shape
carat
color
clarity

Super small wedding ideas

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
UPDATE!!!

Ok, so SO and I were talking over the weekend. We went over to the clubhouse for a drink and talked about getting married there as we were checking out the view (which is gorgeous, BTW). He announced he does NOT want to get married there. He says it is too close to home, the neighbors will see us, we go over there all the time so it doesn't have that "special" feel like someplace else would.

So I searched around on line, he made a few area suggestions that are about 1 hr to 1.5 hrs away from us, but still reasonable driving. I thought of one place that has always been one of those places I would LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE to get married at but had forgot all about. As a matter of fact, it had been suggested as a choice the first time I got married, but I never even went to see it because a.) it was too far from the college chapel where we got married and b.) it was WAAAAAAY expensive (however, entirely different to pay for *4* than it is to pay for 90!)

I was all excited and ready to tell you guys, but I was trying to figure out if the logistics were even feasible. My one concern is my dog, my little baby. I had kind of been hoping to have him at/in the ceremony, and wanted a place (even if it was just the beach) that could have him. And I don't really trust too many people to take care of him, and as that will likely fall to my mom and dad on wedding night, I was not sure this could work. I figured it could possibly be feasible for them to go back home in the evening and we could stay the night and depart for the honeymoon the next day (also considering wedding in Aug or Sept instead of Oct and taking the honeymoon in Oct but not sure I want to do that). But guess, what, this place is dog friendly!

So, without further ado.............this is my new idea and I hope I can work it out. I think something during the week will be possible as I imagine weekends are probably already booked.....

http://www.perrycabin.com/web/omic/inn_at_perry_cabin.jsp

BROWNIE/BONUS Points if any of you lovely LIWs can tell me what movie this is from!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! Looks like the estate from Wedding Crashers!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1336485091|3190052 said:
Beautiful!!! Looks like the estate from Wedding Crashers!

Audball, I knew I could count on you! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yes, it is!!! :naughty: :naughty:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Well I have only seen that movie more times than I can count....I think I watch it every time it comes on tv!

What a gorgeous place to get married!! I'm so jealous that there isn't anything like that in Florida. :(

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
audball|1336485293|3190058 said:
Well I have only seen that movie more times than I can count....I think I watch it every time it comes on tv!

What a gorgeous place to get married!! I'm so jealous that there isn't anything like that in Florida. :(

Ha ha, I love it too. I am just beyond excited now that the idea has come to me and it fixes the dog situation. Plus it is reasonable driving for my parents, so if my dad does not feel up to staying the night, they can drive back to their house and take my dog with them.

Now I just have to figure out what month and go talk to someone about the details to get it started. Their website says weddings for as small as 20 people. But seeing as how they have a restaurant, we could just eat there, and they have beautiful grounds, so I would think they could accomodate our small ceremony.

I am SURE there must be something as beautiful in Florida, but maybe just different...

audball

Ideal_Rock
The only things that are super pretty with nice views are ON the beach. The beach isn't really our thing (despite living here). I do NOT want to get married on the beach. And actually with the HOT HOT HOT HUMID weather in Florida where it RAINS every.single.day in the summer (when we are likely to wed) I wouldn't even consider an outdoor venue. And I haven't found anything that is super beautiful (like SF City Hall) on the INSIDE here, or hell, even up to Georgia. Sigh.

I really hope they accommodate your wedding of four!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
that's a gorgeous venue!!!! I was totally going to guess Wedding Crashers, (even from the name alone, I just had a feeling hehe) but audball beat me to it!! I hope they are able to accommodate you, that would be such an amazing wedding.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
Well, it says that they have a gazebo othe water, and they can do showers, luncheons, cocktails, etc, any intimate event you need, so I would *think* and *hope* that as long as I was middle of the week, I could get it. The summer season for them ends Sept 6, which would be Labor Day I guess, but winter rates don't start till November. Regardless, I am going to hope that middle of the week will change things in my favor, ESP as how a ceremony is only but so long. I wonder if they would do a table on the lawn or in the gazebo for the four of us to eat? Instead of the restaurant?

I have to look at my calendar and pick some possible dates then schedule an appt over there! =)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1336494579|3190135 said:
Well, it says that they have a gazebo othe water, and they can do showers, luncheons, cocktails, etc, any intimate event you need, so I would *think* and *hope* that as long as I was middle of the week, I could get it. The summer season for them ends Sept 6, which would be Labor Day I guess, but winter rates don't start till November. Regardless, I am going to hope that middle of the week will change things in my favor, ESP as how a ceremony is only but so long. I wonder if they would do a table on the lawn or in the gazebo for the four of us to eat? Instead of the restaurant?

