shape
carat
color
clarity

Takahashi Akoya 10mm Baroque

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love love love!!!!! So so so pretty!!!!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I just received a Duty and Tax invoice thru FedEx for my latest purchase from Takahashi. It's for $$71.13. I didn't receive one when I bought the pearl studs last year. Is this normal?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received a Duty and Tax invoice thru FedEx for my latest purchase from Takahashi. It's for $$71.13. I didn't receive one when I bought the pearl studs last year. Is this normal?

Yeah. Once you receive packages from an international vendor multiple times FedEx starts logging it, it seems. (Or maybe it’s also how many international packages you get. I don’t know exactly.)

You might get a bill from your state comptroller for use tax too. Same as your sales tax rate, whatever that is.

Your customs bill would have been more expensive because Takahashi strung it, so it shipped to you as “finished jewellery”. If they ship “unfinished” temp strands and/or loose unmounted pearls it’s much cheaper in my experience (in NY and MD).

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah. Once you receive packages from an international vendor multiple times FedEx starts logging it, it seems. (Or maybe it’s also how many international packages you get. I don’t know exactly.)

You might get a bill from your state comptroller for use tax too. Same as your sales tax rate, whatever that is.

Your customs bill would have been more expensive because Takahashi strung it, so it shipped to you as “finished jewellery”. If they ship “unfinished” temp strands and/or loose unmounted pearls it’s much cheaper in my experience (in NY and MD).

Thank you! I knew you would have the scoop!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_0794.jpg
The more I look at them, the more I like :)

Can I just say, I think this layering of the two different lengths / designs of diamond pendants + pearls plus your diamond halo earrings, is exquisite :kiss2:

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Can I just say, I think this layering of the two different lengths / designs of diamond pendants + pearls plus your diamond halo earrings, is exquisite :kiss2:

Well thank you! I popped the pearls on just for the picture. Too much trouble to take off the pendants, haha!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Unset pearls usually do not attract duty, only whatever local purchase tax/VAT is generally levied where you are. Once the item is finished, with a different customs code, it is liable for tax and duty.
The shipping company will have acted as your agent, declaring the goods at the border, and paying any tax or duty on your behalf. They then collect this from you (adding their own fee for doing so on top)

Reactions: Ann
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results