shape
carat
color
clarity

Summer Movies--Blockbusters!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dark Knight is supposed to be amazing. Our movie reviewer gave it 4 stars and said Heath Ledger turns in an Oscar worthy performance. I bet you he will be nominated posthumously. I heard it is incredible and complex and so well written and cast...I cannot wait to see it.

I still think Iron Man was so much fun, LOVED Robert Downey Jr. insanely in it.

Also looking forward to Hancock, the third Mummy, X Files (though I did not love the show)...

Loved the Hulk. Thought Ed Norton was great, surprisingly so, in the role.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh..My..God
23.gif

I just got back from seeing the Dark Knight - and all I can say is Wow.

I really don''t want to carry on about the whole Ledger thing, but boy - he deserves All the credit he is getting, then plus some.

Such a crying shame
7.gif

Please, see this movie - its an experience!

emfilm.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emstar.gif
emthup.gif
emteeth.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2008 12:20:52 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m really starting to look forward to The Dark Knight now.

We went and saw The Incredible Hulk the other night and it was so much better that the first one. I heard that they have a trilogy planned, but that Edward Norton may not be involved because he''s being a bit of a prima donna and not doing any appearances for this one. It was pretty fantastic though. And the end scene was great. And my FSIL didn''t like it at all...

I still want to see Wall-E and now Mamma Mia! too.

I''m going to wait for SITC to come out on DVD...
I''m not in the mood for anything very intense with all I''ve had going on, but I did see "Mama Mia" last night and it was fantastic fun! All of the critics have panned it. No, the men can''t sing but who cares, they''re all gorgeous; and yes, the time line is all screwed up (and I have no idea how Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson didn''t do something to adjust the decades, the daughter can''t be 20 when her Mom was a hippie in the ''70''s and had a relationship with three men, one of whom is her father) but it was pure fun. I was singing along to songs I didn''t even realize I knew and I was be-bopping in my seat. It makes you want to get up and dance! I''m taking the hubby to see it with me when he comes home from his fishing trip and he doesn''t even like musicals but I know he''ll like this.

Meryl Streep is a dynamo. I don''t think there''s anything that woman can''t do. I didn''t think she could pull it off, but she made it all believable.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto Arjuna!!!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just got back from the Dark Knight. I absolutely loved it, it''s a must see!

Hancock was reallllllllly disappointing. The first half was hilarious and fun, but then there is a twist in the story line that I did not care for at all. They really ruined what could have been a good movie. Just my opinion.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My younger son LOVES ABBA and wants to see Mamma Mia really bad, but I worry it''s not appropriate!!! lol

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I somehow have managed to see 2 this summer:

Hancock, which was good, not great. It was funny, and I didn''t get bored, but some of it was too "thrown together" feeling for me.

and

The Dark Knight, which was AMAZING! It is certainly my favorite film I''ve seen at the theater this year. I loved every bit of it. It had the story line, the character development, the acting, the wit, the whole shebang. I was especially thrilled to see a good bit of character development. It''s lacking in SOOOO many films these days.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
hubby and i rarely see movies at the theater - we netflix
28.gif

anyway, we saw wall-e. everyone raves about it, but um, we didn''t care for it. it was slow and boring.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I saw The Dark Knight yesterday and am still trying to figure out how I feel about it. Entertaining? Check! Great performance by Heath Ledger? Check! Everything else I had an issue with, though I''m not going to dive into it. In the end, I walked away from the theater feeling like I saw 2 movies that were never really tied together and that without Heath Ledger, I''m not so sure I would have liked it. I''m really glad I saw it, though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Saw The Dark Knight at IMAX: the movie had great stunts/action and I frequently could not guess what would happen next, moreover the acting was excellent; but I was disturbed by many scenes and at the level of violence. Did I "love" it--don't think so. I enjoyed the silly "Journey to the Center of the Earth" in 3D!

There were very young children in the audience--not an appropriate movie for young age groups!

cheers--Sharon

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
My DH saw Dark Knight, but I didn't go with him because I was pretty sure I'd find it disturbing. He came home saying that I would have been really upset by it, so I'm glad I didn't go. But he thought it was fab-o!

Speaking of really upset, I finally went and saw the Sex&theCity movie. Good lord! I really loved the show, but that movie was a piece of trash. It was 3rd rate lame junk. Not worth the price of admission. We actually were checking our watches, hoping it would be over soon. Where did the snappy writing go? And that plot was NOXIOUS! So shallow and pathetic. It was like the worst kind of Disney movie, where they make a list of little girl fantasies and weave them clunkily into a lame story line. It was driven by shallow fantasy and not by character or story, like the show was (well, ok, the ratio was reversed. Show: 70:30, character and plot to shallow fantasy... movie: 30:70). I just felt dirty watching it. Like they couldn't give the viewers enough credit to actually put something sensible in front of them.

I can't believe I'm saying this cause I was really looking forward to that movie, but it was truly among the worst movies I've seen in years.
38.gif
So disappointing.

