shape
carat
color
clarity

Table/Depth?

adelaideguy

Rough_Rock
Thought I was on track to learning most I need to know about diamonds but now I start hearing about tables and depths and I'm confused again. Does this seem good?

Measurements
5.63 - 5.66 x 3.42 mm
Carat Weight
0.67 carat
Color Grade
E
Clarity Grade
VS1
Cut Grade
Excellent

Depth
60.6 %
Table
58 %
Crown Angle
35.0°
Crown Height
14.5%
Pavilion Angle
40.6°
Pavilion Depth
42.5%
Star Length
50%
Lower Half
75%
Girdle
Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet
None
Polish
Excellent
Symmetry
Excellent
Fluorescence
Medium Blue

It's going for $3700 AUD, will put it on a 6 prong solitaire.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
adelaideguy|1459472982|4013977 said:
The other option is this one

http://www2.jogiadiamonds.com.au/images/certs/J8996652.jpg

0.65 instead of 0.67
F instead of E
VVS2 instead of VS1
Ideal instead of excellent

For $200 less...

No this one is not ideal, it is still GIA Excellent cut. Be sure to go by the grading report and not by how a jeweler labels it.

These are measurements to help you stay in ideal cut territory with a GIA excellent cut stone. Your first diamond falls within these measurements. Therefore, I would choose the first stone, personally.

table: 54-58

depth: 60-62.3

crown angle: 34-35.0

pavilion angle: 40.6-40.9 (sometimes 41.0 if the crown angle is close to 34)

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Hello
I found the two stones you posted and the arrows photo for the E looks nicer than the F. Jogia will provide idealscope and cut analysis when they call the stone in so you should be well looked after.

Would you consider a G VS2? Found a nice one on the Jogia site at $3320 AUD.

e_vs1.jpg

f_vvs2.jpg

adelaideguy

Rough_Rock
What size? I think I'd prefer an E or F however

ADN

Shiny_Rock
Trade
adelaideguy|1459472982|4013977 said:
The other option is this one

http://www2.jogiadiamonds.com.au/images/certs/J8996652.jpg

0.65 instead of 0.67
F instead of E
VVS2 instead of VS1
Ideal instead of excellent

For $200 less...

Hey mate - I can't comment on the diamonds specifically as I'm in the trade (full disclosure this is also my competition).
But I can make a few general comments you might find helpful.
Regarding colour/clarity - In general, you aren't going to see any colour in a G - you could probably even get away with an H colour if it's at the top end of the colour scale - if you were to put an E/F/G together, you'd be hard pressed to see a face-up colour difference. Also, with clarity, VVS is a bit of overkill (unless you can't stand the thought of any inclusions whether they're visible or not). VS2 (especially in this size) is pretty much going to be eye-clean - and eye-clean SI1s are very common and good value as well.
You can probably drop down a bit in these characteristics to save a few quid (without sacrificing anything in the face-up appearance of the stone), which in turn (if you're interested) could be put towards a slightly larger carat weight - you could probably move up into the 3/4 carat range if you play around with just these two characteristics.
Regarding the table and depth, you're getting some good advice from other non-trade members here, so if you work within the parameters being suggested, you should be able to get a pretty schmick stone - - just keep in mind that it's about balancing the parameters, so if something falls slightly outside of what is being recommended here, don't automatically dismiss it, you might just need a bit more info to see if it balances ok.
Hope this helps

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
istase2000|1459475597|4014000 said:
Hello
I found the two stones you posted and the arrows photo for the E looks nicer than the F. Jogia will provide idealscope and cut analysis when they call the stone in so you should be well looked after.

Very helpful to see images! These do confirm that the E is better cut!

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1459479128|4014017 said:
istase2000|1459475597|4014000 said:
Hello

Very helpful to see images! These do confirm that the E is better cut!
:angel: Definitely!

The G VS2 is also 0.65. Although I don't think a stone that size will show colour in E or G, definitely go for what you are comfortable with!

I just thought the images appeared very nice - what do you think Diamondseeker?

g_1.jpg

g_vs2_0.jpg

g_vs2_2.jpg

_36909.jpg

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ADN|1459478225|4014013 said:
just keep in mind that it's about balancing the parameters, so if something falls slightly outside of what is being recommended here, don't automatically dismiss it, you might just need a bit more info to see if it balances ok.

Indeed.

And (with no comment on any diamond you or anyone else has suggested) the light performance images (ASET and Ideal-Scope) are going to tell you much more about how those parameters function together than the numbers on the paper which are simply rounded averages of many different measurements.

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
No point in blacking out the GIA number at top of report if you do not also black out Inscription: at bottom as well :bigsmile:

mcosme

Shiny_Rock
Sphene|1459496110|4014062 said:
No point in blacking out the GIA number at top of report if you do not also black out Inscription: at bottom as well :bigsmile:
oh dear :wall: :saint:
I totally missed that!

gr8leo87

Shiny_Rock
As with any diamond - you would need the diamond image and light performance image to judge the performance of the diamond. This is really important - and especially important and if parameters are slightly out of those recommended ranges.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results