Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori eternity ring -- am I crazy?

plm242

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone! First time poster, long time lurker.

To make a long story short, I've always wanted an eternity ring as my engagement ring rather than a solitaire -- I just love the look of it. (Also, I plan to make it double as a wedding band, so I'll wear only a single ring on that finger.) We went ring shopping recently and I fell in love with Tacori. We ended up customizing a Dantela 2630BLGP (added milgrain). The ring just came in, and of course it's GORGEOUS. I love it, and I'm going to love it regardless! I'm just curious about a possible tweak to it, or if I'm just seeing things.

Here is my totally strange question:

When I look down at my hand, sometimes it seems to me that there is more metal visible from an aerial view than most Tacori eternity rings. I feel like on other rings, it looks like the diamonds run right up to either the side of the ring/milgrain if it has it. On mine however, it kind of seems like there's a small "expanse" of platinum before the milgrain ridge ends the ring on either side. It's also a tiny, tiny bit wider than most other 2630's. (They are listed as 2.5mm, and this ring is 2.7 or 2.8mm. Microscropic, I know. But I'm wondering if that's enough to be noticeable.) I'm attaching a few pictures of the ring for reference.

I'm going to see the jeweler in a week or two to ask her if it's possible to slim the ring down to 2.5 mm, which would remove this extra metal. But in the meantime -- does this make sense/what am I seeing, or is slimming the ring any more impossible???? :)

I'd love to see pics of everyone else's Tacori eternity rings on their fingers from the top view!

Thank you!

ring_237.jpg

img_3023_2.jpg

img_10487.jpg

Cinderella

Shiny_Rock
Premium
hi - pretty ring. I think I know what you mean, but I am pretty sure Tacori will void any warranty on ring if a jeweler "touches" it, so just look into that. and good luck!! :pray:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful band but I do see what you're talking about. My Tacori half eternity only shows milgrain along the edge. It seems strange/unlike Tacori to have that extra metal that isn't milgrained. It's been awhile since I've tried on different Tacori bands but I don't recall anything like what yours is showing. I would definitely contact your jeweller.

In the meantime...

_335.jpeg

_341.jpeg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a pretty ring but I see what you mean too. I like the milgrain look of maccer's ring better (not sure if you do). If you like it
better I would take that picture in and tell them you want the milgrain like that. That you dont like seeing all the plain metal.

I like the idea it's a little wider because you are using it for a stand a lone ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely prefer a wider band for a standalone ring. It looks like they did really tiny milgrain. I don't know if they could make that larger or not. But I wouldn't want the band narrower.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I see what you mean. Can you post a macro image maybe? It looks like there's almost an extra "channel" of smooth metal that should have been milgrained and the outer edge removed...yknow? I feel like it was a manufacture error.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Diamond Jewelry For 4th Of July Quarantine Celebrations
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Fancy Greyish Yellowish Green Diamond
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.