shape
carat
color
clarity

Summer Movies--Blockbusters!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Saw Indy last night -- I would rate it a 7 out of 10... a little slow to take off ... but I did like it.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saw Prince Caspian yesterday at 4:40 (Right when everyone was flooding into Indy Jones-perfect timing! We almost had the theater to ourselves!)-very good, but not as good as the first. I heard somewhere that someone said the best kind of family film is one where there is a sword fight to the death. Ditto.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
awaiting HELLBOY 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

movie zombie

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Know I''m a lil late to the party, but saw Iron Man the other week and absolutely loved it - really funny I thought and Downey Jr was a surprisingly good choice!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2008 9:33:45 PM
Author: movie zombie
awaiting HELLBOY 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

movie zombie
Yay! I was thinking that I was going to get throught this whole thread with not one mention of Hellboy.

I''m looking forward to it too...what girl wouldn''t love a big ol'' stogie-smokin'' demon-gone-straight with a giant stone arm and the delivery AND voice (mmmmm.....!) of Ron Perlman?
3.gif

Love some of the lines in the first one, and hoping for similar in the second.

"Say...you''re good with words: what''s a good, solid word for "need".....

"Well....uh...."need" is a good word...."

"Nah....too needy."

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2008 1:12:48 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Just got home from seeing the new Indiana Jones movie......... LOVED IT!!!!!! Harrison is looking well, old.. and.. the situation he gets in is funny and oh so fitting.. action packed movie.. my husband, I believe.. has lost the feeling in his arm from my sqeezing it!!! lol
9.gif
HI:

hhehehheeee I bought the tickets already--have to be there early to line up....
6.gif

I love HellBoy! Forgot about it--but will see it for sure....great character....

cheers--Sharon

merlinthecat

Rough_Rock
Can''t believe they''ve made another Indiana Jones movie. Talk about over cooked.

But I guess there''s a whole generation who haven''t seen the movies before?

Merl

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2008 12:15:46 PM
Author: merlinthecat
Can't believe they've made another Indiana Jones movie. Talk about over cooked.

But I guess there's a whole generation who haven't seen the movies before?

Merl

Indeed there is. I saw it last night in a theater full of high school kids, and heard at least two say they'd never seen them before. The original movies ALL came out before they were even born.

I enjoyed it. But I'm glad Shia didn't get to wear the HAT! I did think he held his own though.

Oh, Harrison. He kept reminding me of my grandfather...

AS for Iron Man, we LOOOOVED it! RDJ Jr. was amazing (and hot, wow
3.gif
)

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Just home from seeing Indy!!

Really enjoyed it but have a few reservations. I wanted grumpy, moany Indy but he was too calm and too nice. It was all action packed and Cate Blanchetts accent was fantastic, but not a patch on Raiders or Last Crusade. Had a few killer lines in it, that had me cheering in the cinema, think I was the only person there, apart from my DH who got it.

Sex and the City next weekend, can''t wait for my fix!!!!

oh, saw Iron Man a couple of weeks ago, thought it was great, Robery Downey Jnr was brill.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOVED Ironman. Thought Robert Downey Jr. was great.

Saw Indiana Jones, it was okay. Raiders is still one of my all time see anytime movies.

I am seeing, with a huge group of girlfriends, Sex in the City, this Friday morning...and then on to lunch to discuss it after!

Also want to see Narnia, which will likely happen tomorrow with the kids!

Saw Baby Mama and What Happens in Vegas, predictable but fun.

Cannot wait to see Made of Honor, I love P.D.!

Will see Wall E and Kung Fu Panda with my youngest...
And the Love Guru and Don't Mess with the Zohan look funny if not juvenile too! A good laugh is a great thing...

I will see Dark Knight but think it is sad too, to think of him gone so young.

I LOVE MOVIES.h

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Enjoyed Indy J! Still the best treaure hunter movies arounds.....
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OKOK--I saw SITC last night; and found it, kinda meh. I''ll probably be the only one to say that. Oh the clothes/jewellery was tres fab and all but it was too long for me and well, that is that.

But the theatre was full of grogeous women, dressed to the 9''s and smelling great. Two, countem'', only TWO men!!!!
3.gif
. My DH stayed home for the NHL playoff''s.....

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't wait for Hancock to come out!!!! eeeeeeee, fun July 2!

Also, the X Files (I am such a sci fi nerd sometimes). hehe
4.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m really starting to look forward to The Dark Knight now.

We went and saw The Incredible Hulk the other night and it was so much better that the first one. I heard that they have a trilogy planned, but that Edward Norton may not be involved because he''s being a bit of a prima donna and not doing any appearances for this one. It was pretty fantastic though. And the end scene was great. And my FSIL didn''t like it at all...

I still want to see Wall-E and now Mamma Mia! too.

I''m going to wait for SITC to come out on DVD...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My son saw WALL-E yesterday and enjoyed it. I want to see it too!!!

