shape
carat
color
clarity

stroller recommendations

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I know Fiery asked about this a few months ago, but I''m looking for stroller recommendations. I have a BOB for jogging, but the wheel doesn''t turn and it''s too big to navigate small stores and restaurants. We have a Snug Rider for Claire''s carseat, but she''s wanting to sit up now, not be reclined.

I''m considering the following:

Maclaren Triumph
Uppa Baby G Lite
Peg Perego Si

Any feedback yay or nay?

I want the stroller to be super light weight. Most days Claire and I will leave on foot and walk 1 or 2 miles on urban sidewalks. If I''m going out for a run or an exploratory walk, we''ll take the BOB, but if we''re going to the museum or the coffee shop, I want something more manageable.

Or should I go for a bigger stroller with more capacity? We''ll probably start going to the park about .8 miles away when she''s old enough to walk. At that point, will I want a stroller that holds more stuff? Or should I just carry that stuff in a backpack?

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I looked at the uppababy gluxe, but didn''t like how short the seat was. It looked like it would reach only partway along a 1 year old''s thighs. I''m now eyeing the Guzzie and Guss 104. Maclaren Triumph is also supposed to be good.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, so, I''ve read a bunch of reviews and watched some Baby Gizmo videos, and I''m no closer to figuring this out. Just when I''m convinced that this stroller is the right one, I see what it looks like when folded or find out the handles aren''t height adjustable. But I did find the location of a fancy schmancy stroller store, so I''m heading out there the first chance I get.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
My combo is Bob duallie and Maclaren Twin Triumph.

I love them both.

The Maclaren is super easy to fold, it''s lightweight (even for a double stroller) folds small and they look super comfy in it and it steers great!. With that said...

Cons of the Maclaren: not crazy about the canopy (kind of small and doesn''t adjust), no cup holders, basket underneath tough to get to (at least with the twin version).

Not to confuse you more, but the babyjoggers have some really lightweight options worth looking into (the Micro)...and take a look at diapers.com for some extra savings (someone else posted about this sale below)

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, you may want to go to a big store and try some out. I did a lot of research online for an umbrella stroller, but I ended up disagreeing with a lot of what was written.

What are your requirements?

Mine were that it had to fold/open easily, have a 5 point harness because we used it before ds could sit up long on his own, recline for the same reason, and be a good height for me/easy to maneuver, and be light.

We looked at the Maclaren, but it seemed a bit overpriced and very similar to the other brands that offered the same stuff.

We ended up getting a Combi Cosmo, and I honestly use it every day (keep it in my trunk and use it whenever we''re out anywhere that he''s not in a shopping cart) and I have no complaints other than that I wish the basket and the shade were both a bit bigger (but in umbrella strollers, that''s not gonna happen). I still use my big travel system stroller when we''re walking outside on really rough terrain, but the Combi is great in stores, etc. that have tight aisles and such.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
We have the triumph and pretty much the same cons as Mandy described. I''m happy with it though. It steers really well in and out of aisles. My other concern was that it didn''t look too comfy to nap in but she finally napped in it the other day and she was fine in it.

Ditto Sabine to try some out.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto the baby jogger ... we were looking at the city mini, but the newish micro also caught my eye--that might be a good one if you already have a BOB.

ditto going and trying them out. also have your mental 'short list' of requirements because that will make a big diff.

mine were: real tires, lightweight, fits car seat, easily foldable (aka no removing of items first), fits in trunk of my A3 with wheels, somewhat stylish looking since we just wanted one stroller.

i love our stroller which fits all the above (plus more i didn't realize WAS handy to have), and we were able to only get ONE stroller which was huge to me. i am so glad i didn't get something else recommended that i didn't absolutely love, because you spend a lot of time with the stroller, so you better love it! and since we got ours, two friends who saw it loved it so they are getting one too. hehe.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, I decided to go with a more heavy-duty stroller and ditch the super light-weight idea. We went with the Mutsy 4Rider Lite.

The only bummer is that it wasn''t in stock so we''ll get it next week.

Buying a stroller is definitely one of those things where you have to test them out before buying, IMO. I did all this research, but then when I got to the store, I didn''t like what I thought I would like. I just went on feel. We also looked at the Easy Walker and the iCandy. They had the UppaBaby Vista, which Baby Bargains made their best buy, but the salesman said that you were just paying $700 for the bassinet and other accessories you wouldn''t necessarily need. The Mutsy was $500.

I had read that Peg Perego Si''s basket hung too low, and the one in the store didn''t even have a basket . . . the salesman/owner sheepishly admitted that it was because a customer''s basket had dragged and broken, so he gave the customer the basket from the floor model.

I was a little worried I would come home and read terrible things about the Mutsy since I hadn''t researched it ahead of time, but luckily, it sounds like I did ok!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 8:48:58 PM
Author: phoenixgirl

Buying a stroller is definitely one of those things where you have to test them out before buying, IMO. I did all this
My kids are older now, so no more stroller, but I just wanted to say for sure go in and test out the strollers and see how easily they collapse and their weight, etc. What was a HUGE deal for me was being able to collapse the stroller and lift it into my vehicle (which back then was a Ford Explorer) while STILL holding my son.

My first was a Graco and my second was a double peg perego (I don''t see it on the BRU site). . .

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I love my Kolcraft. Of all of the strollers we have, I like that one the most. I have twins, but the single is design practically the same way.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results