shape
carat
color
clarity

Summer Movies--Blockbusters!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

It starts! We are off to see "Iron Man" tonight as my DH is such a Marvel fan. Indiana Jones comes out this month as well--looking forward to that too! Oh and of course the popcorn.....
18.gif

Anyone else interested???????

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Sharon, I love Summer blockbusters. I am soooo looking forward to the Joker Movie the Dark Knight; it looks very cool and kind of dark. Also Sex and the City!!!

BTW, I love popcorn too!!! Pass me a bag please.
3.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I just got here, Lucky for you Skip, I brought an extra bag of yummy popcorn!

I am not usually a comic book fan, but I really want to see Iron Man. Recently DH and I saw The Ruins, which is one of the top ten BAD MOVIES of all time. But, it had a great preview for Iron Man! I do want to see the Joker, too. I love all Batman movies. Who doesn''t?? Oh, and I gotta see Baby Mama, it looks HILARIOUS! And, I love animated movies so I''m excited to see that Panda movie. However, we hardly ever get to go to the movies, so I''ll probably be waiting for DVDs!

mmm..more popcorn...and m&ms to mix in...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 4:00:32 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Ooh, I just got here, Lucky for you Skip, I brought an extra bag of yummy popcorn!

I am not usually a comic book fan, but I really want to see Iron Man. Recently DH and I saw The Ruins, which is one of the top ten BAD MOVIES of all time. But, it had a great preview for Iron Man! I do want to see the Joker, too. I love all Batman movies. Who doesn''t?? Oh, and I gotta see Baby Mama, it looks HILARIOUS! And, I love animated movies so I''m excited to see that Panda movie. However, we hardly ever get to go to the movies, so I''ll probably be waiting for DVDs!

mmm..more popcorn...and m&ms to mix in...
Thank you SS
yuminmytum.gif
and passing some to the others
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
you and your emoties!!
9.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
What Im really looking forward to:

Indie IV
Iron Man
Dark Knight
The Incredible Hulk
Wall-E
Wanted
The X-Files 2
Quantum of Solace - Bond
Harry Potter 6
Tropic Thunder
Speed Racer

and some others that escape me right now

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sex and the city is the only one that I''ve been looking forward to! In fact, I asked D''s parents can we put off the trip to Australia by one day so that I can see it before we go. I cannot wait to see that movie.

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sex and the City
I''m also afraid to admit I want to see the Patrick Dempsey film about being a maid of honor..

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
#1 movie for me will be X-Files, yesss! Finally!!! I am such a nerd. Anyway, I am excited about most of the movies, but FI and I plan on seeing Iron Man relatively soon after it comes out. He''s really excited about it. He looks like an excited little boy when he sees the commercials.
26.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/2/2008 5:11:30 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Sex and the City

I''m also afraid to admit I want to see the Patrick Dempsey film about being a maid of honor..

I saw Made of honor last night in a preview...it was really cute! I liked it.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock
My hubby and I saw Iron Man last night, and loved it!!!! Robert Downy Jr was perfect for the role. Simply a good movie.
36.gif

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
BF will be taking me to see the Dark Knight at midnight-he has been waiting FOREVER for it-I''m excited for it too. They filmed it in Chicago and he saw the "Gotham City" police vans on the way back from the Taste last summer-I''m an idiot and was looking the other way and missed them.

Also-SEX AND THE CITY!!! I can''t wait for that one either!!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2008 3:57:18 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I can''t wait for Indiana Jones. We have the set, so this will be fun. :) (My daughter partied with Shia -I hope that''s how you spell his name- during superbowl in Scottsdale, she said he was very nice and very respectful of her and her girlfriend..)

The Will Smith movie this summer looks funny.. though the name escapes me.
20.gif
There were a ton of movies we always preview and want to see, but forget about when they come out. lol DOY!

Uhmm .. Prince Caspian, I can''t wait for that, too!!!
HI:

The last movie I saw that fella, Shia, in was at last year''s blockbuster--Transformers. I look forward to iIndy for sure!

Thanks for the popcorm Miss Skippy (where do YOU find those emoties???)

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/2/2008 6:01:03 PM
Author: Macie
My hubby and I saw Iron Man last night, and loved it!!!! Robert Downy Jr was perfect for the role. Simply a good movie.
36.gif
HI:

Excellent........
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are big movie fans but I can''t think of any of the ones I want to see at the moment. We''ll probably check out the Indiana Jones movie together, but I know I''m on my own for Made of Honor. I''m such a sucker for any romantic comedy. We might see Baby Mama but it looks more like a rental to me.

~*kalypso*~

Rough_Rock
By far Indiana Jones is the movie I want to see the most this summer! I hope Shia's acting can keep up with Harrison Ford's.
Second, Sex and the City
Third, Dark Knight. Christian Bale has been the best Batman in the latest recreations of it IMO. He's such a good actor, ever since Empire of the Sun!

