because I made it clear I'm an idiot, so they used a common rating term. :lol-2: I don't see any blemishes. I just see myself reflected in every single pearl.

I took pictures today outside. The grape chain is too short for me, so I didn't take a picture.

Beautiful pearls! Love the multi color necklace especially

Also extremely jealous of your beautiful blue swimming pool. I’m staring out snow drifts haha

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_5755 copy.jpg
PearlGrapes.jpg

:love::love::love::love::love::love:

About how long did delivery take?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@PinkAndBlueBling everything looks so beautiful and glowy :love: There isn’t a single flop in your whole lot of loot! Thank you for sharing more photos with us and congratulations on your collection ❤️ :appl: :love:

Will you extend the grape pendant chain? Or d’you have other plans for it? :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

A menagerie but is chaos of cuteness! Sweet way to show pearls Who knew??

I'd love a pearl serpentine. Snake or dragon stuff. Scales optional.

cheers--Sharon

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@DorotheaBrooke Shipping via FedEx, picked-up from Takahashi on January 27 and I received it February 2. Stuck in customs for a couple days. It took Takahashi about five days to get the shipment ready, including ring sizing which took a day.

@yssie I have a longer chain I'll use. I just have to find it. :lol-2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The little pig is really cute, and I would love a brooch or two, like the one with 2 birds and a cat one.

However, first thing first - a heart shaped mabe pendant, and I have sent them a message about it.

DK =)2

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
@PinkAndBlueBling - Since Saturday my tracking number has said delayed in customs (shipment requires importer's register number for clearance) but FedEx has not contacted me. I'm wondering if your delay was for the same reason and how it was resolved?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PinkAndBlueBling - Since Saturday my tracking number has said delayed in customs (shipment requires importer's register number for clearance) but FedEx has not contacted me. I'm wondering if your delay was for the same reason and how it was resolved?
I’ve dealt with a few of these issues with international shipments. I recommend contacting FedEx international yourself by phone, you’ll get an answer and an actionable solution much much faster than waiting for them to reach out. Since you’re the importer and the package is in America awaiting US clearance this may be something you can deal with and simply loop Takahashi in, vs. having them handle the primary communication (the time difference holds things up more!).

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve dealt with a few of these issues with international shipments. I recommend contacting FedEx international yourself by phone, you’ll get an answer and an actionable solution much much faster than waiting for them to reach out. Since you are the importer this may be something you can deal with and simply loop Takahashi in, vs. having them handle the primary communication (the time difference holds things up more!).

Thank you! I should have tried calling before, but I assumed I'd never reach a live person. I did now on your suggestion and FedEx said I will receive a link to input my information.

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I've also dealt with this situation from them. I think during shipping Takahashi may have put vague descriptions. I've reached out to them about it before because they may have only put "pearl product" in the declaration, and Fedex needs to know what it is and what kind of pearl it is. I had to get on the phone with them to update it to "Cultured pearl earrings" or something like that before. May be worth it to let Takahashi know to put a more specific description?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They only had one heart mabe pendant and it has been sold.

Hoping to be in the position to purchase some drop-shaped pearls from them soon!

DK :))

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@DorotheaBrooke Customs required my SS#. I had to DocuSign some paperwork via FedEx brokerage. That was on a Friday, naturally. :roll2: It took five days after I signed the paper. The tracking didn't update until the day it was delivered, fyi. SO annoying!

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
@DorotheaBrooke Customs required my SS#. I had to DocuSign some paperwork via FedEx brokerage. That was on a Friday, naturally. :roll2: It took five days after I signed the paper. The tracking didn't update until the day it was delivered, fyi. SO annoying!

So hard to wait for exciting packages. I am still waiting for the DocuSign link from FedEx. At least it's only Tuesday!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results