shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuck on design for men’s diamond ring

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a wider band would also look nicer however, I think I would give it a satin finish. For some reason, my eyes want to go to the rose gold band
on either side of the stone instead of the stone. If you go wider on the band it's going to draw more attention. If you give it a satin finish, I think
it will take more of a backseat to the stone...just my opinion. The shiny rose gold may not be attention-grabbing to others.
Something like this...
rose gold matt finish.PNG

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think a wider band would also look nicer however, I think I would give it a satin finish. For some reason, my eyes want to go to the rose gold band
on either side of the stone instead of the stone. If you go wider on the band it's going to draw more attention. If you give it a satin finish, I think
it will take more of a backseat to the stone...just my opinion. The shiny rose gold may not be attention-grabbing to others.
Something like this...
rose gold matt finish.PNG

Never thought about it like that. I’m inclined to agree.

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Another!

78E4D290-61A2-48DF-B8F8-455DC4C289B5.jpeg

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The more I look at it the more I like the current band-width and wonder if the only change that needs to to have that rose gold sandblasted for the satin finish. I think that my eyes are torn between the gold and the stone.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The more I look at it the more I like the current band-width and wonder if the only change that needs to to have that rose gold sandblasted for the satin finish. I think that my eyes are torn between the gold and the stone.

I would def try adding a finish before scrapping the whole setting!

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I would def try adding a finish before scrapping the whole setting!

I’m going to get a brushed finish to the band. It’s decided!

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Now, what type of brushed/satin finish????

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great idea to try out the satin/brushed on the current band. I like either satin or brushed. Wire brush might also be an option but I think I'd
go down the middle with the brushed. Not too soft but not too textured. Anyway you do it I think it can easily be changed to a different option.
You could start with the softest (satin) and work your way up to more texture brushed from there.

Please post pics!

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Great idea to try out the satin/brushed on the current band. I like either satin or brushed. Wire brush might also be an option but I think I'd
go down the middle with the brushed. Not too soft but not too textured. Anyway you do it I think it can easily be changed to a different option.
You could start with the softest (satin) and work your way up to more texture brushed from there.

Please post pics!

I think a brushed finish!

justpeachy

Shiny_Rock
love it.

david b

Shiny_Rock
Trade
DAADC1F7-31CF-46C0-94D6-7A962DD41D17.jpeg FFB2CFE1-6253-470C-B9AC-B881E1AD4686.jpeg

Hi guys.

Wanting help please. I have a just-under 3ct antique emerald cut and wanted to set it in a button back oxidised silver bezel with a wide 4mm rose gold band for a men’s ring for myself. Inspired by Jessica McCormack rings.

Two questions - get it set east-west so it looks less ‘engagement ring’, or set north-south?

Second, should I get the rose gold band polished, brushed finish or hammered??

Thanks!

See photos of ring inspiration and the actual stone.

I see only one photo.
very interesting and nice diamond!
To make a bezel set ring you should make a 3D scan of the diamond and send the STL file to the ring designer.
I would do it set East West and the gold any finish you like, If it was for me I would do it Satin finish.
what are the mm sizes of the diamond?

Dabid

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Do prefer the satin finish but I think a thicker band will look less engagement ring like.

shoechick

Shiny_Rock
I really like the satin. It lets the stone be the star and you still get to enjoy the yummy rose gold color :lickout: Looks more masculine and less engagement ring :D

kevnick80

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I really like the satin. It lets the stone be the star and you still get to enjoy the yummy rose gold color :lickout: Looks more masculine and less engagement ring :D

I agree! Love it even more now.

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooohhh I love the string but agree that the shank should be wider!!!

metall

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I much much prefer this! Am wondering if it could be a tiny bit more "rugged" with a heavier handed brushed finish.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results