ETA: Not that I'm dying to watch the movie, but I want to see Made Of Honor too
25.gif
Looks really cute from the previews and Ironman has gotten good reviews too.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Enjoyed Iron Man! The popcorn was pretty darn good too
9.gif
. I know Bond isn't coming out unill close to Christmas--but I am looking forward to another installment of the "soap"....
2.gif

Saw a promo for "Sex in the City" and OH THE CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES! Even my DH seemed "interested".....

cheers--Sharon

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh!!!BF and his sister''s boyfriend are going to see Iron Man, while she wants to go see "Made of Honor" with me.
20.gif
I am really really not caring to see it, and dying to see Iron Man. I told BF this last night, the convo went something like this:

Me: "Oh look. This commercial is for that movie your sister wants to see."
Him: "You know, you can go see Iron Man with us if you want to."
Me: "No, she really wants to see it, and I figure if it makes her happy..."
Him: "You just want her to like you."
Me: "No she already likes me, I just don''t want her to get mad at me."
Him: "She can be kind of scary, huh?"
Me: "You said it, I didn''t."

So I''m going to see Made of Honor tomorrow. Even though I really do want to see Iron Man. Besides Iron Man, I really really really can''t wait to see The Dark Knight. BF is a huge comic book fan, but I LOVE Batman. And Christian Bale is seriously the best Batman ever. I am, however, kind of scared to see Heath Ledger''s last movie. From what I understand he practically became the Joker for this role, and that could have attributed to his death.
15.gif
Other than that, I can wait until Harry Potter in November to see anything else...unless I just haven''t been paying enough attention to whats coming out...

LittleRock

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/3/2008 10:48:27 AM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Enjoyed Iron Man! The popcorn was pretty darn good too
9.gif
. I know Bond isn''t coming out unill close to Christmas--but I am looking forward to another installment of the ''soap''....
2.gif

Saw a promo for ''Sex in the City'' and OH THE CLOTHES AND ACCESSORIES! Even my DH seemed ''interested''.....

cheers--Sharon

I could smell the popcorn......
20.gif
Me and DH were supposed to go to the movies and see Iron Man, the kids were over at the grandparents house for an overnighter and sure enough when we are trying to get to the movie the phone rings. It''s my mom and she says my DD is not looking so good so we had to skip the movie and pick our DD up and deal with vomiting on the way home in the car. Fun, Fun, Fun! Can''t wait to see the movie with yummy popcorn!
18.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Sex and the City and the one with Keanu Reeves, I can't remember the name now. I don't know if I would like the show but I would certainly like to watch him, he is so handsome..
18.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
FI (who is a huge Marvel fan) and I went to see Iron Man on Friday. Great movie, I enjoyed it. I''d seen the old cartoon movie and it was really bad, so I was pleasantly surprised.

We usually don''t go to the movies very often, but there are so many interesting ones coming out this summer!
- Indiana Jones 4 (I looove Harrison Ford as an actor!)
- Prince Caspian
- The Incredible Hulk (FI will want to see it... I hope it''s good, because I really didn''t like the first one)
- Walle (it''s from Pixar, so it has to be good)
- The Dark Knight
- The X-Files 2 (I''m a sci-fi geek
emotion-15.gif
28.gif
)
- Hellboy 2 (again, for my Marvel fan FH)
- The Mummy 3 (maybe? The first ones were entertaining)

snowflakeluvr

Shiny_Rock
i''m a chick flick junkie...saw made of honor last night with my college girl-she liked it more than i did, very cute, benign but just didn''t do it for me...

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Went and saw Iron Man last night-if you haven''t seen it and plan to-stay AFTER the credits, there is a special extra that leads into the next movie...

golden

Shiny_Rock
We saw Iron Man last night, it was EXCELLENT!! I tried every whichway to get boyfriend to go with his friends or brothers, but wound up going with them...and thought it was excellent, a must-see!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I saw Baby Moma with my daughter and her FI tonight and it was better than I thought it was going to be. There were some laugh out load moments...

I heard Iron Man was awesome. I suppose I will get to some time. Why is it that every movie is based on a comic or a toy?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 6:54:16 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
We saw Street Kings today, I LOVED IT! Keanu Reeves.. wow.. action packed, I swear. I didn''t want to see it, but well since dh just met James Ellroy, and they talked about it.. we went. I''m glad I did. Edge of your seat.. and well, its a police thing.. but, you know.. hubby loves that kinda stuff. lol
2.gif
It was a well made movie.

My son went and saw Iron Man last night and said it was great, too. :)
Wow, SDL, your DH met and Spoke to James Elroy??!! My Fi would be so jealous - actually I''m jealous! Was it due to work or something, if you don''t mind me asking?

As for the movies, I seriously can''t wait for the Dark Knight. I admit its gonna be a bit weird seeing Heath''s last film, but it looks like he did an incredible job.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I saw Iron Man this weekend too, and I also REALLY enjoyed it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Will see Indy J tomorrow! Anyone else??????????????????????????
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock

I am looking forward to seeing Sex & The City, X-Files 2, Iron Man, and the Dark Knight thus far.

canuk-gal - How was Daniel Craig in the first Bond movie? I haven''t seen it yet but plan to check it out soon to "catch up".

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2008 10:41:54 AM
Author: Patiently_Waiting

I am looking forward to seeing Sex & The City, X-Files 2, Iron Man, and the Dark Knight thus far.

canuk-gal - How was Daniel Craig in the first Bond movie? I haven''t seen it yet but plan to check it out soon to ''catch up''.

HI:

Better than I "expected". Roguish. DH liked Daniel Craig better any since Sean Connery. Of course, I liked Pierce Bronson''s good looks.....
3.gif
Oh and the movie itself was rather good. Less of the (tedious) charming women into bed, and more of the story/intrigue.

cheers--Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results