shape
carat
color
clarity

tacori semi-mount question?

tacoritoes

Rough_Rock
hello everyone, i am new to the forum as well as new to all things ering/diamond related! some bg info... my fiance and i recently got engaged and picked out a tacori 2628rdp setting for my ering using a .88ct round cut diamond passed down to us. we went through a local authorized tacori jeweler and the sales lady was very knowledgeable and helpful throughout the process. my ering was to be customized/proportioned to fit my center stone and would be ready next month to mount.

so here come my question... after much lurking on pricescope i recently learned that considering my stone size, i may end up with a petite version of my dream setting. i have a 3.5/3.75 ring size and am concerned on how this will end up? i tried on the model and believe it was a little over 1.5ct in store. any info/images/experience on this sort? obviously i would prefer it to be proportioned as i wouldn't want the side stones to turn out incomparable to the center, however i'm still a tad worried and a complete newb in this department.

here's a link to the setting. http://cdn.tacori.com/images/jewelry/2628RDP_multi.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
In my experience petite versions of settings are usually used on stones under 1 carat but not always. Since you are unsure, I'd suggest calling the store and see what is on the order, it should say whether it's petite or the larger. That's a beautiful Tacori ring though and I'd probably trust Tacori's recommendation for your stone.

tacoritoes

Rough_Rock
throughout the whole process up to finalizing, my jeweler never mentioned the phrase "petite". only proportions and how tacori would work to accommodate my stone size in the overall appearance. i stumbled upon another pricescoper's similar issue while lurking then came to realize there were different categories i guess you could say?

does anyone know if there is there somewhere on the web where we can view a comparison of the average ct size it was meant for regular and a petite version? or is anyone has a petite version of any tacori we can view and how it measures to the original?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll see if I can hunt down some pictures for you but please do not worry about it. Usually the difference b/t a petite version is very tiny. For example, the michael b petite ring is 2mm where the regular is 2.2. It will not change the appearance of your ring at all and if anything the petite will compliment your stone more IMO.

ETA: okay, reading further it appears the petite version does have smaller sidestones, which probably would change the over all look of the ring. I'd still say that I'd want the recommended petite size to compliment your stone, especially if you tried on the regular with a 1.5 carat diamond. I'd think the side stones of the regular might look too big next to your center where the petite will look perfectly proportioned.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good find, MrsS! Gosh, you need to get that straightened out immediately because there is a BIG price difference between the two rings! Can you tell by the pricing if they indeed did order you the petite version? Because I agree with Mrs S that that is what you need for that size center stone.

tacoritoes

Rough_Rock
thanks for finding this! from pricing, we're definitely much closer to the petite range. i suppose my main concern is finger coverage, as i initially fell in love with how the original looked when i tried it on. i should probably stop the constant googling of my setting until it finally arrives, so i won't build up any more concerns. however, i'm just so anxious and excited at the same time! thanks for understanding, this is a whole new world to me!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try not to worry. Your ring is not going to look as big as the 1.5 with the sides but with your small finger size the ring will still provide adequate coverage. I think it's going to be beautiful though!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, to be totally honest a .90ct stone in a properly scaled version of that setting simply will not look the same as the 1.5ct stone did! The sample was double the ct. weight. So there is an element of reality you just need to embrace about your own ring :))

That said, I am sure it will be a lovely ring and you will adore it. In terms of finger coverage, you are talking a difference of maybe a mm or two in either direction. Nothing drastic. You will have a nice, substantial looking ring! It just won't look like the 1.5 did 8)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are working through a authorized dealer, Tacori will send a sample ring in your proportions to them. You just have to ask.
Most people have a hard time visualizing the changes. That is what I would do, just so you know exactly what you are getting!

The ring will come with a cz but you will be able to try it on!

CW2424

Rough_Rock
Hello! Congrats on your purchase! I just went through the same process (with the Tacori 2628) and got the Petite Mount; I am completely satisfied with the ring - the proportions are great and it helps make the center stone look more prominent (I don't think it would stand out as much if you were to have bigger stones surrounding the center). I have a 1.0 center emerald cut.

I just posted some pictures and some comments on my experience here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-engaged-tacori-e-ring.161726/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-engaged-tacori-e-ring.161726/[/URL]

Feel free to ask any questions you might have about the process, but in my experience, I was completely impressed and satisfied with the level of service and the quality of the ring. I am sure you will be too.

Congrats again and try not to worry! I know the hardest part for me was the 4 week waiting period while Tacori was busy crafting the ring!

nsgirl

Rough_Rock
hi, i'm also considering a tacori 2628 petite with an heirloom diamond that is a .7 carat size. Do you mind posting some pics of how your tacori turned out, I'd love to see the final product.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results