shape
carat
color
clarity

Suspicious dealer - no certification?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Springles

Rough_Rock
I''m a little bit jealous of all of you working with Internet retailers, because the level of satisfaction that you are reporting is amazing.

I posted earlier about a GIA short cert that was neither a full report nor a dossier. I called the dealer and asked for the dossier, and the salesperson whom I talked to on the phone says that they don''t have it (and this makes two now!), and that they''d have to send out the stone to get one. I have a small piece of paper with which to make a decision.

Now, this paper says: "Inscription: GIA 12639728" which leads me to believe that the diamond is laser-inscribed, but I called to ask, and the salesperson couldn''t find it with a 10x loupe. Now I know that given the size of the stone (0.62 ct) that the inscription might be too small to be seen with a 10x loupe, that I might need a 20x loupe or 30x scope to see it. I''m thinking of combining my 10x and their 10x, in hopes of finding it -- this is the only hope of assuring that the diamond matches its pedigree (and accompanying price tag!).

Is it possible that they might say that there''s an inscription when there really isn''t? I''m thinking of driving out to the dealer now to find this inscription, but I know that they don''t (usually) laser-inscribe their diamonds so I wouldn''t expect anything unless "Inscription" on the GIA mini-cert means that there is a laser inscription on the diamond.

And here is an image of the document I have (thanks to Elmo for clarifying what it was):

report.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id just pass and move on.
There are way too many diamonds and dealers out there to waste time on one that cant/wont give you what you need to make a decision.
The ones that do not provide exellent customer service no matter how big or small the purchase need to be drivin out of business.
Dont give them your money!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Springles....there's no need to be jealous. You haven't yet bought, so it's not too late to change your mind and work with one of the vendors here.

Look, this is twice now with this vendor that something seems "not right". Listen to your gut instinct......it's giving you a warning....pay attention to it.

There are too many other vendors, online and offline, that you can deal with confidently....there is just no need to settle for this. If there are this many missteps prior to purchase, what's going to happen after the purchase?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------[/quote]

I concur. Is there a reason why you feel compelled to work with them?

DEVO

Rough_Rock
ok... 2 threads on this... why are you dealing with them again?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results