shape
carat
color
clarity

strange thing @ b&m store

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nsaids_nurse420

Shiny_Rock
went to b&m store the other day, was just looking. looked @ diamond through a loope. there was a moderate line of deep red along the inside of a princess cut. i mentioned it to the clerk, who took it out of my hand to get a look for herself. so she procedes to clean it, then looks @ it through loope and sees red area i pointed out. she states to me, "oh, looks like you found a run of garnet!" and she looks @ me with excitement. i''ve never heard of this. i''ve read about white and dark inclusions but never red ones. is there such a thing as a run of garnet in a diamond?

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
could also be fracture filling?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2007 4:43:01 AM
Author:nsaids_nurse420
went to b&m store the other day, was just looking. looked @ diamond through a loope. there was a moderate line of deep red along the inside of a princess cut. i mentioned it to the clerk, who took it out of my hand to get a look for herself. so she procedes to clean it, then looks @ it through loope and sees red area i pointed out. she states to me, ''oh, looks like you found a run of garnet!'' and she looks @ me with excitement. i''ve never heard of this. i''ve read about white and dark inclusions but never red ones. is there such a thing as a run of garnet in a diamond?
from what I understand the dark inclusions are often garnet... some people like inclusions like that... I saw a pic once where there was a heart shaped garnet in the diamond... we had a thread about this once....

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, often the "black" inclusions in diamond are garnet, which can be seen in strong transmitted light. To get some that look red is unusual, and someone is going to love that about their diamond, provided the clerk remembers or knows to share it with their client.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results