I have to look at my calendar and pick some possible dates then schedule an appt over there! =)
Awesome! Only one way to know for sure!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ph:

OMG! I've been quietly stalking your wedding thread and had to comment about the Inn at Perry Cabin. I'm OBSESSED with Saint-Michaels. I read a trilogy of books based on a fictional town on the Chesapeake Bay. In any case, after researching the topic, the author revealed that Saint-Michaels was her inspiration. I'm bound and determined to visit, and had listed the Inn at Perry Cabin as my top choice to stay overnight. It looks so beautiful and calm. I hope you get married there. Fingers crossed that they can work with your vision!

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
allycat0303|1336507814|3190356 said:
Ph:

OMG! I've been quietly stalking your wedding thread and had to comment about the Inn at Perry Cabin. I'm OBSESSED with Saint-Michaels. I read a trilogy of books based on a fictional town on the Chesapeake Bay. In any case, after researching the topic, the author revealed that Saint-Michaels was her inspiration. I'm bound and determined to visit, and had listed the Inn at Perry Cabin as my top choice to stay overnight. It looks so beautiful and calm. I hope you get married there. Fingers crossed that they can work with your vision!
Was it Nora Roberts by chance? I am pretty sure she has written a bunch of books featuring the area, but maybe it is someone else. It really is a beautiful town, very quaint, so if you do get a chance to visit, I highly recommend!!

I feel like I have made such progress thinking of this place and now I just need to work on putting it together.

Ladies, any thoughts re August, Sept or Oct? If it is Oct it will be early Oct.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Phdecorate|1336494579|3190135 said:

That would be cool! Does it have lodging too? Would it be weird if your parents stayed there as well?

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Phdecorate|1336485113|3190053 said:

my first thought: "get married on a boat. Get married on a boat! GET MARRIED ON A BOAT!!! GETMARRIEDONABOATGETMARRIEDONABOATGETMARRIEDONABOATGETMARRIEDONABOAT"

... please get married on a boat.

Maybe I should get married on a boat...

so pretty

audball

Ideal_Rock
nicstx|1336583376|3191151 said:
my first thought: "get married on a boat. Get married on a boat! GET MARRIED ON A BOAT!!! GETMARRIEDONABOATGETMARRIEDONABOATGETMARRIEDONABOATGETMARRIEDONABOAT"

so pretty
Oooohh....interesting perspective.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
nicstx|1336583376|3191151 said:
Phdecorate|1336485113|3190053 said:

so pretty

Really? ON the boat? Not sure.... Are you picturing out on the water or just like this and docked? I would be excited if it was in the view at least though, right? I guess it could be pretty cool. Or at least be on it for some pics maybe?

Aud - yes, it is an inn actually. 78 or so rooms I think and it is pretty big. A spa etc. My favorite part, well not favorite maybe, just really cool, is that they have their own greenhouse stacked with vases and you can go cut bouquets for your room! (I LOVE flowers) So it is plenty big for my parents to stay and be nowhere close to our room. However, my mom thinks that is a great idea, my dad says, oh no we'll go home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

So last night, we went to dinner with my parents.....and talked about the baby (that would be my dog) being there b/c its dog friendly and SO says, oh in the wedding party, huh, is he supposed to be the best dog instead of a best man? SO CUTE! I actually LOVE the idea, he says I was just kidding, but I said, oh no, that is great........imagine an adorable dog tshirt or sweater with "Best Dog" and a bone with wedding rings embroidered/knit on the back? :bigsmile: :bigsmile: (ok so I am in the camp that considers dogs to be children in fur coats!)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I agree. Some pics WITH the boat would be awesome. But I wouldn't want to get married on the boat personally (neither docked nor under sail).

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I love water, I want a beach wedding without the heat and humidity (my hair would explode). I think boats have beautiful colors, especially sail boats with the blue background, white sails, wooden decks (especially dark wood.)

I think on the boat, out to sea, small party = beautiful. If I could have a small wedding I would definitely consider that.

as a side note, a venue that i think is beautiful is atlantic one (or one atlantic?) in NJ. beach/city views with indoor black tie feel. My parents and FF, however, don't like that it's in atlantic city.

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
I love the water too, but I hate the wind. I would hate to be out there hair blowing all over. My first wedding I wore my hair up in a big low knot. I don't know if I will do hair up or down this time. It will depend on the dress a little bit I think. Even though I have that maybe dress I still want to look around some more. I like the dress, I am just not sure I love it. I just scooped it up because the price was right!

