shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions on jewelers who could execute this setting well

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock
A couple of months ago I finally, finally found the wedding band I want after over two years of trying on what seemed like a hundred bands both antique and modern. The Tiffany Metro eternity band with rose-cut diamonds was perfect (well, it was white gold and I'd rather have had platinum, but it looked so great that I wasn't going to mind that). After I'd finally found my dream ring, my husband wanted to wait a couple months to get it for our anniversary. No problem, said the SA.

Wrong. Sometime in the couple months that have passed since we found the ring, Tiffany summarily discontinued it. The truly infuriating part-- and this has put me off shopping with them ever in the future-- is that they took special pains to emphasize in their customer service email to me that even if the ring is still in any of their resale stores they won't sell it to me. So they... what? Have them all sent back from the stores and boil them down, because that's better than making a customer happy and earning future business? :wall:

Anyway, I'm hoping this cloud will have a silver lining: maybe I can get my ring made better than a Tiffany ring anyway, and in platinum instead of gold to boot. I really did love the proportions of the piece, however, and am looking for someone who can do a really great job with this kind of style. PSers suggestions would be very welcome-- I'm out of the loop on the good custom jewelers....

Thank you!

metro_ring.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Suggestions on jewelers who could execute this setting w

Kwiat and Caysie Van Bebber both do rings just about exactly like that.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock

I'd probably talk to CVB Inspired Design about that one.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock

Everyone, THANK YOU so much for these suggestions! You've given me hope that I can find something that makes my heart sing as much-- or almost as much-- as the Tiffany style. Frankly I'd be MORE than happy not to buy it from Tiffany anyway. :snooty: I'm going to drop a line to Kwiat about their platinum and rose-cut band, and also inquire with CvB about a full eternity version of their ring (perhaps without the engraving on the side).

distracts|1476304384|4086329 said:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/236022633/the-cvb-id-platinum-corsica-style-rose?ref=shop_home_active_19

https://kwiat.com/product/wedding-rings/3700/
(I have emailed Kwiat about this before and they do it in platinum as well. Sorry I can't find it on the website right now. I think the Kwiat looks a lot more like the Tiffany one but it's also a much more similar price, lol.)

Thanks for the super-helpful direct links! I've written an email to Kwiat to enquire. May I ask if you happen to have seen the Kwiat one in person? (It sounds like you might have been after a rose-cut band yourself at some point!) It does look quite similar to the Tiffany one-- the only differences I can see are the milgraining and perhaps the diamonds aren't quite as large relative to the band as the Tiffany version, which isn't as obvious in the company "glamour shot" I posted above, but the distinction perhaps shows a bit more in an IRL shot from an old eBay listing.

metroirl.png

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I haven't seen the Kwiat one in person, but all their other stuff I've seen has been good quality. I believe they can make it any carat weight - at least with other bands I've inquired about they could change that. At least one PSer has the CVB band so you can probably find pictures of it somewhere on here. I think all her bands are pretty customizable.

And yes, while I haven't gotten a rose cut eternity band yet, it is something on the wishlist. :D

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock

distracts|1476345734|4086536 said:
I haven't seen the Kwiat one in person, but all their other stuff I've seen has been good quality. I believe they can make it any carat weight - at least with other bands I've inquired about they could change that. At least one PSer has the CVB band so you can probably find pictures of it somewhere on here. I think all her bands are pretty customizable.

And yes, while I haven't gotten a rose cut eternity band yet, it is something on the wishlist. :D

Thank you so much! Wow, that's great to know about customizable carat weight too.

Although... now I might only need that information for the future in case I get stacking rings for fun-- I went in to the Tiffany nearest me this afternoon and they happened to have a Metro ring in my size! In sharp contrast to the stern email I received about NO ONE at Tiffany selling me this ring, they were most happy to sell it. Although my feelings about the company are certainly mixed, I'm glad to have the ring I first fell for on my finger.

Crossing my newly-sparkly fingers that you get your rose-cut soon-- I would love to see a photo of whatever you choose!

Thanks again to all who replied for your help and guidance. =)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my gosh! In so happy for you finding it! Please post pictures!

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts|1476386277|4086773 said:
Oh my gosh! In so happy for you finding it! Please post pictures!
Ditto! :appl:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock

I would also like to see photos!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is great news! I'm really glad you were able to get the ring that spoke to you :appl: It's gorgeous and I'd love to see pics too!

Dulcinea

Rough_Rock

Thank you so much for sharing my excitement, everyone!!! I posted some pics (albeit ones that do the band no justice) in a new thread on Show Me the Bling, so that it'll be searchable by its cut style for future rose-cut seekers looking for inspiration =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results