shape
carat
color
clarity

Strawberry quartz - What do you think? Ideas for it?

SparklySasquatch

Rough_Rock
Hi gem friends,

Since I started on the quest to find a stone for a friend, I myself have developed an interest in semi - and precious stones. One that has caught my eye is strawberry quartz. The faceted stones look so cute and they have a hardness of 7.

But, I am having a hard time picturing it in jewellery because it looks sort of . . costumey or something. Have any of you set it into a piece of jewellery ? What sort ? (Ring, pendant, ear rings) What sort of setting did you choose since it is like a really inexpensive stone.

Eager to see any ideas besides the round beads on string bracelets for like chakras and stuff, but nice pieces. Thanks !

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Hi gem friends,

Since I started on the quest to find a stone for a friend, I myself have developed an interest in semi - and precious stones. One that has caught my eye is strawberry quartz. The faceted stones look so cute and they have a hardness of 7.

But, I am having a hard time picturing it in jewellery because it looks sort of . . costumey or something. Have any of you set it into a piece of jewellery ? What sort ? (Ring, pendant, ear rings) What sort of setting did you choose since it is like a really inexpensive stone.

Eager to see any ideas besides the round beads on string bracelets for like chakras and stuff, but nice pieces. Thanks !

Etsy has an assortment of strawberry quartz jewelry pieces- Here is a link to strawberry quartz rings:
https://www.etsy.com/search?q=strawberry quartz ring

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How nice, I thought they were clear or milky quartz with strawberry colored flecks sporadically out, but they are more uniform in color than that.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi gem friends,

I like this better than rose quartz in that i see so much washed out looking rose quartz for sale i don't trust the colours on line
ive seen some lovelly pieces on the net but have no idea how one would set them
maybe as a pendent

Ive kinda been looking / thinking for large beads to put in my whitby jet necklase

Ill be very interested to see what you come up with

SparklySasquatch

Rough_Rock
edited to say that diamonds would scratch a 7 hardness . . correct ? In my jewelry composing brain . .

I am looking around and sometimes see larger sizes that could be a nice pendant or even a ring.

It seems like something that would not look "nice" with a halo design. . . that is my inexperienced lame opinion. It may look too busy. . At the same time, since it is rather an inexpensive stone, would it be best to stick to non-fancy substitutes like white zircon or similar in the case that it is accompanied ?

Leave the diamonds to the more precious stones out there sort of thing.

Not sure why I think everything needs a halo or something to accompany ! =)

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Just because it's not an expensive stone doesn't mean you can't put it in any setting you want, regardless of how much $$$ it is. I made my wedding jewellery set with rose quartz, for example. White gold, diamond pave and some very pale pink stones because I was chasing the exact hue of my pale pink wedding dress. :DNow I have a lovely set that I can wear with any outfit for any occasion. So I say, go with the setting you want and make it so you'll wear it with joy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
edited to say that diamonds would scratch a 7 hardness . . correct ? In my jewelry composing brain . .

I am looking around and sometimes see larger sizes that could be a nice pendant or even a ring.

It seems like something that would not look "nice" with a halo design. . . that is my inexperienced lame opinion. It may look too busy. . At the same time, since it is rather an inexpensive stone, would it be best to stick to non-fancy substitutes like white zircon or similar in the case that it is accompanied ?

Leave the diamonds to the more precious stones out there sort of thing.

Not sure why I think everything needs a halo or something to accompany ! =)
I dont buy into the thought that a setting should be cheaper for a less expensive stone
if you're not going to sell it, and are going to wear and love it why shouldn't it have diamonds ?

Im trying to find a picture i saved a while ago from PS - a beautiful large piece with a huge table i was so taken with ....could take a while

SparklySasquatch

Rough_Rock
Just because it's not an expensive stone doesn't mean you can't put it in any setting you want, regardless of how much $$$ it is. I made my wedding jewellery set with rose quartz, for example. White gold, diamond pave and some very pale pink stones because I was chasing the exact hue of my pale pink wedding dress. :DNow I have a lovely set that I can wear with any outfit for any occasion. So I say, go with the setting you want and make it so you'll wear it with joy.

That sounds lovely and the idea of a pale pink wedding dress . . . :kiss2:

Okay - - - so it is fine to go with diamonds for a setting for an inexpensive stone ! I learned some thing very important if it suits my fancy.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds lovely and the idea of a pale pink wedding dress . . .

Well now that you've said that I simply have to show off... :D

A pink dress was the last thing I ever imagined I'd end up in, didn't even know dresses came in that colour before I went shopping... So here's what it looks like with the ring in the picture:
1644236476116.png

The colour of the quartz is very difficult to photograph, but I managed a decent pic:
1644236723673.png

And this is the set with the earrings:
1644236759856.png

They matched perfectly on the day. The diamond pave offers some protection for the quartz, so there's a plus of having diamonds. And you know, for a cheap stone in a less desirable colour I actually like it very much. It has some orange-ish colour play depending on the way light hits it.

So, with all that aside I've been looking at pretty pictures of strawberry quartz jewellery. Even though most of what you see is done in cheap settings, there are some very pretty things.

A necklace:
1644237179711.png

Bezels offer some protection when setting as a ring:
1644237330281.png

And just look at that. So pretty.
1644237365000.png

Come to think of it, I'm starting to consider a strawberry quartz piece myself... :D

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

A pink dress was the last thing I ever imagined I'd end up in, didn't even know dresses came in that colour before I went shopping... So here's what it looks like with the ring in the picture:
1644236476116.png

The colour of the quartz is very difficult to photograph, but I managed a decent pic:
1644236723673.png

And this is the set with the earrings:
1644236759856.png

They matched perfectly on the day. The diamond pave offers some protection for the quartz, so there's a plus of having diamonds. And you know, for a cheap stone in a less desirable colour I actually like it very much. It has some orange-ish colour play depending on the way light hits it.

So, with all that aside I've been looking at pretty pictures of strawberry quartz jewellery. Even though most of what you see is done in cheap settings, there are some very pretty things.

A necklace:
1644237179711.png

Bezels offer some protection when setting as a ring:
1644237330281.png

And just look at that. So pretty.
1644237365000.png

Come to think of it, I'm starting to consider a strawberry quartz piece myself... :D

Now that's how to do pink !
:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :appl: :appl: :appl: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

SparklySasquatch

Rough_Rock

I second the reply that this is the way to do pink ! :kiss2: Your dress, bouquet, and jewelry pieces are a total moment !

I hope that you bring a strawberry quartz into your collection then ! Hope that one speaks to you ! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results