I do agree that the wood in a sailboat, etc would make a great background along with the blue water with a white/ivory dress etc.

NIC -If you like that venue in AC, who cares? Do they just think AC is "cheesy" or ? Although, you would be closer to Long Island, right? There are SOOO many beautiful places there and obviously plenty of water. In Conn too. Or Cape Cod......MV! I love MV! Nantucket....?I am not sure where you are, I just know you're not that far from NYC... :naughty: When are you planning for?? Since the ring is in the works, will it be somewhat soon or ? If you have said before, sorry, I don't remember!

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Truuuuue, the hair would be an issue. Maybe they have a place you can hide in the undercarraige while they're blowing along and then bring you out when they anchor? I dunno - i just think the pictures would be pretty. All I care about with my wedding will be good pictures... seriously.

We're planning on a tiny thing in may and then a big thing with in the 6 months after, so I have a good year and a half of planning to buffer me. I'm in this weird limbo where we're kinda planning, but I'm not engaged? It's more of a formality at this point.

Looocations! Without giving me away, it needs to be with in a 4 hour drive from my grandmother... she's sick :(

//threadjack over! i still vote boat... and lots of hairspray! :lol:

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
nicstx|1336663822|3192092 said:
Truuuuue, the hair would be an issue. Maybe they have a place you can hide in the undercarraige while they're blowing along and then bring you out when they anchor? I dunno - i just think the pictures would be pretty. All I care about with my wedding will be good pictures... seriously.

We're planning on a tiny thing in may and then a big thing with in the 6 months after, so I have a good year and a half of planning to buffer me. I'm in this weird limbo where we're kinda planning, but I'm not engaged? It's more of a formality at this point.

Looocations! Without giving me away, it needs to be with in a 4 hour drive from my grandmother... she's sick :(

//threadjack over! i still vote boat... and lots of hairspray! :lol:

Well, this place is not on the ocean, so hopefully it is not as windy! I agree......the pics are soooo important!

Sorry to hear about your grandma. I understand. My dad is not sick now, although he was, but he is not up to much travel or we could do a real destination. I think this will be the best of both worlds, plus give us a great place to go back to and enjoy. He he, I just have to actually go see them and make sure they will accomodate!

I should be working, but I am daydreaming....look at these adorable dog accessories for my baby:

hydrangeadogcollar.jpg

dogweddingcollar.jpg

I think something like this would be so cute. I also found someone who custom makes sweaters and can put initials, etc, in whatever color, so I could instead do the "best dog" idea. However, I LOVE hydrangeas and was thinking of having them in my bouquet. Either white ones, or soft blues mixed with white/ivory flowers, so the collar would be cute. The collar/tie combo can come in anything you want. I know, I am a silly dog mom! ;)) :rolleyes:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phdecorate|1336664576|3192110 said:
look at these adorable dog accessories for my baby:

hydrangeadogcollar.jpg

dogweddingcollar.jpg

I think something like this would be so cute. I also found someone who custom makes sweaters and can put initials, etc, in whatever color, so I could instead do the "best dog" idea. However, I LOVE hydrangeas and was thinking of having them in my bouquet. Either white ones, or soft blues mixed with white/ivory flowers, so the collar would be cute. The collar/tie combo can come in anything you want. I know, I am a silly dog mom! ;)) :rolleyes:

AHHHH! Those are so cute! Felt hydrangeas!! Now I'm searching Etsy lol.

I love that location, phdecorate!! It's SOO beautiful! I, too, wish we had something like that around here! It's PERFECT.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Love love love that location, and love the doggie accessories!! So exciting! :appl:

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
PHDECORATE, those dog collars are so precious! Who makes them, and can you post a link???

Phdecorate

Shiny_Rock
fleur-de-lis|1336674206|3192249 said:
PHDECORATE, those dog collars are so precious! Who makes them, and can you post a link???

Aren't they adorable??!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pecanpiepuppies?section_id=5598834

They make a few other flowers too, and a matching leash, as well as other adorable things.

Madelise - Don't you just love Etsy? I have found so many great things there!

SS- Glad you like! I think it is all wedding perfect! (The collar esp if I go with hydrangeas, and I really think I will. Gives that something blue piece and it is also SO's favorite color!)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
awww those doggie accessories are so adorable!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
SOOO CUTE!!!

And another good idea Mico!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results