My DH plans on the IMAX at UNiversal Studios (see anything!!!) when we are there next month.....go big or go home!

cheers--Sharon

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Hi All!
Can I play!!
I am a MOVIE LOVER!
35.gif

DH and I just saw Wall-E last night. It was maybe the sweetest movie I''ve seen in a long time. I highly recommend!

Some soical commentary, some references to 2001 Space Odyssey... some serious fun for a G movie!

annie

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 12:50:31 PM
Author: 2danes
Hi All!
Can I play!!
I am a MOVIE LOVER!
35.gif

DH and I just saw Wall-E last night. It was maybe the sweetest movie I''ve seen in a long time. I highly recommend!

Some soical commentary, some references to 2001 Space Odyssey... some serious fun for a G movie!

annie
Hubby and I just saw it a few minutes ago. I kept saying it was SOOOO CUTE!
face23.gif
Hubby teased and said "you keep saying it is cute!" He agrees, super sweet.
9.gif

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 12:50:31 PM
Author: 2danes
Hi All!
Can I play!!
I am a MOVIE LOVER!
35.gif

annie
I loved it too.... it was just sooo sweet. The whole theater was saying "awwwww" over and over.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am going to see the Dark Knight today. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!
yippee10.gif
I hope it isn't sold out, ekkk!

Anyone else going???

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 9:53:37 AM
Author: Skippy123
I am going to see the Dark Knight today. I can''t wait!!!!!!!!!!!
yippee10.gif
I hope it isn''t sold out, ekkk!

Anyone else going???
Skippy, I went last night to the 12:30 AM showing with FF. It was great, and Heath will definitely be winning the Oscar for this preformance!! Truely Amazing!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 10:05:32 AM
Author: meresal

Date: 7/18/2008 9:53:37 AM
I am going to see the Dark Knight today. I can''t wait!!!!!!!!!!!
yippee10.gif
I hope it isn''t sold out, ekkk!

Anyone else going???
Skippy, I went last night to the 12:30 AM showing with FF. It was great, and Heath will definitely be winning the Oscar for this preformance!! Truely Amazing!!
Aaaaahhhhhh, I can''t wait!!!
dancing_penguin.gif
Thanks, it looks intense; did it keep you on the edge of your seat? Are you going to see it again? hehe

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippers, you''d better check Fandango. We''re going to go tomorrow AM. Unfortunately we can''t go today. Poo.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 10:19:17 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Skippers, you'd better check Fandango. We're going to go tomorrow AM. Unfortunately we can't go today. Poo.
I am going to chance it as soon as they open,
3.gif
if not I will just prebuy my tickets over there for the next day. I need to go to Costco anyway. Have fun tomorrow, yay!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enjoy it! I''m so excited to see it!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 10:16:37 AM
Aaaaahhhhhh, I can''t wait!!!
dancing_penguin.gif
Thanks, it looks intense; did it keep you on the edge of your seat? Are you going to see it again? hehe
You will be on the edge of your seat, because the stories NEVER stop changing... it was very creepy. You''ll laugh at things you never thought you would ever find funny, bc for some reason Heath makes you think they are ok... it''s hard to explain, but such a good movie!! You''re really going to enjoy it.

Also, definitely want to pre-buy. Our theatre had 5 showings last night (12:01, 12:02, 12:03, 12:04, and 12:30), and they were sold out all the way thru Saturday night.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I have tickets for tonight and I cannot cannot cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! I''m also looking forward to Hancock, Wall-e, The movie with Eddie Murphy (can''t remember the name). I saw Kung Fu Panda, and The Love Guru and they were both great.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 10:31:12 AM
Author: meresal

Date: 7/18/2008 10:16:37 AM
Aaaaahhhhhh, I can't wait!!!
dancing_penguin.gif
You will be on the edge of your seat, because the stories NEVER stop changing... it was very creepy. You'll laugh at things you never thought you would ever find funny, bc for some reason Heath makes you think they are ok... it's hard to explain, but such a good movie!! You're really going to enjoy it.

Also, definitely want to pre-buy. Our theatre had 5 showings last night (12:01, 12:02, 12:03, 12:04, and 12:30), and they were sold out all the way thru Saturday night.
You are right it is SICK INTENSE! Dragonfly you will love it!
9.gif

The previews to some of those movies coming out look good!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where did you go see it Skippy? We got tickets for one of the first shows at Century tomorrow morning.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Century 24, at the 11:30 showing I think because it is a Friday it wasn't too bad as far as crowds go. The movie is long 2 1/2 hrs; pack a snack. I want to see it AGAIN!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 5:07:45 PM
Century 24, at the 11:30 showing I think because it is a Friday it wasn't too bad as far as crowds go. The movie is long 2 1/2 hrs; pack a snack. I want to see it AGAIN!
So glad you liked it... after you left did you start thinking why you thought that stuff was funny?!?! Sick intense, indeed!! Heath Ledger did an amazing job, he even transformed my opinions due to his demeanor.
32.gif

36.gif
36.gif
LOVED IT!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results