shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori eternity ring -- am I crazy?

plm242

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! First time poster, long time lurker.

To make a long story short, I've always wanted an eternity ring as my engagement ring rather than a solitaire -- I just love the look of it. (Also, I plan to make it double as a wedding band, so I'll wear only a single ring on that finger.) We went ring shopping recently and I fell in love with Tacori. We ended up customizing a Dantela 2630BLGP (added milgrain). The ring just came in, and of course it's GORGEOUS. I love it, and I'm going to love it regardless! I'm just curious about a possible tweak to it, or if I'm just seeing things.

Here is my totally strange question:

When I look down at my hand, sometimes it seems to me that there is more metal visible from an aerial view than most Tacori eternity rings. I feel like on other rings, it looks like the diamonds run right up to either the side of the ring/milgrain if it has it. On mine however, it kind of seems like there's a small "expanse" of platinum before the milgrain ridge ends the ring on either side. It's also a tiny, tiny bit wider than most other 2630's. (They are listed as 2.5mm, and this ring is 2.7 or 2.8mm. Microscropic, I know. But I'm wondering if that's enough to be noticeable.) I'm attaching a few pictures of the ring for reference.

I'm going to see the jeweler in a week or two to ask her if it's possible to slim the ring down to 2.5 mm, which would remove this extra metal. But in the meantime -- does this make sense/what am I seeing, or is slimming the ring any more impossible???? :)

I'd love to see pics of everyone else's Tacori eternity rings on their fingers from the top view!

Thank you!

ring_237.jpg

img_3023_2.jpg

img_10487.jpg

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
hi - pretty ring. I think I know what you mean, but I am pretty sure Tacori will void any warranty on ring if a jeweler "touches" it, so just look into that. and good luck!! :pray:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful band but I do see what you're talking about. My Tacori half eternity only shows milgrain along the edge. It seems strange/unlike Tacori to have that extra metal that isn't milgrained. It's been awhile since I've tried on different Tacori bands but I don't recall anything like what yours is showing. I would definitely contact your jeweller.

In the meantime...

_335.jpeg

_341.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a pretty ring but I see what you mean too. I like the milgrain look of maccer's ring better (not sure if you do). If you like it
better I would take that picture in and tell them you want the milgrain like that. That you dont like seeing all the plain metal.

I like the idea it's a little wider because you are using it for a stand a lone ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely prefer a wider band for a standalone ring. It looks like they did really tiny milgrain. I don't know if they could make that larger or not. But I wouldn't want the band narrower.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I see what you mean. Can you post a macro image maybe? It looks like there's almost an extra "channel" of smooth metal that should have been milgrained and the outer edge removed...yknow? I feel like it was a manufacture error.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results