shape
carat
color
clarity

Suffragette Ring - amethyst and peridot

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Holy Grail color combination for jewelry is green and purple. It's almost impossible to find without spending a fortune at a place that specializes in color such as Kiki McDonough. (Her pieces are crazy expensive for semi-precious, although I do have some.)

Anyway, I never see amethyst and peridot together - really, never. I've been looking for a peridot and amethyst item for about four years. So I really pounced when I saw this ring.

It's a step-cut peridot flanked by trapezoid purple amethysts, set in 14k white gold. The setting is weighty and substantial. I bought it recently at a small independent jeweler's in a rural town I was visiting.

Later, I realized that it's the suffragette colors: green, purple, and white. Just looked it up: Purple for dignity and loyalty, green for hope, white for purity.

I call it my anti-man ring! :lol:

GEDC1044.jpg GEDC1046.JPG GEDC1050.JPG

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it needs a clean - bit soapy and those aren't inclusions, they're marks. It's much less cloudy in real life. It's too much hassle to get out the jewelry cleaner - these shots are mostly just to show off the color combination.

Couple more shots:

GEDC1052.JPG GEDC1056.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say it’s an LSU ring or Marci Gras ring, but it doesn’t have yellow gold.

I love it.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Whitewave!

What's an LSU ring? And are the Mardi Gras colors purple, green, and yellow?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Such a striking color combination! :love:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! And you might love this ring I’m lusting over and considering having recreated :kiss2:

4E0CB7B4-AEAE-4A22-82E0-5A5A35A04307.jpeg

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My Holy Grail color combination for jewelry is green and purple. It's almost impossible to find without spending a fortune at a place that specializes in color such as Kiki McDonough. (Her pieces are crazy expensive for semi-precious, although I do have some.)

Anyway, I never see amethyst and peridot together - really, never. I've been looking for a peridot and amethyst item for about four years. So I really pounced when I saw this ring.

It's a step-cut peridot flanked by trapezoid purple amethysts, set in 14k white gold. The setting is weighty and substantial. I bought it recently at a small independent jeweler's in a rural town I was visiting.

Later, I realized that it's the suffragette colors: green, purple, and white. Just looked it up: Purple for dignity and loyalty, green for hope, white for purity.

I call it my anti-man ring! :lol:

GEDC1044.jpg GEDC1046.JPG GEDC1050.JPG
My favorite stone combo, my granchildren’s Birthstones!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Whitewave!

What's an LSU ring? And are the Mardi Gras colors purple, green, and yellow?

Marci Gras is purple green and gold. The colors for Louisiana State University are purple and gold.

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
Green, purple, and yellow form a triad on a color wheel. One of the more eye catching combinations on the wheel; I use the three often for flower arranging.
Love not just the colors of your stones, but also the shapes!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...I wonder if I should get it re-set in yellow gold, maybe bezeled, too, so the colors are outlined in yellow gold...Maybe David Klass?

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!
My birthstone and my daughter's.

Q

Queenie60

Very pretty Jambalaya - and it's nice to have you back!

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E3CFC224-963C-4174-A7AD-2A460929955F.jpeg That is soooo pretty, I’m getting inspired.
Mine would be a purple sapphire and green Tourmalines.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to say it’s an LSU ring or Marci Gras ring, but it doesn’t have yellow gold.

I love it.

Ha! LSU and Mardi Gras were the first things that came to mind for me too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results