I liked looking at the clothes though.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
The superhero movies seem to be where all the fun is, these days.

Hubby and I thought Dark Knight was phenomenal (and we really enjoyed Iron Man a couple of months back too). I have a hard time convincing him to see anything remotely girly
20.gif
but fortunately I generally like the kind of movies he likes to see, too!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
BATMAN!!! I love Christian Bale and I think Heath Ledger was such a talented actor, (not to mention that Batman totally rocks!) I liked Batman Begins better, but the Dark Night rocked!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let''s see what have I seen.

I LOVED Iron Man. Want to see it again.
Hancock was good and entertaining-- I liked the open ended ending leaving ir open for sequels. Suffered for the comparison to Iron Man I think.
Am I the only person who didn''t love the Dark Knight? Heath Ledger wasn''t The Joker for me-- though his acting was very good.
LOVED AND ADORED Wall-E
Aw Indiana Jones III. Um, what can I say. Not as bad as the Mummy III (how is that for damning with faint praise)???

Looking forward to... um. James Bond this winter? I dunno. Don''t want to see X-files, SexintheCity,

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''ve seen Wall-e, The Dark Knight, and Mama Mia. We thought Wall-e was good, but I thought it was a tad on the long/boring side. I didn''t want to see The Dark Knight at all because it seemed really disturbing. My husband dragged me to it, and I''ll admit that it was good. Heath Ledger''s performance WAS really disturbing and there were times I closed my eyes, but I did like the movie. I LOVED Mama Mia!! My husband thought the "Dancing Queen" scene was the best, and he said that was the only redeeming quality of the movie. He''s a guy though, and I''m actually surprised he went with me.

I was on the fence about Hancock but I think we''ll give it a try.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
loved Iron man...want to see it again.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I''m kinda a movie buff, so I''ve seen a lot of the movies out there. Here''s what I think:

Ironman: I enjoyed it, Robert Downey Jr. is really charismatic
The Incredible Hulk: Also enjoyed it. I love Edward Norton as he was great as usual for me
Wall-E: My husband and I didn''t really like it. We wanted to, I assure you. Dull and boring like Jcrow said. (I''m glad I''m not the only one).
Sex and the City: I liked it. Still fun stuff.
Dark Knight: Wow, Heath Ledger. Great plot.
Hancock: Didn''t know there was a Will Smith movie I wouldn''t like.
Mamma Mia: Meryl Streep is great and can sing or at least karaoke/lip synch well. I loved the part on the top of the hill with the red scarf.
Hellboy: I really enjoyed it! I love that director though, the one who did Pan''s Labyrinth. I hope he will continue making movies like that because they''re just so dreamlike.
X Files: It was okay. I don''t remember too much of the original series, but his face looked like it wasn''t moving too much. maybe too much botox or something. Maybe he was just being subtle. Maybe I''m just rambling and need a hobby.
Indiana Jones: Has lost its lustre and until today thought the Mummy franchise was way better
The Mummy: I liked Brandon Fraser, thought the plot was good, the action scenes were choppy. Maria Bello cannot replace Rachel Weisz and I don''t know why they thought it would be okay to replace her.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hellboy rocked my socks. Lots o'' comic book movies this summer.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2008 12:18:43 AM
Author: heraanderson
I''m kinda a movie buff, so I''ve seen a lot of the movies out there. Here''s what I think:

Ironman: I enjoyed it, Robert Downey Jr. is really charismatic
The Incredible Hulk: Also enjoyed it. I love Edward Norton as he was great as usual for me
Wall-E: My husband and I didn''t really like it. We wanted to, I assure you. Dull and boring like Jcrow said. (I''m glad I''m not the only one).
Sex and the City: I liked it. Still fun stuff.
Dark Knight: Wow, Heath Ledger. Great plot.
Hancock: Didn''t know there was a Will Smith movie I wouldn''t like.
Mamma Mia: Meryl Streep is great and can sing or at least karaoke/lip synch well. I loved the part on the top of the hill with the red scarf.
Hellboy: I really enjoyed it! I love that director though, the one who did Pan''s Labyrinth. I hope he will continue making movies like that because they''re just so dreamlike.
X Files: It was okay. I don''t remember too much of the original series, but his face looked like it wasn''t moving too much. maybe too much botox or something. Maybe he was just being subtle. Maybe I''m just rambling and need a hobby.
Indiana Jones: Has lost its lustre and until today thought the Mummy franchise was way better
The Mummy: I liked Brandon Fraser, thought the plot was good, the action scenes were choppy. Maria Bello cannot replace Rachel Weisz and I don''t know why they thought it would be okay to replace her.
Great review and some of the commentary made me LOL like the XFiles!!!

I personally thought Sex and the City was meh.
28.gif

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just saw Mamma Mia! I''ve always been an Abba fan, and the movie was super cute. I didn''t know Meryl Streep could sing like that and the scene with the red scarf is fabuloussss!! I also thought the girl in it was adorable, just beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results