shape
carat
color
clarity

Stuck in a bind

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sparky0173

Rough_Rock
After months of searching for stone, I've finally nailed it down to a few stones from several reputable online dealers. I've have been provided with Sarin reports, Idealscope images, and Brillianscope reports on the stones (although not necessarily all the reports or the same combination of reports for each stone), and I am finding it extremely extremely difficult to decide which stone to purchase. The fact that they do not all have the same reports makes it more difficult to compare apples to apples. I would be comfortable from buying with any one of these dealers, so that is not really the issue. I know there are many experts out there and many who have experienced the same situation during their buying process. Could you guys please share your experience with me and describe how you picked the stone you ultimately picked? What factors did you consider? Did you have all of your stones appraised by a professional to help you decide?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking to buy a stone very soon.

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
go with what feels right. there has to be something that, for you, is the dealmaker.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Good question. No easy answer to that one!

I guess it''s just a matter of weighing all the options... each diamond has its own parameters and qualities. All of the various factors should be taken into consideration. For me, it comes down to cut first, then size, clarity, and color. And I want it from a vendor that I know and trust. (And oh, PRICE is right up there, too!)

Try sleeping on it a night. Hopefully that will help. You have probably picked out all winners, and I''ll bet there''s not a bad choice in the bunch!

Lynn

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I eliminate all but the top cuts first, and any that are not eye clean go. Then I look at diameter (that''s the size your eye will see), and try to find the sweet spot between diameter, color and price.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you are right, they will all more than likely look incredible.

as far as size, you will definitely save $$ by staying under the 1ct. mark. the premium is (imo) outrageous. you should be able to find an awesome .9ish with the spread of a 1ct. stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results