shape
carat
color
clarity

Stroller Talk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 8:31:10 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Burk & TGal, what would you spend $200 on strollerwise? I still have at least another year of just pushing around T.
Tacori, sorry I missed this!

Isn''t stroller shopping fun? :)

I like airfilled tires too, but they can deflate which isn''t fun. However, as you know, the ride on them is just awesome.

It''s been over a year since I''ve really looked at strollers, so I am afraid I am not much help, especially in that price range. There were some newer strollers coming out at the time from NZ that looked good, but for the life of me, I can''t remember what they were. I don''t know of too many air tire strollers though.

Have you checked out Silver Cross? I remember reading some good things about them. You''d have to do the research though. Here is the link to Silver Cross Pop...

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Cross-Lifestyle-Collection-Stroller/dp/B0012YF04E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1237872725&sr=8-1

I also remember reading about the Joovy Kooper - it is $200.

http://www.amazon.com/Joovy-Kooper-Umbrella-Stroller-Black/dp/B001F50TMI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1237872845&sr=1-1

Do you have a short list of strollers you are looking at?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
sunkist, yes it gives it a smoother ride is is especially nice for uneven roads/sidewalks. Plus I hate the sound the plastic tires make and they wear MUCH faster.

TGal, so I just heard they have a Dreamer Design Jogger at Cosco for $99. I am not a member but we have some friends who are. Maybe they will let me borrow their card to check it out. That would be a great price *but* they are going out of business so any warranty would be worthless. People seem to love their DDs though and they always have good reviews. I saw one at the Y and I should have asked the mom if she liked it. I am set on a three wheel. I actually pushed the Contours and REALLY liked it but the seat is pretty small for a toddler.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 12:42:22 PM
sunkist, yes it gives it a smoother ride is is especially nice for uneven roads/sidewalks. Plus I hate the sound the plastic tires make and they wear MUCH faster.

TGal, so I just heard they have a Dreamer Design Jogger at Cosco for $99. I am not a member but we have some friends who are. Maybe they will let me borrow their card to check it out. That would be a great price *but* they are going out of business so any warranty would be worthless. People seem to love their DDs though and they always have good reviews. I saw one at the Y and I should have asked the mom if she liked it. I am set on a three wheel. I actually pushed the Contours and REALLY liked it but the seat is pretty small for a toddler.
Tacori, worth checking out. For that price, I wouldn''t care too much about the warranty. How much is it regular price?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the model but the lite was $249

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 1:24:16 PM
Depends on the model but the lite was $249
OOh, run, don''t walk, to Costco!!

socalgirl, never heard of them...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
SoCal, I just pushed on at BRU (the 3 wheeler) and really liked it! I think it would be perfect for the first year about think an older toddler might not fit. They are relatively inexpensive so might be okay to chance it. Pushes REALLY nice.

TGal, I should call. Even if we have to join (think it is $50) still would be a good price.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, boo I just called and they don''t have ANY strollers. Sounded too good to be true. Think I am going to up the budget.

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Tacori. My sister is getting the dual one for her twins, and my husband really liked the way that steered. They don''t have the single one at the BRU by us, though.

I really want the Uppa Baby Vista, but DH is not sold on spending that much money on a stroller. The price on a single Kocraft is ridiculously cheap, so it may be nice alternative to start. Plus, I like that it already comes with the carseat adapter, so that is one less thing you have to buy.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 2:13:45 PM
Author: so cal girl
Thanks Tacori. My sister is getting the dual one for her twins, and my husband really liked the way that steered. They don''t have the single one at the BRU by us, though.

I really want the Uppa Baby Vista, but DH is not sold on spending that much money on a stroller. The price on a single Kocraft is ridiculously cheap, so it may be nice alternative to start. Plus, I like that it already comes with the carseat adapter, so that is one less thing you have to buy.

Mine had one on clearance (someone must have returned it). I think it was $148. I was really impressed with the steering and loved the feel of the handle. Also the seat can be turned either way which is pretty cool. Is there any store that has one in stock so you can try it out?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori, what do you think of the Baby Jogger city mini? Give us a short list of what you want and we can help scour the net for deals.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, I want three wheels w/ real tires, front wheel MUST swivel, steers great, large sun shade, nice basket, one handle...think that''s my must haves.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 2:40:30 PM
TGal, I want three wheels w/ real tires, front wheel MUST swivel, steers great, large sun shade, nice basket, one handle...think that''s my must haves.
Girl, you want a BOB!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, haha...you are probably right. BTW I tried the BJCE (since you can find deals on the 2008) and you have to get into the basket from the SIDE! Meh! I don''t think so! Wish you could add a tray with the BOB. Wish they weren''t so expensive. Oh well. Which color do you have again? Do you have the 16" back wheels?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 2:45:28 PM
TGal, haha...you are probably right. BTW I tried the BJCE (since you can find deals on the 2008) and you have to get into the basket from the SIDE! Meh! I don''t think so! Wish you could add a tray with the BOB. Wish they weren''t so expensive. Oh well. Which color do you have again? Do you have the 16'' back wheels?
You can add a tray, but it''s $50 and ridiculous.

I have the orange 16" wheels. I''ll look around tonight and see what I can find when I am off work...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal, thanks. REI still has their 20% off until the 29th. What made you decide to get the 16"? Just curious. $50 for a tray is INSANE! She would have to learn to live without it and I would get another tether strap (not sure if that is what they are called). I have one for her sippy since she LOVES to throw things out. It is SO annoying!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/24/2009 2:58:04 PM
TGal, thanks. REI still has their 20% off until the 29th. What made you decide to get the 16''? Just curious. $50 for a tray is INSANE! She would have to learn to live without it and I would get another tether strap (not sure if that is what they are called). I have one for her sippy since she LOVES to throw things out. It is SO annoying!
it''s really the carseat adapter. Once you don''t use that feature, you can snap on a tray. But it''s awkwardly placed from what I see. I think they did it as a value add to justify the price of the adapter.

I got the 16" because I wanted it for jogging/walking so I didn''t need the smaller footprint of the AW version.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I looked on all the NC craigslist sites. No BOBs to be had secondhand (and lots of people wanting them). No decent deals on ebay either. Wow, I bought my BOB new for a bit over 200 bucks in Oz. I should have bought out their whole lot and brought them back over. They had Dualies for about 275 USD!!

Onto looking for different strollers now...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2009 12:51:10 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Well, I looked on all the NC craigslist sites. No BOBs to be had secondhand (and lots of people wanting them). No decent deals on ebay either. Wow, I bought my BOB new for a bit over 200 bucks in Oz. I should have bought out their whole lot and brought them back over. They had Dualies for about 275 USD!!

Onto looking for different strollers now...

J.E.A.L.O.U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results