shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions on Engagement Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wbtunick

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I have been reading along with the posts for a few weeks as we started our search for an engagement ring and have finally decided to register and ask a question.

My girlfriend had her heart set on a cushion cut diamond from the beginning and we were able to find a great 1.5 cushion cut that is more of a rectangle than a square (7.7 x 6.2). Now we are looking for a setting.

The two that we are leaning towards are almost identical, one is from Tacori and the other from Coast Diamonds. Here is a link to the Tacori ring:

http://www.weddingband.com/dol_c.html

Can''t find one from Coast but it is basically the same design (engraving, pinched band and pear side stones).

A quick search makes me think the Coast one might be better to avoid some of the Tacori problem experienced by others and it is a little cheaper.

In any case I was hoping for assistance with a few things:

1) Any suggestions of online retailers that sell Coast Diamonds settings?
2) If the best price I can find on the Coast would be around $4k would it be cheaper to try to get a custom ring with the same basic design?
3) Any other thoughts/opinions on either setting/design or retailers?

Thanks,
William

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Depending which custom Jeweler you ask, you can typically get it reasonably cheaper, and a equal or better job.

I have done a ton a research in regards to settings the last few years. My wife is finicky in regards to classic settings, and is tough to choose from. So now I usually involve her in the process.

Some resources I would look at:

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/ They have SOOOOOOOOOO many options and you can get a real good idea on price and design styles of some custom designers.

www.renaissanceplatinum.com I once purchase a setting from them and was very pleased.

www.artofplatinum.com I considered Leon Mege briefly, but I felt his customer service wasnt what I wanted. However is rings are amazing.

I decided recently to go with Maytal Hoffman who is a custom jeweler, but we have just begun the process of having the settings made for two rings. Which I think will be fantastic.

If I were in your position I would look to buy second hand. :) IN particular I think this ring is a beauty at pearlmans under the Great Deals section.

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/previously-owned-jewelry/rings/061PO1/8/

If you have already purchased the stone, this obviously wont work...

-G

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know. When you are talking about engraved, antique style settings, I think it is almost safer to go with the sure thing. And I have looked at Coast and Tacori, and considering all the problems with Tacori and losing stones, I''d think Coast is worth a shot. I did find a Coast ring I liked a lot, but I have not found them online. Diamonds Direct in Charlotte, NC carries Coast, and they have a 20% off sale a couple of times a year. So that''s how I''d buy one if I were in the market for one.

http://www.diamondsdirectsouthpark.com/designers.html

wbtunick

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the info.

Already contacted Renaissance Platinum, they actually had a very similar example on their website.

But I was also interested in contacting Maytal Hoffman but am not sure how I can contact her (a search here and google didn''t turn anything up).

Any info for contacting her or any other ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks again,
William

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi William,

[email protected] is her email address, and she can send you some photos of some things shes done.

-G

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results