shape
carat
color
clarity

Tahitian ring is here :), but not sure the pearl is right?:(

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got the ring and the ring itself is beautiful! Unfortunately the pearl doesn't seem to show the pink and green peacocky colors that everyone decided was the best pearl (was not advertised as peacock color though). I contacted vendor to see if maybe wrong pearl was put in, and he insists it is and that the lighting and reflections show the colors. The only problem I have with that is that there are other pearls next to it that have the same reflections not showing those colors. I will post vendor pic and then my picture. I still am very happy happy with the ring design though :)

Original pics
pearl choices.jpg

My pics of ring and pearl
th2.jpg
th4.jpg th3.jpg
th.jpg

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the loose Tahitian pearl you selected *is* the one in the ring - as you comment, the Tahitian was not marketed as "Peacock" and even in the photo the Peacock effect is very subtle - now that it is set, I think you will notice subtle peacock colors only in certain lighting conditions (which is the norm for these types of Tahitians).

I agree with you, the ring design is fabulous, and I think/hope with time, the Tahitian and its moods will grown on you. That said, you could always approach the vendor about upgrading the pearl to a more colorful Tahitian (which would increase your cost of course).

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect pearl and perfect setting! Love it!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think the loose Tahitian pearl you selected *is* the one in the ring - as you comment, the Tahitian was not marketed as "Peacock" and even in the photo the Peacock effect is very subtle - now that it is set, I think you will notice subtle peacock colors only in certain lighting conditions (which is the norm for these types of Tahitians).

I agree with you, the ring design is fabulous, and I think/hope with time, the Tahitian and its moods will grown on you. That said, you could always approach the vendor about upgrading the pearl to a more colorful Tahitian (which would increase your cost of course).
Thank you for the reply :). Actually it is only the second day wearing it and it has already grown on me :)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've noticed my Tahitians reflect the clothes I'm wearing, my skin, and even nearby walls, especially if they are particularly lustrous.

In the first photo every pearl has a bit of pink, but the second pearl shows more, being more sharply lustrous and reflective. Perhaps the pink that appears in the pearl is not so much from the pearl itself but rather from the area around the pearl, or the seller's clothes.

That being said, the ring is really beautiful with that pearl!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's really beautiful!

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the nice comments :). Yes I have noticed that this pearl reflects what I am wearing or even my skin and stuff around me. When wearing it I see a pink ring around it from what I can assume is my skin, but I love how it looks :) and has grown on me. The pearl is a lustrous as in the first photo, but my camera sucks so it doesn't show it as reflective as I see in person :)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad it's growing on you! I have a similar looking cultured tahitian and the colors I see really depend on the lighting. When I first got it I thought it was grey but then noticed the greens and pinks which are hard to capture in photographs. Enjoy!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lighter than the picture of it unset. With that said, it is still beautiful.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s stunning :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the chorus of beautiful ring. Lustrous and Tahitianlicious.:love:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the chorus of beautiful ring. Lustrous and Tahitianlicious.:love:

Missy, I will never get tired of you using your, "luscious"-isms !!!
I love it; your way of stamping your delight or approval is completely adorable! :kiss2:
I love seeing everyones little PS quirks!

Btw I see what you mean @userangl28212003 , but I agree with others in that I think tahitians are just SO moody!
I have a circled Tahitian on a leather cord bracelet that has a pinky-purple tone. Although in 90% of lighting it shows its pinky/purple disposition, oddly, in the direct scorching NM summer sunlight it shows more greenish gray?!
They're strange but beautiful moody gals!
Enjoy your lovely pearl!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They also photograph very differently based on different light qualities. For reference there is a vendor vs real life thread on Tahitians to help people judge what to expect. Most of mine look pretty gun metal grey in direct light. It’s only in filtered light (like a light box) that the overtones tent to pop out.

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They also photograph very differently based on different light qualities. For reference there is a vendor vs real life thread on Tahitians to help people judge what to expect. Most of mine look pretty gun metal grey in direct light. It’s only in filtered light (like a light box) that the overtones tent to pop out.
Thanks for the response :). I don't have a light box to look at the pearl with. I do some slight overtones when in indirect sunlight, but for the most part it look shiny gray to me unless it reflecting the colors of the surrounding area such as the brick wall like in my pictures.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The pearl is so beautiful and what a creative ring! Do you mind sharing the vendor?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was in Tahiti last summer and did not see very many of these pearls of such high quality. Most were very silver in color with not a high luster and very overpriced. It is beautiful-enjoy!

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to say that I love your ring! So unique and the pearl is beautiful!

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pearl colour is often elusive. I decided, while in Hong Kong, a couple of years ago that I would set myself to collecting single loose pink and pale pistachio green tahitians to make myself a necklace I take out the ones I have every so often and sometimes, depending on the light conditions at that moment, they are pink, green, or just muddy grey!

bigcatinTX

Rough_Rock
I got the ring and the ring itself is beautiful! Unfortunately the pearl doesn't seem to show the pink and green peacocky colors that everyone decided was the best pearl (was not advertised as peacock color though). I contacted vendor to see if maybe wrong pearl was put in, and he insists it is and that the lighting and reflections show the colors. The only problem I have with that is that there are other pearls next to it that have the same reflections not showing those colors. I will post vendor pic and then my picture. I still am very happy happy with the ring design though :)

Original pics
pearl choices.jpg

th2.jpg
th4.jpg th3.jpg
th.jpg
Such a stunning ring! I would like to see more picture of the details...do you mind to take pictures of this ring? It's just so artistic!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Original pics
pearl choices.jpg

th2.jpg
th4.jpg th3.jpg
th.jpg

exquisite ring
it actually looks much more pretty on your finger than it does on its website

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results